Hotel Transylvania (2012)

Sorry for double-posting, but how do you assume that? I saw nothing wrong with the trailer. I think it looks like a good film.

Like a lot of people, I was depressed when I found out the legendary Tartakovsky is now directing an Adam Sandler & Co. comedy, right off the back of his production company winnning every single Razzy award for the year 2012. I mean Genndy Tartakovsky might be my favorite animator of all time. Dexter’s Lab defines classic Cartoon Network, Samurai Jack is the most amazing piece of animated storytelling I’ve ever seen on television, the underrated Sym-Bionic Titan is really deep, Star Wars: Clone Wars is better than the three prequels combined, and Powerpuff Girls is one of my favorite shows with its social commentary and genius irony (deal with it TDIT)

The trailer is full of what can be expected from Adam Sandler, but I was blown away. The storyboarding is truly evident in specific scenes from the trailer, the characters are all formed well, and it just has that Genndy feel to it, where the camera movements are very subtle and precise, and the real star of the show are the characters and the animation.

It’s obvious this film will most likely be a critical and commercial failure, but I’ll still see it in a heartbeat for “The Man” himself.

Ok…what? Not trying to be rude or anything, but can someone explain to me what simalarities this film has to any other Adam Sandler film? I saw nothing wrong with it at all!

While I do admit that the character designs are cool, it just doesn’t appeal to me.

I, on the contrary, find the character design uninspired.

Well then, how about we wait for another trailer before we start judging it. I mean, that didnt even explain the plot. Some movies have bad trailers but end up great. :slight_smile:

No, of course the film may still be pretty good, but I’m just judging the two things I’ve see: the trailer as a that, a trailer, and the character’s design.

I guess so… just not a fan of Sandler. But, since this isn’t from his studio, it could be fun and decent.

One thing that can be noted is that the writers are experienced with the two Open Season sequels.

Apparently Open Season had two sequels.
:neutral_face:

It’s tempting to suggest that this more fleshed-out trailer is an improvement…

hollywoodreporter.com/video/ … ler-316636

…but there is that toilet humor. Oh, well…

Its just one joke. Im sure that the rest of the movie will be better than that. Other than that, i think it looks pretty good. :slight_smile:

I love the way they’re incorporating a very solid, bold style of movement in this. It’s very reminiscent of Tartakovsky’s shows; limited animation, but big poses. It’s a bit like what Meatballs leaned towards, and I like it here. Not sure about the story or jokes yet, but it has potential.

Agreed, the style looks very good. Based on various unsubstantiated comments over at the TAG Blog, it could be that Adam Sandler has influenced the film’s approach. We’ll have to see how much Tartakovsky and how much Sandler informs the end result. Looking forward to it, willing to give it a fair shake…

Sounds kinda interesting, mainly because I’m interested how Genndy would do.

youtube.com/watch?v=MGpioW_XlKY

This looks like a LOT of fun! And pretty funny as well! It’ll probably be the only Adam Sandler movie I can enjoy.

Admittedly, this could be a good film.

This trailer bought me.

This trailer is far superior to the rather quick and disappointing first trailer we got. I’m still not that crazy about the star stubbed cast, but I’m kind of looking forward to this film now. The story seems alright for the most part, but I hope they pull off this “child wants to leave from their protective parent” type plot.

The new HT trailer played before Brave, and it’s definitely looking more and more like a movie worth waiting for. Some concerns about the Tartakovsky/Sandler balance remain, but it looks like things are in good shape with the Sony crew. It was good to have a look/listen at Mavis, as she’s rather important to the proceedings. Looking forward to it!

I saw the preview for this. Since it has Steve Buscemi, I’ll watch it for sure.

But, I’m a little disappointed about something.

[spoil]As soon as I saw the young guy come in, I can predict a mile away that he’ll end up with the daughter. Oh brother. :unamused:[/spoil]

I’m actually really excited for this. I love vampire/monster spoofs! "And if a human tries to harm you, I’ll tell him- roars with monstrous face “…because you’re daddy’s girl.” Haha, what a dad.
This looks like a fun movie. The human guy seems annoying though. I guess that’s the point- it’s from the dad’s point of view, isn’t it? :confused: