Graphics by the infamous -red-

Mitch: Thanks! :smiley: Those are my faves too, actually - and they were probably the most fun to make. :wink:

JSWC: Awww, I’m so glad I was able to make you laugh! :smiley: I haven’t made “funny” graphics in a while… man, I need to kick the humor back up again… :confused:

little chef

Hill-lay-rye-ous sigs, as usual, little_chef! My fave’s the last one… I might consider wearing it in the future…

I’d love that, TDIT! :smiley: My poor graphics never get used anymore… it’s always a treat when someone decides to use one of my creations. :slight_smile:

Speaking of which, I should really get back into designing these things… as a result of school, I’ve been right out straight and it feels like my creativity has been completely shut off. Now that I’m done that semester and have a break this week (no babysitting, either!), I might be able to come up with a bit of stuff. :wink:

little chef

Hey little_chef… I was wondering if it would be alright with you if I used one of your siggy’s. I’ve been looking for a new one (since I’ve had this one since January of 09 :laughing: ), and I really like the “I’m here to honor you one”. So yeah, I’m sure you won’t mind, but still, obviously I should ask first. :wink:

Sure, go ahead, baby! :slight_smile: I would love that!

little chef

Thanks! Just changed it! I love it! :slight_smile:

Some new magic whipped up in Photoshop today! :smiley: (All of these are Ratatouille… for some reason I was on a kick with it this afternoon.) I experimented a lot with different effects, and I’m pretty proud of the results. :wink:

little chef

Nice series of Ratatouille graphics for a change! I like your versatility and how you keep experimenting with Photoshop effects. I tend to stick to the usual masking and compositing business… :frowning:

Anyway, my favourite sig’s the last one of the ‘disembodied hand’. Your current avatar’s my favourite cos’ of the hand-drawn heart (or is it a Clip-art?).

How did you do those ‘glowy’ spots, like in Avatar 1 and Sig 2 (I feel I’ve asked this before… :blush: ), and the light-trails, like in Avatar 2, 3, 4 and Sig 1?

Keep it up, I’m seriously in envy of your Photoshop skillz… :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you! I had a feeling you’d enjoy these. :wink:

Yes, it is a hand-drawn heart - I love my tablet! :smiley: It makes adding little touches like that so much easier. The glowing spots are actually pretty easy. What I did was under a new layer above what I’m working on, I use a regular brush at maybe 50px or so, hardness @ 0, then under brush settings I click “scattering” and move the scatter slider over until it looks like the bubbles are dispersed well. I set the color to plain white, drag it across the image until I have a good amount of light bubbles, then set the blending of the entire layer to something like soft light or overlay (the latter seems to work best for me).

Kind of the same idea for the light trails… I draw in a bunch of pretty lines everywhere, then adjust the blending until it looks good. Sometimes I add a bit of Gaussian blur to it so they’re not so harsh-looking, or adjust the master opacity to blend it with the overall image. For some of these lines, I drew them all over the place then used the Radial Blur tool, and got some really sweet-looking swirls, as you can see faintly in Avvie 4. :slight_smile:

Another thing that gives images a good touch, and what I did for Avvies 1 and 4 and Sig 2, was making a new layer with a multi-colored gradient in it. Then I set the blend to “Color”, and there you have a really nice-looking wave of color in your image. I pretty much abuse the diffuse glow filter half the time to get my stuff to look soft and shiny. :laughing:

Overlaying random textures to your image can give it a really cool look as well (Avvies 2 and 3 and Sig 1). Try snagging images like Victorian wallpaper or stucco walls to have on hand - they make for great, grungy textures. :wink:

Hope that helped, and maybe gave you a few ideas as well! :smiley:

little chef

They’re all so funny! Especially the one about Colette and the one about Linguini’s FLOATING HAND!!! :laughing:

Wow, little_chef! I have to say that I think you’re getting better at Photoshop! I really like the PMSing one and of course the disembodied hand :laughing: Totally made me laugh when I saw those!

I was wondering…are you going to do any promo sigs for Define: Destiny, by any chance?

I might once I get the next chapter going… it’s been kinda hard to think up stuff since it deals with ALL the characters from the movie being humans. My best bet would be to draw something out, but I’m not all that sold on having to draw something just for a promo sig… I’ve got a bunch of other artwork obligations pressing as it is. D:

If I can come up with something using screenshots from WALL•E, I’ll go with that instead. :wink:

little chef

I was thinking you could do that, and maybe you could use the humanizations from your WALL•E character montage you did earlier, and somehow juxtapose each robots with their human equivalent, but have them (the humans) faded a little in the background.

Great graphics, little chef! I love them! I especially like the one of the Ratatouille menu. Keep up the great work :slight_smile: !

your new ones look really nice red! :slight_smile:

Very amusing! I too especially like those last too. There are so many ways you could take that hand one!

Ha-ha!! The last one… The “start here” avatar is great, too. :laughing:

I swear, you’re hilarious, red. I love your sense of humor! :mrgreen:

– Mitch

P.S. By the way, your current avatar is awesome!

Violet: Thank you! That’s my sister’s favorite, too. She especially likes the way the textures look. :wink:

woody: Thank you very much! It’s been a while since I’ve seen you around, welcome back to the boards! :smiley:

lennonluvr9: Aww man, I know, right? :laughing: I’ve had that idea in mind for almost a year and just never got around to making it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mitch: Haaa, I knew you’d like those. :laughing: And aww, shucks. They’re not really that funny this time. I swear I need to kick up the humor in these…

Thanks! I happen to love my avatar a LOT. <3

little chef

red - Oh yeah, I always love your graphics, red.

Bah. No worries. I think you’re still funny! It’s me who needs to kick up the antics. I haven’t been high on the humor lately, much less made any graphics period over the course of… several months.

You’re welcome! I like it, too.

Keep up the great work, red! :smiley:

– Mitch