Last Days With Ellie - A Carl Fredricksen Journal.

Thanks WheezysBestBud! Yeah, it’s hard to believe that old men are grumpy even though with someone they’re really love LOL.

The guitar reference: [spoil]At the scene when Carl throwing stuffs to fly his house again, you may notice that there’s a guitar.[/spoil] Hence, I made that reference that Carl CAN play guitar. What the purpose of the guitar BTW? LOL

WOW, chef, that is a great catch with the guitar! I wouldn’t have thought of that. What a great reference to include!

Thanks again karly05! Glad you like the guitar reference! :smiley:

NOTE: My Days With Ellie will be back next Saturday. Sorry for any inconvenience. The author is busy with his life for the whole week. And as you may know, it’s the last part, I’m gonna sure that readers’ wait worth it. Thanks for supporting wannabechef91’s a.k.a chef fanfic.
:neutral_face:

Man, I’m doing this way too formal. Thanks for reading though!

wow…nice job with your biography of Carl and Ellie…really opens up the window compared to the Pixar short 2-5 minute montage they did about it…you really have let us all expirience something different about them.

Will be waiting for next chapter whenever it is available.

Sunday.

Monday.

[i]I’ve never been this sorrowful. I’ve never been this heartbroken. I’ve never been this…lonely. I feel that I don’t belong to anyone now. I feel like the world is end for me. I feel like…like…alone. I am alone. Ellie’s gone. She’s gone, forever. My first love is…gone…in heaven. She’s just disappeared…just like that…not in peace. She didn’t get to make her dream come true. I wetted this page of this journal. I tried to live without her since hours ago, but can’t. On our chairs of love, I swear that this is the last piece of myself and Ellie writing this journal. So I could keep my journey with Ellie for eternity. So I could not to tell the story of my life after Ellie – which has beginning to torture my soul and ripped into pieces. Goodbye Ellie my dear, I pray that you are rested in peace and calmness. I will keep our dreams and adventures alive, with this house and the blue balloon, as my promise to you…

• Your sweetheart for eternity –
    Carl[/i]

[Sunday evening]

It’s Ellie’s birthday. Yet it’s the most heartbroken day ever in my life. Here, I stand, hours ago, crying since hours ago, with a piece of paper and a pen, in front Ellie’s tombstone, wetting the papers in the middle of twilight, try to forgive myself what have happened. From here, I can see our hill, Ellie. I can hear the Song of the Wind, Song of our Romance and the Song of Kisses. Your disappearing hurt my heart, my soul, unexplainable. You’re my everything, Ellie. You’re my everything. I’m nothing when you’re not around. It’s all come clear to me now. It’s not about Ellie, it’s all about me. The questions are coming back to me: What will happen to me when Ellie died? Will I be strong to continue life? Will I endure towards her lost? I have reached my point, I am crying very hard right now, Ellie. What am I gonna do? It’s only me alone, the house and this blue balloon…what do I do now, Ellie? Please answer, my love, please…

[earlier that afternoon]

[i]The hospital won’t let me to sleep with Ellie all night. I am mad. They’re try to work it out by protocol. Puh… what a joke. However, they let me to stay all night outside the door. I stayed all night waiting for her. I looked at her calm face while she was sleeping, she is still beautiful. I prayed all night for her. I could not afford to leave her or seeing her ill.

But I have to get back early this morning to get her something and to dress myself up too. I’m sure she did not want to see me unorganized. I’ve been told by the doctor that she wanted me to bring her adventure book. And perhaps I could get her the balloon.[/i]

It’s Visiting Hour and Ellie looks so fine, though her face a little bit pale. She is still looked so energetic. Well, that’s Ellie I know since then. I brought her the book, she smiles at me… Oh, only heaven knows my feeling. However, I forgot to bring the surprise that she would like. So I tell her that I have a surprise for her. “I’ll back in a minute, I promise.”

Ellie is reading the book and looked very ill now, a sudden facial expression of mine changes. She could smile towards me though her smile is weak. I let go the balloon that attached to piece of small wood – just like she did it to me almost 70 years ago. She tells me to come beside her and she said she has something to tell me. I stand beside her and touching her, my heart is almost crushed by her pale look. She pushed gently the book to me, she said weakly: “Don’t you worry about me, okay?” She touches my cheek and she correcting my bow tie. I touch her hand. I kiss her forehead. I lay my head on her’s. I say to her: “I, will never leave you my sweetheart…” I sing her ‘You’re My Everything’ as lullaby and we fall asleep together.

I feel my hands are so cold. I feel Ellie’s hands are so cold. I hear beeps. I hear people rushing. I’m unconscious. The man in white suit asked me to go out. I’m conscious. I’m petrified. I’m furious. “I WILL NEVER LEAVE MY WIFE ALONE!” But someone pulled me out. I called Ellie. “Ellie…Ellie my dear, Ellie!” The woman who pulled me out loses her grip, I run towards Ellie, but the doctor and two nurses blocked me, I managed to get her cold hand. “The beep, no, no!” !” I realized what the sound is. My heart is crushed, my head cannot think rationally. “NO, ELLIE, NO!!!” [i] I am carried outside by the two other nurses. One of them said something about fine, about Ellie. I’m too preoccupied with Ellie. Those people inside try to wake her up. I cannot afford to watch it, but how could I? It’s my dying wife inside! Oh God, save her, save her. I break myself up. I cried so hard. I cried while I’m on my knees. I don’t know what to do now. Suddenly I feel…not me. I’m not Carl Fredricksen anymore.

Few minutes later and after all the tries they did to Ellie, the doctor opened the door and said: “I’m sorry Mr. Fredricksen, we have tried our best, God loves her more.”

My world crushed. My eyes blinded. My senses numbed. My body stood quietly. Is this…the end? I asked to myself. She’s gone? Ellie’s……gone? Just……gone?

The hospital handled the funeral ceremony as I’m too petrified by what was happened. The ceremony would be two hours before dusk this evening. The hospital called the insurance company about Ellie. Everything is handled by the hospital while me, sitting at the end of the aisle, holding the balloon. Friends and neighbors coming by to give their condolence. And most of them will attending the final farewell at the church this evening.

[i]Ellie’s gone. Forever. I missed her. I never leave her for a second in our lifetime. Now, she’s six feet under. Resting, in peace, while I thought she doesn’t. She did not achieve her dreams…
Now I am here, sitting in the church, still holding the balloon. An hour after they buried Ellie. After friends and neighbors to give their final respect and farewell to her…

Ellie, the most enthusiastic girl I knew and an absolute beauty of love. She lived and she died on the very same date. She tried to live her dreams. She loves me and nothing really matter but her love of me. She is my wife. She is my sweetheart. She is…an adventurer.
I sang[/i] ‘You’re My Everything’ on my way out from the church to her tomb. With I am crying of loss and love. Ellie, I’ll never ever forget you…

You’re my everything
The sun that shines above you makes the bluebird sing
The stars that twinkle way up in the sky
Tell me I’m in love

When I kiss your lips
I feel the rolling thunder to my fingertips
And all the while my head is in a spin
Deep within…I’m in love

You’re my everything
And nothing really matters but the love you bring
You’re my everything
To see you in the morning with those big, brown eyes
You’re my everything
Forever and the day I need you close to me
You’re my everything
You never have to worry, never fear
For I am near

You’re my everything
I live up on the land that see the sky above
I swim within her ocean sweet and warm
There’s no storm, my love…

THE END.

P/S: Yeah, I know that Ellie’s eyes are green (referring to the song) but hey, I try to make this story interesting. And Ellie’s eyes in this story are still green. Thanks for reading! :slight_smile:

Great job. Honestly, I cried a bit reading it. Some of it seems a bit over-explained, but it’s a great piece. Also, I WAS gonna correct you about Ellie’s eye color (yeah,I know the color of everyone’s eyes in the movie, I’m a nerd, :stuck_out_tongue: ) But you pointed it out already. Good eye.

Excellent job chef, how long were you working on this one? Did you just not get around to it until recently?

Thanks ffdude!

Me too, I wrote the story and I’m teared a bit. Referring over-explained part, I agree. But just don’t want people get boggled by it.

Honestly, I’ve working on this part since a month-and-a-half ago. During Part II & Part III writing. It took me sometime to complete this story as I want to make it a good ending besides having a problem for the plot. Before this, I find that my plots for the final part is kinda…cliche. I wrote this story today after completing the draft and the synopsis after a whole month.

Glad you like it!

Poor Carl! :cry: I like how you deal with his sense of being lost without her, not knowing what to do, and this: “It’s all come clear to me now. It’s not about Ellie, it’s all about me. The questions are coming back to me: What will happen to me when Ellie died?” I think you’ve done a good job with Carl’s emotions.

I’m going to give you one English language note: “I pray that you are rested in peace and calamity.” - A calamity is like a disaster. I think you may be looking for “calm” or “calmness”?

That was sooo sweet! Sad, but sweet. It’s hard when you write as though you’re the character, not just telling about the character. You’re supposed to fill all of us readers in on how ya feel and what ya think. It’s definitely tricky, but I think you did a good job on it! :smiley: You may need to work more on making everything a bit clearer by putting scenes in the correct places so ya don’t get the reader confused. But otherwise, good work!

Ka-chow! :whip:

Wow, guys, thank you so much for spending time reading this err…plain old story. Really appreciate it though! And yeah, I’m just dropping by. :slight_smile: So I can’t talk longer than I really should. Wish me luck for my exams! :slight_smile:

Good luck! And it was a pleasure reading and commenting on your story!

Ka-chow! :whip: