dating status

True love is one of the best feelings anyone can ever experience and share with the oppisite sex. It teaches you so much about life, yourself, and others.

Well, I’m 19 and still single. I’m not really looking for girls lately but I have many girl friends.(girls as friends) I was shocked recently when my parents tell me if I have a girlfriend lately and I said, I don’t have time to enter a relationship.

My ultimate thoughts on relationship:

1. It can turn you into the happiest person in the world when the relationship works.

2. It can give you the biggest heartbreak you can ever imagine when it fails or something bad happens.

Oh my, Am I thinking of WALL-E and EVE’s love story again lately??

JhOpZzZz

That is so true. Even though I only had one girlfriend, I can say that you hit the nail right on the head.

I’m 15 now, but a year ago there was this girl that I liked, and she was the same age I was. She helped me make friends at school, and she was nice. But one day, she said her boyfriend was coming to hang out with us at lunch. Then a 19 year old dude walked over and she introduced us. I’m not even sure how he got on campus! I later found out that they were both underage drinkers. That sort of ruined dating for me. I think thats why I’m still single.

Well I am chronically single and it seems I will be for the forseeable future. Sometimes I feel kinda lame since I’m in my 20s and have never had a steady boyfriend. But then i wonder who would understand this crazy mind I have. To quote the book on Capricorn (my sign) that I read, “It’s not easy to understand the world according to Capricorn and even harder once yer inside it”

Sometimes I wish I had a boyfriend, mainly when it’s thrown in my face that other people my age have them, like at weddings and certain holidays. It makes it tougher realizing that some of the people I grew up with are getting engaged or are married. Other times, like when I hear friends of mine complain about their relationships, I’m glad I dont. I’m so high strung, I’m not sure if I could deal with the pain and stress. Plus I’m kind of a selfish person, I really dont like to compromise. I’ve come to the realization that at the moment I’d only want a boyfriend when it was convenient for me.

I know what you mean, lennonluvr. A girl at work recently got engaged, and she was saying about how in love she is, and although on the one hand, I feel as though I’ve got better things to do than be in a relationship with a guy right now, on the other hand it’s strange when others around you are in long-term relationships.

I go out with someone once in a while Just trying to get to know him better.

I don’t find anything wrong with a date or two, but having a boyfriend/girlfriend is kind of a big commitment. Should be something you wait for like everybody else says.

My friends(most of them are girls but there are boys too) always ask me recently if I have a girlfriend lately and they are really shocked when I said to them that I was single and never had a girlfriend before.

Yeah well… same here. :unamused: Never had a girlfriend and I’m 20, manly because,

1. Almost every girl I have met has a boy friend, engaged ect.
  2. I’m kinda shy, I guess?
    3.Money damn it, :angry: I could not buy all the cool stuff for her.

My sister and brother in law try and find a girl for me, but it ain’t workin.

I would love to have a girl friend to share my feelings with and such, but I guess it will come in time.

PS. All you girls here on Pixar Planet have been so nice to me, I couldn’t see why y’all couldn’t find some one if you really wanted to. :slight_smile:

Of course when you watch Wall•E, it will bring up some feelings. :slight_smile: Good ones!

Seems this forum is full of singles… this is both comforting and depressing, to say the least. :neutral_face:

To all the hopeless romantics out there, I have one thing to say to you:

“Welcome to the party, pal!”

• John McClane

8D

Hahahahaha we both have same reasons… But to add on my list. I’m a Video Game Freak and an audiophile( Playing Video Games and listening Music on my iPod while outside makes me happy already) as well.

Maybe we could organise a ‘singles night.’ Heheh.

You know, I thought I’d be the only one on here who was single. :laughing:

I personally think it’s comforting, but depressing as well. :frowning:

Oh, you mean all 92% of us :laughing:

@JhOpZzZz: Yeah, I work outside, and I can’t go a day without listening to my MP3 player!

@WALL-E Dude: As for me, I’m still a college student and I don’t really have time to balance a relationship and my studies.

To tell you the truth, when I first came here, I thought most of you were married.

Singles night! Good idea, Rachel! :laughing: At least we all know that we have at least one thing in common. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think we might have one or two members here that are married.

Hmmm… I know it’s something? I just can’t put a pin on it? :stuck_out_tongue:

@JhOpZzZz: Yeah, I can see how that could do it! I would be in college, I’m just working in a family business for now.

Who here has an issue with making the first move? I’ve just had problems with that, do to not knowing there status? Anyone else have this problem, or am I all along on this :open_mouth:

Depends what you mean by ‘making the first move.’