Favourite Song in WALL•E, and why?

Down to Earth I really like a lot. It’s just fun to sing along to and I like words and the melody. Although Put On Your Sunday Clothes AND BnL jingle I really like too! One that wasnt listed here that I kinda liked was La Vie En Rose. So it was hard to choose but I picked Down to Earth

I picked it for the same reasons (and because it’s so darn catchy). :smiley:

I went with Down to Earth. Recently I haven’t been able to stop listening to it! I love the melody and the lyrics are great too.

I prefer the music without lyrics but from those four I picked ‘Down to Earth.’ ‘BnL’ is just a corporate jingle so I can’t really enjoy that and the two from ‘Hello Dolly’ are not really my type of music, I will listen to them, but if I had a choice I’d pick something else. So ‘Down to Earth’ it is, it’s got great lyrics and it caps of the film perfectly.

My actual favourite piece of music in the film is ‘Desperate Eve,’ I have it set as my phone ringtone…

Incidentally, I heard La Vie En Rose at work yesterday and all I could think of was WALL-E :wink:

same here started to get teary… :cry: 2 years ago my friend died and i was listening to it and got very very sad…

I like all of them of course! But I voted for Sunday Clothes.

I went with Down To Earth cuz it’s about our beautiful planet and it nearly made me cry the first time I heard it (and it’s also my fauvorite song of all time :3)
<3

I really like all of them, except I didn’t like Bnl because it got stuck in my head waaaaaaay too much. :slight_smile: but if i listen to it today, it rocks.

“Down to Earth”, hands down. I’ve been a huge Peter Gabriel fan for years (“Solsbury Hill” just so happens to be my favourite song of all-time). I’d no idea that he’d had any involvement with WALL-E, however, until I went to see it on the big screen and heard DTE playing right there, in the end-credits. It was such a wonderful suprise, not to mention the perfect ending to the perfect film. The next day, I was online, ordering myself a copy of the soundtrack.

I pretty much like all the songs in WALL•E. Can’t choose a favorite. :smiley:

Ok… maybe the BnL jingle or “Down To Earth”.

It Only Takes A Moment is my favorite song on WALL-E that has lyrics. It’s very romantic. <3

I don’t really like “Down To Earth”. It’s not my kind of song.

It’s hard deciding which song is my favorite! I mean, the entire soundtrack was some of the best music I’ve ever heard.

I really like the lyrics to Down To Earth, and I also thought the intro was awesome. You know, how at first there’s just this sort of space-y feeling tinkering going on, and then the piano kicks in with authority? Simple amazing.

I like how optimistic Put On Your Sunday Clothes is. I frequently find myself singing the lyrics when I have an impending feeling of awesomeness because something exciting is about to happen.

The BnL jingle is so darn catchy!!! Curse them, that’s probably how BnL became so omnipotent, because no one could get the jingle out of their head and so they had to buy things from them! I have it set as my ringtone, haha.

I’m actually surprised that La Vie En Rose wasn’t listed as an option. Granted, it’s not really one of Armstrong’s well known tunes, but it’s still a wonderful song.

I had the hardest time deciding between It Only Takes A Moment and All That Loves About. While the latter is incredibly short, the 30 seconds of violin in it was just pure epicness to the ears! In the end, I picked It Only Takes A Moment, partly because ATLA wasn’t on the list, and partly because I love the way that the song was used in the film, at the end. It had a profound sense of finality.

“For there’s no blue monday in your sunday clothes!”

This truly is a great song. I was in a production of Hello, Dolly my freshman year, and I wore this awsome red outfit during this number. Twas super fun.

Actually, our production was a few two months before Wall-E released. I’m sure you can imagine how extatic I was during the first second of the film. I even think our director emailed the whole cast over that summer telling us about Dolly in Wall-E.

I would say It Only Takes A Moment because it shows that he is lonely.

I chose “It Only Takes A Moment” because I believe that is what the film is all about… :slight_smile: It’s WALL-E’s mission and his story - about how love is all about constantly giving of one’s self…about never letting go of the love that you love…and that it only took one moment to be loved a whole life long… :slight_smile:

Had to go with Down to Earth because that one was in my head for three days as opposed to POYSC which secured two days. Although, the BNL jingle isn’t far behind either of those!