Favorite Films of 2012

Haven’t watched it yet either but I love the looks of the character designs and animation, and Taratakovsky is good, so I intend on renting it at least!

I’m going to watch it because many people, here and IRL, have reccomended it to me.

Also the poster of the Invisible man cracked me up. Oh, and I like the voice cast, and the Father/Daughter theme.

Laugh out loud, nice and simple.

The Father/Daughter theme is the best part, oh gosh, the opening will give you teeth cavities, and it reminded me of Finding Nemo in a way. There’s also a backstory about Dracula and a nice revelation near the climax that basically made the movie for me.

I believe Phileas and thewisecookiesheet also raved about it on their social media. I also wonder what lizardgirl (Laura) would think about Steve Buscemi voicing a werewolf.

Personally, it’s no big deal if you miss it in cinemas, but it’s definitely worth a rental.

Yes! That poster! 8D I’m going to rent this movie, and Frankenweenie, this weekend.

It was good but it had a lot of cheesy moments and the score was terrible. But I saw a lot of movies last year so number 11 is not that low.

That’s interesting to hear, annaborjack. While I agree there’s lots of corny moments in there (although any involving Hulk were pretty awesome), I did feel the score was nice.

One of my favourited YouTube videos is a violinist performing the score dressed as Ms Marvel. :mrgreen:

Aw, I actually really liked the score. And I think some moments were corny, but overall I adored it.

I love Joss Whedon (of Toy Story/Buffy/Dr. Horrible fame).

Joss Whedon was on Toy Story? :open_mouth: Googles I learn something new every day! Can’t say I know what is Dr Horrible, though I’ve heard people rave about it.

Yes! He was one of the people nominated for the Oscar for Best Screenplay for Toy Story! I was surprised when I learned that at first, but then the humor in similar in Toy Story and Avengers, at least I think so.

Saw a few more films recently from last year.

1. The Avengers
  2. Wreck-It Ralph
  3. Frankenweenie
  4. The Dark Knight Rises
  5. ParaNorman
  6. The Secret World of Arriety
  7. The Hunger Games
  8. 21 Jump Street
  9. Chronicle
  10. Brave
  11. The Pirates! Band of Misfits
  12. Cabin in the Woods