General fanfiction/fanart trends you are tired of

Racrules, Hey, it sounds okay to me, as long as the mother does maintain some care for her daughter it sounds fine, and I think I read that story and liked it. And also it WOULD be something a mother might find difficult on some level. As lon as it remains fair to the mother- have at it.

About the only angst I give my version of Boo is that she is distant from her parents, but that’s partially her own fault. In terms of MAJOR angst, I intend to make it that they had to move because due to Boo’s disappearance of 24 hours the parents were suspected of foul play, and while found not guilty, their reputation was in tatters and suspicion was rife. I hope to make it realistic but I have major editions to do (I look at some of my older work and honestly CRINGE at it)

Honestly, I do see people viewing Boo as weird- my version just doesn’t care that people see her like that way, she kind of enjoys it, because she just sees weird as another word for interesting so she just laughs along with jokes at her expense. Very frustrating and completely throws people. If a person was to tease her about it she’d simply laugh, but she’d probably be friends with you once you calm down. She’s like that. Your version is different- she DOES care, which is fine too. I just had her have that view though because she ALSo has friends in the know, so you can account for the difference. She has confidence from that- she’s not alone, so she eventually rubs off on even abrasive people sometimes.

But I don’t get how the parents could be abusive in any way, as mentioned. Nor could I ever see Boo as a drug addict. My Boo? Pfft, she’s high on life. (But some angst of course, she beats herself a lot over failing others and as mentioned I make her a liar/easily manipulated in terms of wanting to help people so badly).

I want to read some of her playful side from you too.

Badger It really depends on how you go about revenge, it has to be realistic and not seem like the antagonist is shooting themselves in the foot/being REALLY stupid. Most of Pixar’s antagonists have brains. I can see it for Syndrome though all the same that version (acting that way), but he’s just one big walking cliche for me in some respects. Syndrome… bothers me. I don’t HATE him but I’m not sure he deserves the following he has.

The desire for revenge is a lot more complicated usually however than most Pixar fanfic writers make it out to be. It’s a BAD thing, but it’s usually not a black-and-white issue, and everyone has had that desire. Most of us don’t however act on every urge of this- if not for morality then practicality reasons if you get me. At least when it’s not in the heat of the moment/RIGHT in the after math/they are suicidal in the case of crazy almost self-masoshistic revenge which is unfortunatly very common in the fandom it seems. And if they ARE the latter version, you have to really tug at people’s heartstrings then in order to make it realistic, because how awful must their situation really be? Make it real. Show their side. Make people CARE about him/her even if what they are doing is wrong. While I generally prefer protaganists, what interests me most is generally their relationship with the anatagonists.

In other words- if parody is not what you are going for, think it out. Does it make sense? The antagonist probably would have too on some level if some time has passed. Plus is there anyway to make it different and have a fresh twist? You can’t just have it a black-and-white thing in the end. The antagonists feelings must seem justified on some level it can’t be a moustach twirler moment. It’s not exactly… Pixar.

(Unless it’s Syndrome, but even that’s pushing it a bit sometimes from what I see.)

thedriveintheatre I REALLY don’t get the cars thing, it just doesn’t sound like something that could be considered ‘hot’ and it just sounds bizarre- in terms of that sort of thing, humans and/or humanoid aliens please, it’s not really the same area as Cars. After some time to think, perhaps it’s not QUITE as bad as the Lion King level though of that sort of thing, though all the same it’s a lot more bizarre for various reasons.

mentalguru: Fairy 'nuff. I also prefer the ‘chaste’ relationships depicted in the movie, but Pixar was sort of ‘asking for it’ when they created the Cars world. At least Blue Sky explained it by the ‘mail-order, self-assembly’ method in Robots. And there was that hinted sexuality element with Lightning trying to woo the Miatas or Sally. So with lots of free time and a wandering mind, naturally some fans would ponder the possibilities and craft fanfics around them. I don’t necessarily ‘buy’ the concept, but as I said, I admire their imagination and daring-do. Besides, the idea of cars rolling off the assembly line in the Cars world needs a lot more explaining (Who controls the machines?), if you ask me.

I’m a lot more comfortable with the idea of cars in the Cars world reproducing, than Wall-E and Eve (who were never meant to be sexual in the first place). Now the latter, just annoys me and taints my wonderful memories of the movie. :angry:

Is anyone else annoyed with ‘Son of Wall-E x Eve’ fanfics?

Thanks for understanding about it.

Yeah, it’s kind of why I’m terrified even to click on the WALL-E section of that area, I mean their love is so… innocent and adorable.

IWALL-E as mentioned has been like that for 700 years, he’s not a human, he’s not really going to 'grow up’as it were.

I’m aware some people don’t care for some characters being ‘humanised’ sometimes it can be interesting in some ways though (Have read some very short things and seen some good pictures in the Monsters Inc fandom), though of course some people don’t like that.

I don’t mind it so much for WALL-E though myself, in some cases it can work.

Granted a complete cop out would be having a Monster-Human relationship and turning either one of the characters into a monster or a human in the end. Feels a bit like a cop-out.

Not to say there can’t be interesting things in general even there, I mean a monster who was turned into a human and taken to the human world for the purposes of the STORY rather then a cop-out ending could be interesting due to the sociological views on humans which are probably STILL ingrained for most monsters (humans are ‘beneath’ them). The other way doesn’t seem as interesting really beyond the human freaking out a bit.

Very fantasy-ish, but eh.

Granted I recently had a weird dream where Randall was killed in that trailer and his guardian angel (well he wasn’t exactly an angel but not sure what else to call him), said because he messed up (and got yelled at by his supervisor) he was getting another chance… as a human. Because he didn’t have a body to go back to after what happened either.

It was kind of weird though because the ‘angel’ didn’t look like a monster, but a human, and Randall NEVER questioned that.

Plus. The supervisor looked like Sulley. For no reason at all.

(Messed up indeed).

I kind of doubt I’d write anything on it though. :confused:

I have such weird dreams sometimes.

When it comes to kids, I more see WALL-E having some fun with the human kids as they grow up.

(That would be pretty cute actually).

I get sick when I read The Incredibles fanfics where Bob and Helen cheat on eachother.

I’ve actually read a few that are pretty intresting IncredigirlVirginia.

TSS: Ooh, could you PM me some examples? I’m very interested in revenge/betrayal motifs, and need some ideas for an upcoming Pixar fanfic. wink, wink :wink:

mentalguru: I find it especially difficult to humanize Wall-E characters because some of their behaviours were meant to be un-humanly possible. I can’t imagine a guy being left alone on a planet for 700 years, or why an additional human co-pilot would be needed when a computerized one can do, for example. Some artists and writers have worked around it (JustSoWalleCrazy and little_chef’s fanfics, for example), but I still find it a bit weird to get my head around it.

I understand your bit about monster-human relationships (for some reason it reminded me of Avatar), but I have yet to experience any fanfics, so I have no personal opinion on this. :slight_smile:

Ooh… Wall-E playing with the human kids sounds adorable! Why didn’t I think of that?

I am also a bit miffed by yaoi pairings. My first exposure, in fact, was by Lightning x Doc fanart. There’s probably a couple on Lightning x Mater, or Luigi x Guido.

Granted, most members would know my stance on the whole ‘gay rights’ issue by now, and I just happen to be a very unlucky-in-love hetero, but really, yaoi fanpieces just creep me out.

Again, I don’t know why. I shouldn’t be. But I am. I just don’t like it.

Maybe cos’ the characters were never meant to be that way from the movie. Unlike hetero fan pairings, it’s up to the viewer’s interpretation and largely based on actions established but never developed in the source. So, we know Lightning likes Sally for example, but whether they’re an item, that hasn’t been explored yet.

But for yaoi, there’s little to no indication of their inclination. Sarge never showed he was attracted to Flimore, for example. Maybe it’s because of that absence of proof that a greater creative license can be taken, but it just seems forced to me.

I mean, I saw a humanized yaoi fanart of HTTYD and it freaked me out. I don’t even want to think about it! Oh, the horror! :shake:

I tend to treat yaoi pairings like all other pairings myself- I’ll like some, not get others and perhaps be largely indifferent to most.

Of course, being pansexual, if it was just for ‘kinks’ I’d be more interested in het and yuri by default.

But then one of my main pairings outside of Pixar IS yaoi (Zukaang from Avatar: TLA, granted that’s more of a case because the creators more or less slammed our faces with it, the world being saved depends on them being friends and sometimes… Zuko makes it REALLY hard not to take things a certain way. Even though he has a girlfriend.)

But I don’t JUST ship yaoi/yuri. I’m not a slash shipper, just a shipper, and one or two of my ships happen to be same sex pairings. Most of my pairings are usually het in fact, it just worked out that way really. -Shrugs-

Personally I think all slash pairings should be treated the same as other fanon pairings- for me I sometimes take odd notions with characters and their orientations. For instance I view Randall as straight and can’t really see with a guy very easily. Sulley is straight in my mind but… not all that INTERESTED perhaps in the romantic area and may even be asexual and aromantic. Mirage as probably MOSTLY straight but has… experimented. (What?) Syndrome…

I think he might actually have a thing for guys as well as girls (mostly due to being SUCH a creepy fanboy to Mr.I. I don’t really WANT to see it either, though if you even suggested him liking guys too he’d throw a little pathetic hissy fit about it I’m guessing. Just seems like something he would do. He’s immature like that. Plus he’s twisted enough in my mind to be attracted to someone he might also see as a fatherly figure at the same time. I don’t WANT to see it that way though, but find it difficult not to.)

Granted I’m not sure I get the idea of two guys being ‘hot’, I primarily ship based on mental connections- and sometimes if the friendship or the potential for a friendship is good and I find the orientation believable I’ll ship if- but not even all the time then, (some things just feel brotherly/sisterly if you get my drift).

I’m rather vanilla. I don’t go for hate sex very much, though of course it happens in real life. I want love. But some love is platonic and shouldn’t be messed with.

For instance, even when Boo is an adult (obviously!) I don’t like Sulley/Boo…anatomy aside. it seems almost like emotional incest to me. Somethings are just meant to be platonic in my mind.

(Yet of course given the fact I have disturbing thoughts about Syndrome liking Mr.I in ‘that way’ and not just in the terms of a father figure. Which I repeat, I don’t want to see but find I cannot ‘unsee’ for some reason. It’s disturbing. Very disturbing. I DO NOT ship Mr.I/Syndrome. It’s just too twisted.)

On another note, I totally want to see a fic or a picture of WALL-E playing with human kids now. But I wonder what game would be good? The kids do need exercise after all, but what sport would be best?

WALL-E needs things changed for the human thing to work, but a co-pilot isn’t such a stretch, most planes have two pilots so…

The whole betrayal thing can probably be done well, but if it’s just “affairs are so HAWT!” you can expect me hitting the back button.

Very good points raised, mentalguru. I guess that’s how I feel, if there is the possibility for a yaoi/yuri/mixed species pairing, I’m all for it.

I’m all for the possibility of, say, Bolt x Mittens. It’s not a fringe opinion, there have been countless fanfics and fanarts of the cat and dog falling in love. And really, there have been hints of it being more than platonic friendship in the movie.

Or Po the Panda and Tigress. Or Susan and Dr Cockroach (though I think The Missing Link had more of a crush on her from his reactions). Or Blade Runner. Heck, even Mike and Celia (and that’s canon). That’s alright, because it’s been established that they have been more or less friends in that ‘world’, and that they are on the same love ‘field’ as any other potential suitors. Heck, most of Avatar was about a romance between a man and an alien!

To me, interspecies love between two sentient beings (so a love story between a jellyfish and a woman won’t fly with me, for instance) is sort of an allegory for interracial love, which I fully approve. The exception to this is if they are the evolutionary disparity is too far, so Barry and the florist from Bee Movie, for example is freaky. But Donkey x Dragon? Giggity-goo.

For another illustration, I disapprove of a Hiccup x Toothless match, for it’s just too ‘far out’ for me. There was nothing in the movie to suggest it was anything more than ‘A Boy and his X’ relationship. It’s like Black Beauty, Old Yeller or Lassie. A kid and his pet friend. To push it any further would be just blasphemy, IMHO.

Same with other platonic friendships. Lightning and Mater (Lightning actually likes Sally to begin with). Tulio and that blonde guy from El Dorado (Tulio has eyes for Chel). Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn (again, Harley has the hots for the Joker). They’re just best buds, and one of the pair usually already likes another person, so there’s no chance for the relationship to progress any further.

Sibling-type friendships are also a no-no for me. Woody x Jessie, uh-uh. Jessie and Buzz, oh yeah!

Father figure/mentor/idol relationships are very touchy. I know the whole ‘Socrates and his Greek students’ idea, but really, it’s just too creepy for me. There’s always a fine line to tread between admiration and infatuation, and for someone to romantically fall in love with his teacher smacks a bit too much like ‘To Sir With Love’ for me. It’s not on the same love ‘field’/playing level, although one can argue about the merits of teacher/student, boss/subordinate relationships.

The rule of thumb is, if it sounds good, it’s probably a great pairing. If you try to ‘stretch’ it to connect the dots, it’s probably a fringe/bad pairing. The ‘elasticity’ of this connectivity, this degree of separation and convergence is the whole tenet on which the argument of pairings is based on.

I really can’t think of any yaoi/yuri pairings that are actually plausible. Maybe I’ve not read enough fanfics or explored enough movies, so if anyone can suggest a great homo match, I’d be glad to consider it. For the moment, it just weirds me out.

Well, I didn’t mean that they weren’t interesting, or even well done. Iv’e read dozens, and I hate them. It’s an overdone concept, even past my initial hatred and sadness. I don’t see how you could pull an action like that from Bob’s character, and most definitley not Helen. Even during the midlife crisis portion of the movie, when Bob pretty much ignored her, Helen still seemed like the most faithful person, who would never do anything to hurt Bob or the kids. I just find deep disgust in that concept. I honestly don’t see anything amusing in aldultering and ruining your spouse’s life. Not cool.

Fringe pairings aren’t really a synonoym for ‘bad’ really in my opinion. Some pairings are unusual and there’s nothing wrong with that. Granted, this may be speaking a lot from the Avatar: TLA fandom.

Granted there are some I don’t like, the whole ‘evolutionary divide’ things is very apt actually. Sentients should be with sentients. If you get what I mean Yes, beastiality I am pretty happy to say: not my cup of tea.

I don’t dig that HTTYD ship you just gave. I have yet to see the movie (not to mention Avatar the movie, I just thought the icon was funny and even I get some Avatar movie jokes) but it does indeed more give the impression of being a ‘One boy and his X’ relationship in the trailers.

Also I do actually find the concept of Po X Tigress pretty humourous (though interesting! Have any recommendations for fics there?)

I have a (small) interest in the concept of Mirage X violet (she’s older obviously), simply because I read an interesting fanfic on it (though I also read one which wasn’t that interesting). Don’t look at me like that, it’s better than Synlet*! :laughing:

I think the thing about betrayal fics is it can be interested if done right. Not just affairs either but other betrayals too, what motivates this particular action? How does it occur? How do the characters deal with it if/when it comes to light?

Waternoose is a powerful antagonist because he had a father-son like relationship with Sulley and betrayed him when he got in his way for instance. Also is treatment of Randall kind of speaks volumes about how much he was hiding his ‘true self’ which is rather intriguing.

Honestly, I think the Synlet and Violet/Mirage pairings are creepy, but I don’t hate them like I hate Bob and Helen being separated. I don’t get the point of adultery fanfics. They scare me to an extent.

I personally don’t find the ship Violet/Mirage to be all that bad (since we’re talking obviously when she’s older) or that creepy at all and it’s definitly better then Synlet.

Perhaps because I’m not keen on pairing Violet with someone who is the closest thing Pixar has ever got to a sociopath (ie. Syndrome). Mirage is no sociopath, plus I am interested in knowing what happens to her afterward in the movie. Guess the ship just grew from that. I’ve heard talk of her working with the NSA which is an interesting idea.

Granted, (have I mentioned this), I also personally can’t stand ‘vendetta’ fics, you know when people increase a character’s bad points to the point of distraction simply because they don’t like them. I don’t even like it if I personally don’t like the character. (But believe me, calling Syndrome just south of sociopath is pretty accurate.)

Actually I may have already mentioned that elsewhere before (about vendetta fics). Ah well.

Still, Mirage’s PAST could be considered interesting, how long had she been working with Syndrome at that point? Had she simply never met a super who could change her mind before Mr.I? (Then again when she heard children were on the plane that seemed to be her moment of “oh ****” it seemed and perhaps when she first questioned it at all.)

You’re talking about ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ right? Because I can assure you, I’ve watched this movie and it’s nothing more than a ‘boy and his best friend who happens to be an animal’. At no point in the story did they suggest there was anything romantic or sexual in nature about Hiccup and Toothless’ relationship. In fact, Hiccup already has a potential love interest (which should be pretty obvious in the trailer) which should be good fanfic fodder. But I can’t speak on your behalf, so the best thing is to watch the film (if it’s still in cinemas) and tell me what you think…

But ‘Hiccup x Toothless’ is like ‘Penny x Bolt’, or ‘Oliver x Jenny’ (from Oliver and Company). It’s just wrong. :frowning:

EDIT I just reread your post, mentalguru, and I think you’re actually on my side (that Hiccup x Toothless pairing is just weird). Am I correct in saying this? I get confused with long posts sometimes… :stuck_out_tongue:

As for betrayal/revenge fics, yeah, whatever you just said. On a personal note, my favourite James Bond films for each Bond post-Moore happen to be betrayal stories.

Timothy Dalton - License to Kill
Pierce Brosnan - Goldeneye
Daniel Craig - Casino Royale

I like a couple of others like ‘Kill Bill’, ‘Payback’ and ‘Death Proof’. Also, one of my fave titles in the Alex Rider junior spy series is ‘Scorpia’, which also has a vengeance motif.

Violet/Mirage pairing? They barely had any contact in the movie, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, that probably gives the fanfic writer more creative license anyway.

Syndrome/Violet is just wrong. How can anyone fall in love with the man who tried to kill you and your family? It is possible (Joker x Harley Quinn?), but very unlikely.

I’m more interested in the Syndrome/Mirage relationship hinted at in the movie, but that’s for another thread. :slight_smile:

I get really tired of humanizations. The stories/drawings themselves are really good, but not on a character that’s already had a great movie where they’re not a human.
And WALL-E playing with human kids would be sooo cute. I would do it, unless someone else has. I’m already having some ideas just thinking about it.

I say go for it skunklover. I haven’t seen it done myself, and it’s a plot bunny I don’t feel I have the time to do myself. It would just be really cute seeing WALL-E interact with human kids IMO. There’s also a potential for some light hearted humour there as well. :slight_smile:

In regards Synlet, my problems less relate to their past (the fact he tried to kill them), since Mirage did indeed play her part in that, but actually more of the fact as mentioned Syndrome is one of the closest things Pixar has to a sociopath. Mirage is not. Those kind of people are difficult to pair up at the best of times (and as mentioned I prefer there to be… actual love in my pairings, though I concede to Mirage/Syndrome being canon of course). I mean it could be argued that we’re ALL a little strange in our own way, but none of us are sociopaths here (…I hope?). What I mean to say is a DIRECT full use sociopath example would be Voldemort from Harry Potter, or the Joker as mentioned (actually he’s more of a psycopath, but it’s a similar problem I can have with pairings involving them). Syndrome isn’t QUITE there but he’s not that far off and that’s because he’s never it seems had to depend on someone for a paycheck in a normal job, (also elsewhere I’ve discussed about thepossibility the only person he ever perhaps depended upon was some mentor who could use his sociopathic tendancies as an advantage in cutthroat arms business) , and I really can’t see Violet with such a character. I don’t like the idea of Violet being with a sociopath, therefore, I don’t ship Synlet.

Mirage can handle herself in his regard and doesn’t let him push her around that much it seems, even if I’m not keen on sociopath ships. It’s just really difficult to pair sociopathic characters (or close to it) with people at all.

And I actually disliked Joker/Harley. Oh I concede that it’s canon, but I quite like Harley and wasn’t really sure she could handle herself, especially in the beginning. She got better as time wore on in that regard, but still I wasn’t completely happy. I just feel sorry for her. I just want her to run off with Ivy her BFF if she wants/ ‘needs’ to maintain a life of crime (which I sort of do ship as well… sorry. But actually creators have stated I believe you can take it either way, as romantic or platonic. Which I kind of do too- I can see it in either capacity myself.)

Honestly though, I’m not sure how much I care for sociopathic/psycopathic villains or antagonists. Waternoose* isn’t even on the same level as Syndrome but he does have SOME of those tendancies. But he’s not completely at that level either, and he’s still effective because of his relationship with the protaganist (Sulley).

However the most effective antagonists for me (as a protaganist fan) are those which you could see being YOU under different circumstances, or possibly people you know, or those you can draw parallels to the protaganist to. Bonus points if they had a friendship or a formerly positive relationship with the protaganist! (When I like a character, which is usually the protaganist I sometimes have a nasty habit of wanting them to suffer before I give a happy ending.)

(I also kind of feel I was the only person excited in the Dark Knight about Two Face rather than Joker but ah well. I did like Two-Face in many respects, though I was slightly disappointed they didn’t have them closer friends to Bruce in the movie. Ah well. The relationship with the persona of BATMAN was good though. Really good.)

*(That said, because of Archibald and his comics, Roz/Waternoose sort of now makes (albeit bizarre) sense to me. XD)

Yay! Ok, so I’ve got part of the first chapter written down. I have a basic plot written down for chapters 1 and 2. It’s not going to be a one big story where they have problems and stuff, just little adventures WALL-E has with the kids. EVE and M-O and all them won’t be left out.(M-O isn’t in it yet though, but I have a really good plan.) I will do my ultimate best not to ruin it. It’s going to be a while before I get it posted because it takes me 1&1/2hours just to write 5 sentences.XD And all ages can read it. :smiley:
This is so exciting!

I must say for me, the most annoying thing is that sometimes I think the fandom is just desperate for fluff and romance, even from characters that are better off as just friends or something. (I only like fluff if it’s a creative, impressive crossover romance or if we already know the characters as a couple.) I’ve seen so many of Wizards of Wavery Place with Alex x Justin??? What the heck? They’re brother and sister for crying out loud! I’ve read some people say that it’s obvious they have a thing for each other on TV- oh really? I watch that show sometimes, seen a majority of the episodes, and there’s none of that, ok. Yuk, just yuk.

Also, for Meet the Robinsons, Wilbur x Lewis??? Again, what the heck? I feel like facepalming at such a thing. Young Lewis and Wilbur are friends, and older Lewis is Wilbur’s father. Slash within incest? How would that work out- father and son relationship here!

I agree! Also like Beauty & the Beast was a good one. :wink:

I’ve seen some Lilo x Stitch stuff that gets annoying. They’re already family, in a sense! Well it’s not like blood-related so it ain’t incest or anything, but still. First of all, an alien with a little girl- I highly doubt there’s romance. Second, there are no hints of romance between them in any of their movies or episodes and stuff. Yes, they love each other, but to Lilo, Stitch is a pet/friend/brother all in one. And besides, Stitch has already got a romantic interest, his “cousin” Angel. (Cousin isn’t literal, so it’s not incest, don’t worry). And Lilo has got a crush on this older boy named Keoni (which is kind of annoying to me and I don’t like, but it’s ok since he’s just a side story I guess).
Yes, Lilo and Stitch are more than friends, in a sense, but not in a romantical one. They are more than friends because they are family.

Oh yeah, and I’m not sure if this is popular, but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen The Fox and the Hound fanfics with Tod x Copper. Well first of all, Tod already has a love interest, Vixey. Second, a strong friendship doesn’t always have to point down the romance road! So they promised to be friends forever, so they were loyal to their friendship, so they care about each other, so they saved each other’s lives…so that means they’re in love? :unamused: Stereotypes. Really!
So I suppose the only way to care about someone is if you want to kiss them? Riiiiiiight.

And I’m sorry for any Wybie x Coraline fans out there (well this is better than the other ones I mentioned above, though), but I am getting seriously annoyed at that coupling. Now this one I can’t really argue against that much, except that they don’t show romantic interests toward each other at all in the movie. If they wanna have some fluff about when they’re older, I guess that’s fine cause it is possible. And crushes are realistic. But it’s just that- so they saved each other’s lives, they’re instantly “obviously” in love- kind of sense, that they’re immediately for each other, that doesn’t fly with me. So I suppose if a new neighbor moved in your neighborhood and you saved his/her life when they were being attacked, means you love them already. Then that means if you don’t want to kiss him/her, then you let them die. Pff. Sure. :unamused:
Besides, it’s a lot easier to enjoy their friendships than their fluff on fanfiction. It’s so weird…this doesn’t apply to all those fics, but a majority of them, from what I remember- when as friends, they’re more true to themselves and in character. When in love- they seemed to have changed character around each other and don’t feel that casual and comfortable around each other, except to lean on once in a while. Isn’t that ironic?

Well that’s my opinion. I know this kind of coupling is accepted by many. I’m one of those strange ones, I guess, that would like a comfortable just good friendship fic for a change.

Yeah me too. I’ve never been a fan of humanizations. I’m not knocking people who like that, but I prefer them as they are, be it car, robot, or whatever. I also never understood turning characters into dogs or cats or horses either.

I kinda think that way too. I had the HARDEST time really understanding inter-species relationships, ESPECIALLY the ones made by the fandom. Usually, if they’re canon and really truely make sense, like DonkeyxDragon (and my Pixar favorite), and Beauty and the Beast. But when platonic friendships are completely demolished by fans thinking that it is romance and not “You’re my best friend and I love you” (what an addicting song XD ).

I hope that doesn’t exist in The Iron Giant O_O . Especially after Hogarth blatantly says “I love you” before [spoil]the Giant goes into space to stop the missile[/spoil]. I just…so desperately hope not.

As for my personal fanfiction dislikes, it would usually be “WHOxWHO!?” fanfiction and revenge stories. Especially after the villain is CLEARLY dead. Such as ABL fanfiction where Hopper is still alive. An eaten character is a DEAD character. Dead. Just dead. Dead as a fly born last month. Then, regarding humanization, I don’t like characters being turned into ANYTHING they’re not, especially humans/wolves/foxes/dogs/anything like that. They were perfectly fine the way they were. I admit being guilty of this when I was younger, but I was younger. Or just characters being totally out of character at that! And girls who have SUCH huge crushes on a character that they find some way to get rid of their girlfriend and put their Mary Sue and/or Self-Insert in to make all the pain go away. Why am I thinking of something that would happen in a Cars fanfiction?

And finally, when fanfiction chapters are REALLY short. Either you don’t have to scroll at all, or only scroll less than four times. Where’s the juice in the story? Where’s the effort?

And I have to agree to Jessie x Buzz. When it first came out, I thought Woody would start liking Jessie, but my mom said to me that Woody already liked Bo Peep and Jessie and Buzz were starting to like each other. I repeat with the scene where Buzz and Jessie met. “You’re a beautiful lady with a yarn full of hair…a head full of yarn…I’ll just go–” “Why arn’t you the SWEETEST space toy I’ve EVER met!?” =3= !

Usually, when I ship/pair, I do so depending on what the canon says and how I feel if their actions toward each other really work with my thoughts on relationships. MannyxGypsy, Wall*EXEVE, and CarlXEllie are all the ones that have really, truely clicked with me. Others I’ve seen have met my “Okay” standard, but those are the main three that I could annoy people with if I wanted.

Pooh’s Adventures in ______

Often people don’t use the idea to its full potential…and when you don’t, it means you’re not trying. It just means you want to be part of the trend.