Incredible Expansion: Community project

[maybe it could be a ring of supercatchers. These criminals want to erase certain supers that can stop them and leave the ones that can’t]

[I like that idea. Go and start it up. Maybe everyone else will catch and follow]

(Why would they be stupid enough [no offense] to leave even the most minor threat existing? Unless they aren’t very good criminals, of course. :slight_smile:

Nope, I got my own plan of story arc coming up, and it is going to change Violet’s life forever… for the worse, of course, or we won’t have any drama, now, would we? :wink: )

'Back in the bustling city
Wealthy businessmen in elegant ties and striped suits of much cost, poor, wrinkle old ladies in ragged piece of garments frailly stepping along the cold, stony pavement, young lads without a worry in the world hopping across the streets.

He’s one of them now, an ordinary citizen of Metroville.

With a burdened heart, he paced among the rushing people, unaware of them as much as he was unnoticeable to them.

[i]‘So, what you gonna do now, Akai?’

‘Live a normal life like everyone, I guess…’

‘I’m really sorry, Akai…’[/i]

‘I’m real sorry…’

‘Bump!’ The echoing voice inside his head was interrupted by the painful impact of a collision on his forehead. Drowned in tremendous anguish, the human child was naturally not looking at where he was placing his next step, or his head.

“Watch it, you jerk!” cried out a tender female voice.

And since it belonged to the opposite gender, it obviously filled him with embarrassment that he had knocked down a young lady.

A young brunette with a white hairband, in a cute magnolia sports jersey, matching beige cargo pants with camouflaging patches, and a pair of Nike sportswear, to be exact. One did not need another clue that she was an athletic woman.

“Sumimas…”

He paused, remembering the language the city uses.

“I meant, I’m sorry, miss, I wasn’t looking where I was going.”

At he helped the young female up, he looked her in the eyes. Aqua, shimmering pupils - just like his.

“That’s okay,” she replied cheerfully with a warm smile, “I was kinda having my eyes on the road instead of my front, too…”

The way she rubbed her neck in awkwardness instantly entranced him. Her silky long hair flowing gracefully behind her shoulders worked her charm, too. She was a gorgeous one with captivating superpowers, seemingly.

“Um, I’m Akai.”

He greeted friendlily. Though the thirteen years old preteen knew it was somewhat rude to introduce himself like that, especially when it meant that the opposition had to introduce herself, he helplessly blurted out those words at that moment, causing him to retract the hand that he had stretched forward for a handshake just seconds after he had pulled it out.

She chuckled; at his innocence, not his dorky attitude. In contrary, she felt warmth from him, picturing him as a polite gentleman with a sense of insecurity she was… all so familiar with.

Gently, she swiveled her palm around his back, where his fair-complexioned arm was kept hidden, and tugged it out slowly to avoid any hostility with her new friend.

“It’s alright, I’m Violet Parr.”

His shy look shed into a delighted smile. She trusted him enough to even insert her last name, something he was extremely honored of, needless to say.

She noticed her smile, and chuckled once more - this time she was laughing at his dorkiness, unintentionally, of course.

“But, you can call me Vi.”

Akai Tanner was always confident around most people, but around his friends mostly. However, whenever an attractive teen popped around the corner, he reduced into the demure personality as displayed currently.

After gaining the impression that she was friendly - unlike most of the beautiful girls who had dissed him throughout the schoolground - he attempted to look at her face once again; slowly. The cute girls around him might had became different, but he was surely not readied to be confident.

When his eyes finally locked onto hers, she gave another chuckle, shutting her eyes away as she laughed.

"So, which school do you go to?" the caring brunette inquired.

The two had found a quiet spot to sit down; a remote area at the city hall, on top of a long stack of white stairs where they were able to get a good view of the diminishing but equally alluring sunset.

"Western View Jr. High," he answered, quite surprising her with the reply which stole her smile away, "I just got there."

She kept her shock surprised, trying not to ruin the atmosphere.

"A new student?" she continued.

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Just my guess, really."

"Heh. Well, just a few days old, to be specific."

Another harmonious chuckle. The affable moment got the couple noticing the stinging rays of solar. They were sinking down the horizon, but because so, they were extremely bright.

"It's a beautiful sunset," he remarked casually with his hands set on top of the upper level of the steps behind him.

"Yeah, sure is."

Then, realization of the reality struck her. It was almost 7, and she had not told her mother about Mrs Hasegawa's little talk yet. She would not had minded - much - that she stay out late, especially with her growing age, save giving a curfew of certain stringency, but she must return home quick.

"Sigh, I gotta go."

Disappointment, of course, but it was a short one. He is a stubborn child, not immature. He nodded with an affirmative grin, before preparing what might possibly be his final remark to the amazing girl.

"I hope I will see young again, Ms Parr."

She smiled agreeably, appreciating his remain in a polite status - and respecting it, too.

"Call me Violet... Akai," she replied casually.

Another nod, this time a heavier one.

"Goodbye... Violet."

With that, she descended down the stairs with the sun casting a shadowy silhouette from her outline.

In actuality, both members of the adorable friendship had yet to know the terrible fate they had cast themselves into.

Their troubles... had only just began.

(wboon…they can defeat the other threats…its just the “ones” they can’t. The plan is simple, to destroy the city use special weapons…now certain supers can defeat this weap on but a few cannot. Now the ones that can are the new generation supers who have the newest super powers. They must erase these groups before they become a threat to their plan. Wboon…what is your idea? I would like to see if we can compromise instead of bicker over the storyline…)

Flex had seen it all. The meeting, the akwardness, and the sunset. It looked safe but Flex didn’t know what to expect from it. He would need more time and of cource a better lunch then what the hot dog stand offered.

(Yes, but from so many action dramas I’ve watched, it’s always the minor details that compromised their master plans. However, logically speaking, you are right. It’s just that it does not seem… cruel enough. If we want a villain, we would want him - or her - to be sinister… no, inhumane, rather. So menacing that it would appall the very perception of even the boldest ruffian.

But yes, let’s work together. :slight_smile: My plan includes lots of contradicting love triangles, betrayal of friends and manipulation of minds. Basically, your psychological stuff. Just wait and see, my friend; from this day on, the days of the Supers shall be clouded with immense shadows.

insert maniacal laughter

Heh, sorry, I don’t have much to add to the story line from here; I’ll wait.)

(we can pm ideas with TSS and MasterWeaver about what the storyline should contain)

So inhuman huh?? I’m sure we can come up with something that will help calm your hunger for Human Flesh!!! HAHAHAH!!!

(Hah, very funny. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m just saying, I’m tired of corny villains; let’s make him - or her - more realistic this time. Robbing banks and killing Supers - whom weren’t very innocent to start with - just isn’t what the limit humans would go to. No, the human nature is much darker than what Pixar films failed to portray, an unfortunate fact very much in existence.

Of course, I couldn’t blame them, having those films as PG-13 in minimum. But, I’m just indicating that since most of us here are… somewhat mature audiences, might as well, huh? :wink:

And remember, not all endings involved the line ‘Happily ever after,’ especially true in reality. :wink: )

(I heard a great sci-fi idea from Arthur about 5 months ago…

two lab. professors were working late. They had just recieved a late shipment of rare species from the country of South America. These things were weird…
Well at about 9 one of the professors decided to go home. It was raining so he looked around for his umbrella. The other professor decided to finish the job instead. He was opening the last box when the other professor claimed he had found an umbrella and was about to leave. As the professor opened the case he realized that the creature wasn’t inside…all that was left was a stick-like inprint with a handle like imprint at the top. It almost looked like an umbrella design. :smiley:
He suddenly realized to his dismay that the other professor actually held a rare specimen from South America in his hand. But as he was about to tell his
assistant the professor heard the man step out into the rain. He rushed over to warm him but it was too late. The man had already opened the umbrella but what was inside scared him to death. All along the inside of the umbrella were suckers lined with sharp teeth. There had to be twenty of them all in all. At the handle was a light green emerald eye that seemed to be starring right at the man. the Umbrella shook violently and rose straight up but then dove right onto the man’s head covering him…

You can guess the rest…pretty scary huh?)

(No, but it was sure disturbing, Al-Bob. :confused: And I thought I was twisted. :stuck_out_tongue:

What I meant was not to be ‘scary,’ but to be emotional, dramatic, so much so that we can make people feel, make people really anguished after reading this but, at the same time, our magic worked successfully to keep their eyes glued to the text, anticipating to discover how the story would all turn out in the end, if the characters they feel for and love with their hearts would survive the treachery our villains have to offer; very cool stuff.

Gore and blood don’t make people feel; they make people squeal. :laughing: Rhymed. But yeah, tear people’s heart out with our story, that’s what I mean - not literally, of course! :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S.: You forgot the brackets.)

(Good…i was hoping we weren’t going to do something like that…that is rather disturbing…especially to be on kids public television.

Back to the topic-We could create a villian who wants to use the seperation of Tony and Violet as a good thing for him/her. That way he might be able to use Tony as a character in his plan.)

(Hey! Don’t leave out Akai! I’m planning to marry the couple… I meant, erm… DON’T TELL TSS! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ahem, anyway, yes, I did think about having conflicts made between Violet and Tony; rather big clashes, actually, but that’s getting ahead of ourselves. :wink: )

(Does anybody read my posts anymore? I did mention Violet’s so-called secret mission. And Blazestone’s mysterious resurrection. I’m throwing out plenty of plot hooks! Bite darn you!)

(Yes, Violet’s secret mission does sound… somewhat interesting, but I do hope it is much more meaningful than just another mission. I mean, if you want to see Invisigirl in action, any ordinary crime would do, no need for a big, blown out episode. However, if the mission does have her involved in some tremendously compelling drama, well, that’s far more intriguing than just adding another super villain to the collection.

As for Blaze’s resurrection, well, I’m sure bigger things can come from that. Heck, a huge team could be gathered with other presumably dead Supers, having them… ‘assembled,’ if you get what I mean. :wink:

I am Mr. Incredible. You think you are the only Super in the world?”

:laughing:)

(

I’m sorry, that’s her mission. Although I do thank you for the Blazestone comment…)

(Yes, I’m sorry I forgot about that. I did read through that, but it slipped my mind when I was planning on making the Incredibles story a little more touching and relatable.

Your idea seems to be very workable, Masterweaver, but I would like to create some more tension between Violet’s mother and her, just to make things more complicated. I really want to bring the state of the characters into such a manner that’s really the limit of morbidness, wherever we are to stop from reaching further.

As I said to Al-Bob through a PM, it sounds awful; I know, but just trust me with this - it will be an excellent story altogether.)

(I have no objection, but it’s meant to be spontaneous. In fact…)

Violet smiled as she shut the door to her room. True, she was going steady with Tony, but in case that didn’t work out Akai was a good backup.

Right. English.

She opened her book, A Brave New World, and began reading from where she had left off. Her mind wandered around and around and around…

“I just can’t focus.” She threw the book onto her desk and collapsed onto her bed.

What was it? The mission? The burden of grades? Dash’s little morning prank of hiding the milk? No… it was a combination of all those things.

And Tony. Somehow, she felt guilty.

But she shouldn’t feel guilty. They just talked.

Talking leads elsewhere. It starts young, Edna had said–

Edna was an old maid, and that was an old maid’s tale!

Still, Akai had somehow gotten her attention–

“Of course he did! He was freaking depressed!”

“I know, but… something bothers me about him.”

“Oh dear lord, this isn’t like that time you thought Sally could fly, is it?”

“That was third grade! I learned my lesson–”

“Akai is not a super. Deal with it.”

“I’m not going to–”

A sense of something stole over Violet. “Who, exactly, am I talking to?”

There was a pause. “Me… I… guess…”

Violet looked left. She looked right. she looked up, vaguely hoping somebody was there. She was alone.

“O…kay… who are you?”

“I’m Violet Parr.” The voice wavered slightly. “That’s right, isn’t it?”

“No, I’m Violet Parr.”

“Are you sure?”

“Positive.”

“Then… we’re both Violet Parr.” She sighed, and lied down on the floor.

Violet blinked. She could have sworn that the other Violet wasn’t there before.

“But… how?”

The girl on the floor smiled wryly. “One of us must have imagined the other.”

“Oh, god, I’m hallucinating?”

“Or I am.”

Violet sunk her head into her hands. “I did not ask for schizophrenia…”

(I’ll just work on Akai’s character for now, seeing as the others have Violet under good control.)

Bright sunny morning, another normal for the normal lives of the normal, non-Super citizens. What was a normal human in training to do? Since he was barely able to speak, he had no recollections of the origin of his powers, less how he was able to master them.

Being the new kid in school was not easy either, despite his rather stylish outfit. A denim jacket of Columbia blue put over his somewhat muscular (but not to the extent of being buffed) physique and pure white tee shirt seemed fairly fitting on newcomer. Though in normal circumstances, any teen would had matched the rugged coat with ripped pants, but he was neither that type of child in the least nor in the mood to throw his temper around. An ordinary set of Brandeis blue jeans would work just fine for him for his first day.

He was moody, especially with the whole issue of adapting to his new environment revolving round his mind; but he was no punk.

With his hands tucked into the two pockets by the top corners of his leggings, just below his belted waist, he swept his pair of Russel brown Converse sneakers across the unkempt flooring of the hallway, stacked in between by onlooking parties of immature seniors and the whatnot.

He was always fonded by athletic footwear; sneakers, most of all. Be it that they defined the confidence of any or that they provided comfort for the constant runners, they still made Akai Tanner one sleek of a new student in Western View Junior High, though, of course, that was never his intention.

“Tch,” he snuffed at the murmuring crowd littering every locker he passed, some of them rusty and losing their paint-job.

After finally reaching the mahogany wooden door where his class laid beyond, and successfully penetrating the mass of mockeries and the like, he gave the people one final look, sending the frightened crowd into retracting back to their daily lives. It was a short look, one he gave preceding his rotation of the door knob beneath, but it was enough to leave the newbie a good impression of how the student body worked.

“Sorry, Mrs. Hasegawa, I’m late. Akai Tanner, reporting.”

[Wow, I’m getting really confused with this story. Would anyone be so kind as to summerize everything that has happened so far?]

[we are trying to figure out the direction the story is going but Wboon already has his version planned out so this is going to be really hard to piece together but i’m sure we’ll make it over. Hopefully…]

(lol If I had it all planned out, why did I still want to wait for you guys to post? I could had taken over the entire thread if I can. :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, I don’t have much planned out yet. :wink: )