Custom Troika Replica Images 9/14/11

Lookin good, I think the inaccuracies have already been addressed. They look great at first glance, but once you get them side by side some of the color differences are what stand out to me. The goldfish especially.

Edit: one small suggestion I have would be the sand down the edges a bit where the two halves come together before painting.

I’m actually surprised but any gripes about them seem to be universal. I’m willing to accept they’ll never be “perfect” though…heck…not one TSC item is “perfect”…but if they fix the goldfish color, duck eyes and beak, and the dog adjustments I mentioned…i’ll be estatic…

I have no problem saying i’m very impressed witht he first prototype and think the 2nd will be that much better

:slight_smile:

As far as your edit…what purpose would that serve? I’m trying to think of where you are going with this…as the company is doing this…not me…not sure if I can tell them to do that anyway…but i’m curious where you are going with it…

I would totally understand if you thought it was too insignificant to bother asking them about, but it looks to me like the edges are a bit too perfectly sharp. See how they are beveled a bit in the screen shots? You can see the seam even when they are closed. In the the real life versions the seams are almost invisible.
Again, totally minor and wouldn’t make or break the thing the slightest.

Hmmmm…I always thought that they looked like that in that one scene due to them “looking scared”
and when they are closed the line was invisible…i suppose that would help a bit…but it seems a little needy since they are redoing the replica thats already painted…I suppose I could ask, but i’m leaning against it…i already feel kinda bad that they are changing an already excellent job…and i think they are only looking for modifications to the paint job…

Edit: looking at all the pics I sent…your absolutely right…it might be worth mentioning…hmmmmmm

if anyone is lurking and not a member…feel free to email me at:

bashford427@yahoo.com

Don’t forget you would also get the added advantage of them being easier to open. It may be a bit difficult to open them if you can’t find the edges with your fingernail. Of course I don’t have any myself to say, so I could be wrong about that. I also think it could help the illusion of looking like plastic. The rounded edges would catch some light making it appear shinier.

Hey Slink, sorry to be a buzzkill, but you already have one thread regarding your custom Troika replica, so we kindly ask that you stick to that. The fact there’s already a Toy Story Replica thread means that you should really be posting your works in there, but we’ve let you already have your own special thread without shutting it down. Please refrain from creating duplicate threads. You may post your images in the first thread, just like how every member is entitled to one fan-graphic thread, one fan-art thread, etc. (The exception I can think of is regarding fanfics, since some of them are long enough to merit their own threads). Thanks for your understanding.

• TDIT