Gustaue’s: A Disney Metaphor?

Good point. Maybe Colette’s lines where winking at Disney. Walt often did unexpected things, like Fantasia, which you mentioned. After he died, it seemed a lot of people thought “It was his job to do something unexpected. It is our job to follow the recipe.”

EVIDENCE:

See? AAAAAAAAA! This is gonna be as popular as…The Adventures of Milo and Otis! ROFLOL XDDD

Also, think about this quote from Monsters, Inc.:

This reminded me of Eisner, Eisner, Eisnerrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Makes sense…that’s a good point. But Linguini (it was actually Remy) still did something unexpected, in a way. Like a whole new turn on the way things work. When Gusteau’s was out of business, they started a whole new one. So could that also mean something… :question:

Oh my god A113, that looks soooooooo bad!!! ahaha, I’d probably go see it just because it looks that bad though.

but then you’ll be putting money in their pocket for a bad movie.

Not to get off-topic, but…

You watch your language. That was a great movie. :stuck_out_tongue:

– Mitch

Most likely because they were already in production, and it didn’t make sense to kill them after spending so much money. Keep in mind that these movies take years to produceand would have started well before the merger.

The previews for Bolt actually look OK. If it was truly bad, Ed Catmull and John Lasseter would have stepped in and had them rework the story much like they did with several of the Pixar films.

I agree…I actually liked that movie…even though it has been a while since I last saw it. :smiley:

But that Chihuahua movie looks horrible…Disney is going downhill, but hopefully it’ll pick up with “Up” and “The Frog Princess”.

A113, you are right. That quote really is very Eisner…a friend of mine called it “Hurricane Eisner” when he was in charge, though I know it’s a pretty popular trm now.

Who’s the head of Disney now? Is it Lassater, or am I completly dumb?

-Kim

Well, Disney has been going downhill because of Eisner (and other factors) for the last decade. Anyways, Disney’s new CEO is Bob Iger (since 2006) which is really helping Disney. Ed Catmull is president of Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios. John Lasseter is the Chief Creative Officer for the afformentioned studios and he has big input in Imagineering. Steve Jobs is also Disney’s biggest shareholder (at 11% I think) and is on the Disney board.
Hopefully this kind of leadership will bring Disney back to it’s former glory, and I really think it can.

Oh wow…where have I been? Well, things seem to be going well since 2006 and with this team, you may be right about them being able to retsore Disney glory. Thanks for the info Martini!

-Kim

I am so glad that this thread exists, as i was just about to make one myself.

I was watching ratatouille last year when the exact same thought struck me, that the movie was partly a metaphor for disney animation, as well as pixar.

I even made a blog about it when i was bored one night! Rather than just babble on about the same thing, i’ll just quote my own blog. It’s a bit long and does stray away from ratatouille slightly…for which i can only apologize.

Eesh…I sure can ramble about a whole lot of nothing.

But this is a great thread and i’m glad that other people have though of the metaphor! :slight_smile:

That’s very interesting, Mark-E! You’ve clearly thought this through. And I like the comparison you made between The Little Mermaid and Snow White to show that although two films can be very different, they can have the same feel, and that’s what Lasseter does.

Well, thank you very much!

Of course, me thinking about it so much says a lot about how much free time i have.

Well it definitely has a good meaning behind it, if it is a disney metaphor then it was an unconcious on, there is no way Disney would have Pixar ‘Diss’ them in one of their own films.

Does anyone think Epic Mickey is Disney trying to do something “unexpected?” It is pretty unusual for the character to be in something this dark these days, and it looks friggin awesome. Dang, Disney is on a role this year!

I do sense the beginning of the second Disney Renaissance, and maybe even better then the last!

Rac_Rules: Hmm, you’re onto something…maybe this really is one of the unexpected things we were waiting for!

This Gusteau’s : Disney metaphor comparison gets more and more into my head. Now I dont’ think I can go through watching Ratatouille without the need to tell that comparison to someone, even if they’ve heard it from me before. It’s just so good of a comparison!

I am glad that I am not the only one who noticed this. It dawned on me as I left the theater after seeing Ratatouille for the first time. The reason I am sure that Gusteau’s is a metaphor for Disney is that it was during the same week as Ratatouille’s initial release that Disney announced that they were going to stop producing direct-to-DVD sequels of their animated movies–that was to much of a parallel for me. From there it is easy enough to draw parallels throughout the movie to the history of Pixar and Disney.

Eh, clever.

Nice metaphor, although I admit I like Meet the Robinsons–but that’s it…and some other one. :-\ Other than that, curse Michael/Skinner and his microwave-meals.

hope he would have been in real in that movie!