Happy 1st Anniversary WALL•E

And here we are, already 6 years since the masterpiece’s premiere. I haven’t visited here but every few months anymore, not like the good old glory days. The only contribution I can make on this occasion is that I’ve got large parts of 7 movie script that I’ve been working on for the past few years, and 4 of them are relatively done. Not a stitch has been put down on paper for 3 of the others, one of which is about our Tonka truck-like friend. It’s all in the head, a script with acts 1 and 2 virtually done, with considerable work to go on acts 3-5. But the ending is finished, and it’s a better ending than A. Stanton’s. However nothing can beat the first act of Wall-E.

Some people here, early on, had criticized the ending of Wall-E, lovey-dovey. Considering the target market, it was probably best that it turned out that way, the first act was rather bold, but it had a ‘happily ever after’ ending.

Aw man, I missed it. :frowning:

I wonder if Pixar remembers or does anything special on their movie anniversaries. I hope they do. Sometimes it feels like they forget amazing movies like this one.

It’s still in my ‘top 10 favorite movies EVER!’ :slight_smile:

Quite possibly Pixar’s best (well, either WALL-E or Toy Story 2 - it depends on my mood). :slight_smile:

10 years.

I haven’t viewed the movie in 4-5 years, :blush: waiting for a special occasion. In the meantime, the other Wall-E forum closed down, sadly, not enough activity. This overall forum too seems to have peaked during the heyday trilogy of great Pixar movies, 2007-2009. I haven’t posted here in 4 years, and rarely visit. There has been so little activity that there isn’t much to say…

But elsewhere there are smidgins of hope: ew.com/movies/2018/06/27/wall-e- … versation/
Also at the same website, this: ew.com/movies/2018/06/27/wall-e- … llo-dolly/
This interview is really, really good, considering 10 years have passed. It’s all stuff we’ve never seen before.

And there is more!: meaww.com/10-years-of-pixar-wal … liant-film
and telegraphindia.com/entertai … the-240431
and this one, which goes in deeper than most and has original material I haven’t seen:
tor.com/2018/06/27/celebrat … er-of-art/
and thenationalstudent.com/Film/ … _ever.html
and dotandline.net/wall-e-anniversary-7598e9771b57

And here at this website is still more: pixarplanet.com/blog/walle-turn … ar-movies/

And for those very interested in seeing latest merchandise, ToysRUs in the United States seems to be going
out of business. It’s $5B expansion cost was never going to get paid off. Many toy brands will be severely
impacted. You could find significant amounts of Wall-E stuff up until just a few years ago.