ffdude1906's 50th Up Screening Spectacular!

Do you think they’re gonna like, invite you over or something? That’d be awesome. You’re famous now, ffdude1906!

Fingers crossed, ffdude1906

You should be proud of yourself ffdude. Look how your dedication and love for Pixar is paying off.

Very awesome, ffdude! I thought it was really cool how you included so many of the PP members in the vid. Very cool, and thaks for the mention.

Insanely awesome repsonse from Pixar, man. That is just so ridicuosuly cool that they tweeted you, and now it’s cricling the actual studio. Plus, someone asked how close you are to Emeryville? Insane. I can only imagine how much you ust be freaking out now. I can’t wait to see what else happeens with this vid. Way to go, fffdude.

I have to ask, how did the cake taste?

Haha, yes Doc, I am very much freaking out right now. I think I may have found a personal connection to one of the employees now, i.e. I have someone to guide me through this more or less. Might not, but maybe. This entire day has been mind-numbing, it’s incredible. I received an e-mail from an employee, he not only said the video was going around, but it was the talk of the studio. I’m losing my mind.

And by the way, the cake was delicious. Mmmmm,…

Pardon for the double post, but I got something in the mail today.

No, not my reply from Pete, still waiting on that. (as the video says, he’s a busy guy!) However, the gracious and kind Michael Frederickson (interesting he has a similar last name to Carl’s, hehe) took it upon himself to address me personally and sent me some Up swag directly from the studio (bought from the studio store!) Needless to say, I’m flattered, and euphoric. I knew it was coming, but it’s awesome now that it’s here.

First, the box. :smiley:
twitpic.com/lrj7s

Then, an awesome Up golden book (quick read, but very neat!)
twitpic.com/lrjfg

An Up metal flask (I thought these were UK exclusive! SWEET!
twitpic.com/lrk81

And, to top it all off, he was nice enough to include the bag from the studio store! This is really cool.
twitpic.com/lrlme

All in all, I’m incredibly pleased. He included a personal note as well (on Pixar-stamped paper!). It’s all very awesome, thought I’d share with all my Pixar buds on here! :wink:

Wow, ffdude1906! All I can say is I’m very jealous. It’s amazing just how thoughtful Michael Frederickson is! And yes, that’s a very interesting coincidence…:laughing:

Now that’s cool! Gotta love the folks at Pixar. :smiley:

wow, I’m jealous, but you deserve it…50 times… Great Job and cool news. :wink: Awesome video/statement as well.

Well, first off, the proof

twitpic.com/mc03j

I’m a bit ticked, as there’s only 47 stubs there, I managed to lose 3 of them. Very VERY uncool.

On the other hand, I had an interesting day today. Started out as a less than optimal tuesday, English class was fine, went home, napped, woke up, tried to finish homework frantically before class, to no avail, then sat through my awful linear algebra class, leaving in low spirits. I come home to find myself being followed by the great Lee Unkrich himself on twitter, and several hours later, find a message from him to me in my inbox.

It read:

“We need to reward you for 50 viewings of Up. Send me your email address.”

Shocked, I immediately reply. I go to work, come home, nothing. He messages me again, stating he didn’t get it, and he needs it. I send it again, thank goodness he messaged me again. Several minutes later, I find an foreboding email sitting in my inbox, addressed from “Lee Unkrich”. Gathering my courage, I open the message. He congratulated me on my feat, and said he’d be happy to send me 2 of 5 t-shirts (which he included photos of) in the mail.

It’s so incredible that the staff up there is taking the time to respond to me, and that they’ve even been sending me gifts and stuff. Having you guys along with me makes it a lot better as well, otherwise, I’d be a lonely nerd with no one to share this with. You all deserve the stuff I’ve been going through lately, it’s just awesome. Some of your fandom is just as big (if not a heck of a lot bigger) than mine, I think I was just someone who was actually willing to go out and throw it in Pixar’s face, and they were great enough to respond to it. Really though, it wouldn’t be the same without you guys to share it with.

Dude…that’s just…and with the Lee Unkrich!?..That’s like…wow.

Seriosuly, man, that is incredibly awesome. It is so very cool that the peopl there are taking the time to do this stuff for you, especailly people as big as Lee Unkrich. And, dude! Lee Unkrich personally messaged you? That’s awesome, you must have felt so awesome. Did he mention if Pete of anyone else has seen the vid? (Just thought I’d ask.)

Major congrats, ffdude. You took the initiative, and you’re getting rewarded for it. Don’t try and take anything away from yourself, man. :wink:

No, he didn’t say anything about Pete or anything like that, but he did say “WE” have to reward you, which is kind of daunting, and leaves me curious. I dunno,…

In regards to what happened last night, I finally got an email from Lee. He’s gonna be sending me 2 Up t-shirts from the studio store! Holy cow!

However, that’s chump change compared to what I got today.

My letter back from Pete Docter.

I’ll post the specifics in the Pixarian Letter thread,…
pixarplanet.com/forums/viewt … &start=270

But needless to say, I’m having an awesome day today.

Whoa! Congratulations! I’ll check out the other thread right away…

WOW! Just read the whole thread, so awesome! The folks at Pixar are so nice :smiley: ! And yeah, 50 viewings, that must be some kind of record!

Congrats on the whole thing, it is just too awesome. (I’m so jealous).

PS: Makes me wonder if I should dress up in a cheff’s outfit and send a photo to Pixar. Everyone keeps telling me I look like Linguini, some peeps at school even call me Linguini :laughing: .