FanFic Index...

Yah…i see what you mean.

If i update the first page everyone’s stories will be viewed.

I’ll just have to see about making the updates visible to the curious onlooker. Someone who is new or just browsing might not recognize the fact that i say New Update!! (don’t know why…)

This should work just fine if i can just make sure people see the updates posted.

I still think posting an alert through a new post is a better idea. I’ll do that for my stories from now on.

Wboon-I personally like that idea but as you said earlier that would erase the idea of looking at the first page and that is where the readers need to be.

Its good and bad situation…

1-readers will ahve to look under the user to find their story.
2-If the story has an update it will be posted but only as soon as the user alerts me or a mod.
3-The reader will have to just click on the link and go to the new chapter.

3 steps isn’t bad but it is much more of a hastle. Lets hope it will work as smoothly as written above^

:slight_smile:

I don’t really see where the problem is. So, if the readers click on the link to the new chapter, they would read what was intended for them to read rather than going all the way back to the first post, right?

Unless you’re saying that the readers want to find out some information only available in the first post, which I doubt so because an alert through a new post would be formatted in such a manner:

:smiley:

No…if we were to post new chapters only then stories already finished would be skipped in the first page. The first post would be skipped unless someone actually looked back at it. Only new chapters would be read…see?

just a little train of thought of me but why even go to such lenghts for a special page for it?
People read fanfics, decide what ones they like and read them as soon as they see the fanfic’s own topic has been updated.

That is why I try to keep the story post and comment posts seperated of my own fanfic. as soon as the story post is updated, everyone will know a new part of the story is added. and if people want to say something about it they will have a special seperated topic for it.
It keeps the story clean of other posts then the one made by the author wich will give a much cleaner and more enjoyable reading experience as new readers dont have to wade trough pages of only comments before they can read a new part of the story.

Okay…here is what i’m going to do.

New chapters or updates are going to be written after the story name and also in bold lettering so look for the bold. Anything else is normal…

When you guys PM me…make sure to tell me which chapter was updated or added…that way ui can tell the reader what chapter number is new…

Anyway we have our first update from an official user (other then myself)

BDD…Finding Nemo is now updated.

Well, I just posted my latest chapter. I think it is chapter 22, titled: Rescue and Revelation.

I’m waiting/hoping for more feedback on my fanfics, but so far the advertising isn’t really benefiting me… :confused:

Unfortunitly at the moment the respect of this thread is only skin deep. Once we get going and the updates are put down here everyone will go here first just to see which stories have been updated.

An Unusual Haunting just got updated.
And shouldn’t An Incredibile Christmas (by The Star Swordsman)be up there on the list?

Yes…i’ve been gone till yesterday so the list hasn’t had the proper care that it will need. I’ll make sure to get both of those on the list…

One more thing…i’m not going to be able to update everything everytime so if i ever miss something please let me know by PM. That way we will always be updated. You can even PM a Mod and they can update the list if i’m gone or unavailable.

All right then :wink:

Thank You…i’m working on a new look for the index…hopefully it will make everything more “neater”.

I’m surprised that my TI Christmas story ain’t on there, but thats okay. Its going to be completed on Christmas day.

it will be on in about 2 minutes…i have the edit post screen in the window right now and am putting some finishing touches on a new look.

Okay Al-Bob. I’ll wait for it.

alright the update is up…we have more users and stories and i condensed it a little to try to make it easier to see the different titles. I’ll work sometime next week at some Sumarries that will fit in the space. It will just need to work better when the next update comes out.

It looks good Al-Bob.