Justice League/Justice League Unlimited

I think because most DC movies don’t do great except for Batman.

But it would be so cool. It could be terrific.

Yeah, it could be. But who knows. They would have to make it for older viewers since the kids who grew up with old arn’t kids anymore.

I mean a live action movie, though, outside the DC Animated Universe. Nobody, or everybody, will have “grown up with it.”

Wow, mentalguru!!! You totally nailed it perfectly. He is rarely written well and it’s very disappointing. He’s my all-time favourite, and it annoys me that people so quickly label him as too powerful and not relatable. I love that he’s so powerful, that’s part of his appeal. When did being the best become uncool? Superman is relatable by how he chooses to use the power he has.

I’m sure most people have had times like that in their life. If you’re at the park and see a parent continuously hitting their child, you have the power to step in and stop it - but will you? If you do, how do you resist the urge to punch the parent? This is Superman’s dilemma. People ask, “Why doesn’t he just throw Lex Luthor off the building?” That is the real conflict for Superman.

My favourite version was on Lois & Clark: New Adventures of Superman. He got to be himself as Clark and have a normal, happy life. When trouble arose he would sometimes deal with it smartly and subtly without anyone noticing him. When that wasn’t possible, his excuses to leave and be Superman were hilarious. “I just remembered, I …have to return a rented video… pick up a cheese platter… left my oven on”.

To stay on topic, DC/Warner Bros have been trying to make a Justice League movie for over a decade. The development never seems to get very far. The closest they came was a Superman/Batman film that almost got made (they even included pre-mature product placement for it in the film ‘I Am Legend’. I did read recently that they might be planning a Justice League film for release around 2015, so fingers crossed!

^Woah, that sounds awesome!! I hope that works out myself.

I didn’t realise until I just Wiki’d it that the DCAU (DC Animated Universe) of the 90s - mid-2000’s was so vast. I LOVE shows and movies that all link together, like Marvel Studios is currently doing with The Avengers, or a series like Stargate that have three shows all inter-linked.

I never really saw much of these cartoons back in the day, but now I plan to buy all the boxsets.
So for someone new to these stories, what would be the best order to watch them - or what is your preferred viewing order?

A suggested order I found via Google was this:
(Not including Static Shock or The Zeta Project which aren’t on DVD)

Batman: The Animated Series, season 1
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman: The Animated Series, season 2
Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero
Superman: The Animated Series, seasons 1-3 (exclude “Legacy”)
Batman: The Animated Series (remainder)
Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman
Superman: The Animated Series, season 3 “Legacy”
Justice League, season 1
Justice League, season 2
Justice League Unlimited, seasons 1-2 (exclude “Epilogue”)
Batman Beyond, seasons 1-3
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
Justice League Unlimited, season 1 “Epilogue”

Well, I started with Batman:TAS, then went to the spin off films, then Batman Beyond(hate it) and then Justice League, after which I will go Superman: TAS.

BUT, do NOT watch Batman:TAS or Mask of the Phantasm first. Only because, everything else will severely disappoint you after that. 8D 8D :`-(

hahaha! Well then, when it comes time to move on from Batman I’ll keep my expectations in check :wink:

That’s a very unique viewing order! Any particular reason?

Well, I’m really just seeing Superman last because that’s the only one I can’t get my hands on, and I have to watch it on youtube. Whereas Batman comes on the Hub, and my brother has the Justice League.

Oh, ok!

So how come you don’t care too much for Batman Beyond? I only ever saw one episode and had no idea what was going on at the time lol.

It shatters the entire Batman canon. Yes, 'tis set in the future, but it sort of ruins the whole mythology. And it pains me to see Bruce reduced to mentoring such a worthless punk. And I just hate how the universe works. Barbara used to be married to Bruce? WTF?!?!?!

Oh wow, that actually sounds really bad. Now I don’t know if I even want to watch it. The crossover in JLU will probably be enough for me. Thanks for the tip!

No problem. Most real Batman fans dislike it from my understanding.

I think I just found the greatest thing ever. Has anyone seen it?

I have yet to see that.

OMG, talk about the weirdest crossover ever. I must see this!! 8D

Exactly!! So random. XD

hahaha. Well I guess they are all detectives…

True. That is true.