Megamind

I’m wondering how many people have actually seen Shrek 4. For the record, I have, and although it’s not as good as Dragon, it’s the best Shrek emotionally (even more so than the first, I may add).

So in my books, it’s 1.75/3 for DW so far. Pixar, of course, is 1/1.

Doesn’t look that great. I really lost faith with Dreamworks with Shrek the Third, and while Dragons and Shrek 4 were somewhat redeeming, not enough to turn the tide with me. A blue balloon-headed Michael Jackson wannabe Vs a Superman rip off. =\

I seem to be the minority here, I found the trailer hilarious :confused:

The more I see the trailer, the more I want to see the movie.

O’course, I don’t really expect it to be a tearjearker, but I’m quite curious on how Ferrel pulls off a kids movie :wink:

I also enjoy how they made Tina Fey’s character, and wonder where they’ll go with that.

Haha, that makes two of us.

Glad to see I’m not alone thewisecookiesheet. I like the premise of a villain having nothing to do after accidentally killing the hero; sorta reminds me of Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog. Plus, I love Brad Pitt and Tina Fey. I like the scene where she’s making fun of all his traps 8D

Make it three!

Not so sure about it being or not being a tearjerker (I suspect the opening sequence hinted at in the second trailer will be pretty close, though), but after having my expectations exceeded in HTTYD and Shrek 4, I am open-minded to the idea that Dreamworks may just do an about-turn this year (even with its ridiculously crammed release pipeline).

Of course, there are some bad points. The backgrounds still look uninspiring (something which I think is DW’s weakest point lately, post-KFP’s stellar matte paintings), and they really need to drop the wisecracks. But who knows? Maybe this will be third time lucky for the studio?

Yes, I think Megamind could be funny to watch once… But it’s not a movie I would buy to rewatch and love. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if I want to watch Megamind or not, seeing as how the basis of the movie is eerily similar to a line from my fanfiction Ultraviolet, and the fact that it’s being released six years after The Incredibles to the day added to the fact that Ultraviolet is six years later is starting to creep me out a bit.

And the hero is called “Metro Man.” Sounds kind of like a cross between Meta Man and Metroville… hmmm…

Maybe I’m just being paranoid?

Or maybe Katzie has mind-reading powers! :open_mouth: Curse you, bald-headed Disney-defector! :smiley:

Ever wonder what Megamind would look like if he wasn’t animated, but a real dude?

Here’s Will Ferrell himself to demonstrate what that would look like:

Here’s the link:

movies.yahoo.com/feature/hitfix- … c-con.html

I read another article on the panel on Coming Soon that discussed the new footage (which we’ll see tomorrow online). Apparently [spoil]Metro Man’s skeleton comes flying towards the screen when he gets offed.[/spoil] That sounds a bit brutal. I mean, face it, there’s gonna be a bunch of little kids watching the movie who’ll probably be pretty shaken up by that. Although I’m wondering what his skull is gonna look like, due to his unusual face structure. :stuck_out_tongue:

Holy crap, Bryko, that’s sure to give a few tykes nightmares for weeks! :open_mouth:

Wh -

for sure?
Schweet. Scare dem kiddies, teach dem not all animation is sugarcoated sweetness…

alright, that sounded pretty wrong. I’m all for saving dem kiddies’ childhoods (heck, I refrained to show the Great Mighty Poo to some little kids at camp I went to, because it contained profanity. Yet they kept bugging me to show them. Luckily they were Dutch like me so all profanity just flew over their heads. They found it funny because it was a singing pile of poo.)
It’s just that I’m disgustingly annoyed by the fact most animation gets degraded as kids’ stuff.

I may actually see this one. It doesn’t look bad at all.

Yikes! :shake: That would scare me if I was little. That might even creep me out now.

Badger: While that may be true, this clearly isn’t an animated movie that’s meant for adults as a whole. Just seems like a bunch of silly moments. Nothing too deep or anything.

Anyway, the footage is online now. It’s not as bad as I thought. But the whole way they approach practically everything makes it seem really lacking from a dramatic stance.
comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68197

I like the “No You Can’t” posters!

• You have been blessed with unfathhmble power
  • With what?
  • Unfath… - without fathom!!!

XD Lol!

But seriously… They spoiled a major plot twist in the movie in ComicCon footage… AGAIN! Ugh, Dreamworks, please stop doing that! :frowning:

That’s pretty much the only thing about the trailer I liked, sadly.

Haha xD I love the ‘No You Can’t’ Posters. That would be a DW poster I wouldn’t mind owning. That should be the movie poster.

As for the skeleton thing, I honestly don’t think it will bother so much, DEPENDING on the music, though I could see it work both ways with eerie, shocking music.

“Oh no! We’re gonna crash, ahhhh

The only character I still can’t stand is the Jonah Hill character. He’s just there.

I know, I want one. It would look amazing on my wall!