Futurama

I just purchased Futurama: Bender’s Big Score , and am going to watch it tonight. I’ll see if I can give you guys a full review of the feature and a rating as well.

I love Futurama! <3

My favs are the first two seasons, though. The last two, not so much. I’m not sure if I’ll like the new season that’s coming out since Matt Groening doesn’t have a good reputation of letting sleeping dogs lie.

My favourite episodes are The Luck of Fryish and The Sting. The Tales of Interest ones are also really good, like when Leela becomes more impulsive.

Aside from the tragic episode about Fry’s dog that I cannot watch ever again, Futurama is pretty great. Even if Fry’s otherworldly sloppiness makes me cringe a little, and Zapp Brannigan’s uniform would be far longer if I had my way.

Let’s all have some cham-paggen and guack-a-mohl.

I love Futurama, and I can’t wait for the new seson. I hear Comedy Central will be airing Benders Big Score cut into three episodes, so I’m not going to buy it. I have seen the first ten minutes and it’s hilarious, I love the opening. As for my favorite episode it’s either the Slurm factory one, or the one with Lrrr.

Actually, you might want to buy it anyway. You won’t get to see a full-length (aka 20 min or so) episode of “Everybody Loves Hypnotoad” otherwise!

You know you want to buy it… :stuck_out_tongue:

For some reason I think Furturama on Comedy Central is going to disappoint me. I think they’re going to stray away from their normal comedy and go all offensive like Family Guy. Betrayed by another animated series! :cry:

Hello hello! This is my first post on the Pixarplanet Forums, so pardon my nervousness.

As for Futurama being on Comedy Central, I don’t think the station will push the writers to make any more raunchy material that what was originally intended. Futurama was aired on Fox (along with cringing Family Guy) and Family Guy has had a significant amount of creative freedom. On the interviews of Matt and co., they all say they would love to start their beloved Futurama back up, so I highly doubt they’ll let their baby get tainted by the likes of Comedy Central.

I’m not sure how true this is, but I dont think new episodes are going to be made. I’ve read that Comedy Central will eventually just air Bender’s Big Score, chopped up, as “new episodes”, which would be a shame since I’d love to see new Futurama as well. I got it off of http://www.gotfuturama.com so you can check it out and see what other people are saying about it. I dont mind it being on Comedy Central, although I do miss it on Adult Swim. That and Family Guy were the only things I watched on it.

This is true. “Bender’s Big Score” and the other three DVD movies will be cut up into parts and used as episodes for the Comedy Central airings, and additional scenes will be used to fill out the 22 minutes. This begs the decision: buy the movie, or just get the plot from Comedy Central, since it will have new material.

I say buy the movie. Who knows if the CC episodes will be resold as a season set (which would result in double-dipping, which is really lame), and this way you get special features as well, such as the episode of “Everybody Loves Hypnotoad” that I mentioned above, and a featurette focusing on the role of mathematics in the show (an article by Wired magazine mentions that the writing staff is probably one of the geekiest in television. You can find it here).

I love this show! Fry and Lila are the best. I like Bender too. :slight_smile: all are fun.

Yeah Fry and Leela are really cute together. I really like Farnsworth and Bender best. Although I can relate a lot to Kif as well. :slight_smile:

Just to let you all know, Comedy Central advertised yesterday that they are going to start showing the “new” episodes. March 23rd I think.

So, Comedy Central showed Bender’s Big Score yesterday. I liked it a lot for the most part. There was a lot of time travel and it reminded me of the parallel universe episode, so you really had to keep track of who was where. Many secondary characters from past episodes made an appearance. References are also made to past episodes, like the Roswell one. [spoil]Every one also finds out that Nibbler can talk. The ending kinda blew, for me. I wanted Fry & Leela to finally be together, and they were, but they werent. It’s little hard to explain. So that was a let down. Not to mention it sort of ends on a cliff-hanger, with the universe totally coming apart and all[/spoil]

I absolutely adore Futurama! It’s my all time favorite show that was on Fox and the only other thing that rivaled it for me was The Simpsons (seasons 1-6). My favorite character is Bender Bending Rodriguez, which is one of the main reasons why I love robots so much. I didn’t build this but I am working on something currently very similar to this:

I wasnt sure whether I should start a new topic about this or not, but I just decided to resurrect this one. A new season (as in, actual new episodes, not movies reconstituted as episodes) is going to be on Comedy Central starting June 24 at 10 PM

“We’re back, baby!” - Bender Bending Rodriguez :smiley:

I like what I’ve seen, but I’m not allowed to watch :frowning:

I remember watching this on adult swim when I was 10, it was awesome and still is. My favorite character was Zoidberg, he was alway’s the best.

I like Futurama. I should watch more of it. I like The Simpsons better though.

This show is funny, and I like that it’s less profane than Family Guy(if you know what I mean.) I don’t really watch it anymore, and it’s not great, but it was funny.