Incredigirl's art

I love your poems IV! I wrote a sonnet about animation in High School, I’m glad I’m not the only one who writes cartoon poems! Anyway, very nice stuff!

Aw, thanks. :smiley:

Finally.I wrote another poem worthy of putting here. I thought I was out of creative juice. :frowning: So, here’s the story. I love Bob and Helen!!! I needed to write poems for/about them. :sunglasses: I’m sort of what i call a realist. I hold no(or try not to hold) false perceptions about love. I tried to reflect real love in this poem, not cheesy, stupid romantic comedy love. BTW, you guys are the first to see this. My parents(mainly mom) get tired of my shipping, so you guys get it, because you guys get it. This first one is from Helen’s perspective. I think this may be what Helen thought when Bob first drove away when she was suspicious.

Love

I need you when the sun goes down
I need you when you’re not around
I need you when I’m alone
Don’t you know your arms are my home?
You’re not perfect; neither am I
Your words sometimes make me cry
I need you, I love you still
You ease my pain like no pill
Love is such a trite concept
People make it sound like life or death
I can’t say I’d die without you
But I will say I need you
You’re the one who keeps me sane
You aren’t like sugar cane
You apply flattery at the right times
But you don’t lie, this I find
Only real love is so truthful
Lying for comfort is fowl, not beautiful
Hear me this before you go
You should know that I love you so
Not the kind of love that lies
That dyes the hair or covers the eyes
The kind of love that tells the truth
A love that doesn’t die without youth
Love that reaches beyond the body
The kind of love that isn’t gaudy
This love won’t die with age
The feelings won’t cease to rage
I need you, surely I do
I only ask if you need me too
I won’t say that I’m the best
But I’m different from the rest
I only say that I love you so
A love for you that no other could ever know
A love I offer only to you
Could your heart be so true?
We’re superheroes; what could happen?
Whatever it is, I’ll help you plan
Only one thing is for certain
My love for you will see no curtain

This one is from Bob’s perspective, for before he proposed to her. I think this is a wordy version of what he would think. I also tried to incorporate him acknowledging that she is a Feminist and may be harder to woo and marry.

A ring

I admit it’s true; I think you’re cute
But I also find you quite astute
I propose a deal, you see
That you should marry me
When I look at you, I see love in your face
But I know love is no race
I’ll wait until the day comes
When you give up your pride
And realize you do want sons
You’d look so good in white
To the other girls a jealous sight
I’d say don’t make me beg
But for you, I’d even give a leg
I’d beg for you
And so I do
Marry me
We’ll exist together happily
Not easily, but worth the fight
To have Elastigirl for a wife
But I love Helen all the more
And how she makes my heart soar
I’ll beg one more time
marry me, and end this rhyme
And each time I go to bed at night
I’ll thank God for you
My little wife

I liked both of your poems, but the lines I quoted above are my favorite and made me say “Wow!” and “Aww!” Those lines really stood out to me.

I dislike poems because in High School I was forced to write them, and I’m down right terrible. But I sometimes come across poems that speak to me and I actually like (which is rare) and your “Love” poem is one of them! Thanks for posting, I’ll have to remember for next years PP Awards.

Thanks, Kenzie! It means a lot from you. :slight_smile: I personally write a lot, because it’s the job I want. You can’t get a job if you stink. 8D

lol what do you mean by “a lot from you”?

I never knew you wanted to be a writer. I learned something new! Like a journalist or a teacher or an author?

An author or, preferably, a writer of screenplays for movies! I would hate to be a teacher. I adore little kids, but…not teenagers. :shake: And by “from you”, I just mean that your opinion means a lot.

Aww, thanks Virginia! And that’s great that you have a direction/dream. I once thought of being a teacher like you said, but most teenagers and little snots lol!

Impressive. It feels so powerful and from the heart. Very well done IV.

Thanks! :smiley:

You’re welcome!

Let me just say that I’m not usually the biggest fan of poetry (although I admit to writing some random poems in my lifetime), but yours are so AWESOME! The ones about Bob and Helen are some of the best! I wish I could have studied those in my language arts unit on poetry… these poems are so beautiful! And your drawing of The Incredibles and TS are so cute! Great job, Incredigirlvirginia! :smiley:

Aw, thank you, OWP!! It means a lot!! :smiley: