Create Your Own Portmanteau Couple Name!

Heehee, good one! I think of Cars though.

“Shoot, you get to work with Bessie! I’d give my left two lugnuts for something like that!”

Sorry to revive a thread from over two years ago… I just thought it’d be a good idea, since we’ve got Brave and Cars 2.

So… here’s some Brave ones I came up with:

Meridingwall (Merida x Young Dingwall)

Merintosh (Merida x Young Macintosh)

Muffin (Merida x Young MacGuffin)

Ferlinor (Fergus x Elinor)

Some Cars 2:

Molley

Finley

Hollecesco (just to be ridiculous)

Salcesco (this one will get me tomatoed…)

And now, for some random joke pairings:

Russellie (if Russell were to time travel back into the 30s)

Pill (Peach x Gill)

Purgle (Peach x Gurgle)

Debloat (Deb x Bloat)

Debubbles (Deb x Bubbles)

Colarousse (Colette x Larousse… really?!!)

Colalo (Colette x Lalo)

Cohorst (Colette x Horst)

Compidou (Colette x Pompidou…poor Colette, being shipped with every chef that’s not Linguini)

Lizzley (Lizzy x Stanley)

Sallmore (Sally x Fillmore)

HAN-FIB (HAN-S x D-FIB; I seriously may be the only one shipping this…)

LQ-M (L-T x VAQ-M)

HAN-A (HAN-S x BRL-A… if you’re wondering why, check my fanart thread)

BRLQ-M (BRL-A x VAQ-M… again, go to my fanart thread)

CompAuto (Axiom’s computer x Auto… makes a whole lotta sense)

That’s pretty much what I could come up with. :unamused:

Ha ha, “Meridingwall”… love that, JSWeC! (And personally, I’m “Team Dingwall”, if Merida ended up with one of the three :smiley:)
I haven’t done many of these, but the best ones I think I’ve come up with are:
Sallightning (That should be obvious)
Malley (Coined this one back in January '11. I was really hoping that Mater and Holley would end up a couple somehow, but I kept telling myself “OWP, you’re setting yourself up for nothing; stop being so obsessed!”, and lo and behold, a few months later… I found out I was actually right! <3)

Too bad that there’s no way to make a couple name for the Potato Heads! :stuck_out_tongue:

OWP: I’m glad you like the idea of “Meridingwall”. In fact, [spoil]it was almost canon once Dingwall hit a perfect bullseye despite being unfocused, and the fact that he wanted to kiss Merida at the end when the clans were leaving.[/spoil]

And about the Potato Heads… yeah, they don’t have named that can’t be portmanteau’d. :frowning: I never really thought about that one.

But speaking about Toy Story pairings… how about Trex, or Rexie? (that is, Trixie x Rex)

Or Woodolly (Woody x Dolly)?

^Whoa… I had come up with Rexie right after I made that last post! You read my mind! I hadn’t actually considered that possibility that much until I heard a comment about their relationship on one of the TS3 audio commentaries…

This. This one.

I love this one. :laughing:

OWP: Oh wow! Who knew we both came up with the same shipping name for Trixie x Rex? High five!

Leirin: I’m glad you find “Muffin” amusing. :wink: Though Merida (and the entire court) could not understand a word he said.

Also, I’ve forgotten to mention my support some of TDIT’s pairing names. Linguinette (or Collini) is my OTP for Ratatouille; seriously, I have yet to see fan art or fanfiction shipping Colette with any other chef, and I’m all for PR-GO (artists of cosmetics and acrylics all the way!). And “Flamone” does have a nice ring to it. :smiley:

High-Fives JSWeC
And the first thing that came to mind at Muffin (besides one of my fave foods :mrgreen:) is that Merida and McGuffin would have some definite… “communication issues” in their relationship 8D

So now that most of us have seen MU, I think it’s time to give you guys a couple name for this film’s romahnce (I just said that with a goofy accent :mrgreen: Oh, and I didn’t know whether or not to tag spoilers here, so apologies if I spoil anything for you)
Donerri! (Don and Ms. Squibbles, who’s first name is revealed as Sherri)

That’s a good one, OWP! I’ve thought of some myself!

Crock, or Blaire (Claire/Brock)

Miklaire (Mike/Claire, a shout-out to some of the latest work done by little_chef_eva09) :smiley:

Clonny (Claire/Johnny Worthington)

Can’t think of any involving Hardscrabble, except for the scare teacher, which I don’t know his name. :frowning: