Central Cars 2 Discussion

xCarsLuverx: Yes, some more info! Well, at least we know Sally will be in it for some time, since the article says he returns home to his Sweetheart. It’s also interesting to hear what each character’s role is on Lightnings race. It’s not just Lightning, it’s a team effort, and I like that!

Flick-E: I see it opposite, I think that that scene shows that they have the ability to use firearms, because Lightning says “Why is he shooting at me”. Of course, we know that it was a misunderstanding, but it still shows that guns are a part of Cars world, even back in the original one.

And you’re probably right, Sid didn’t use firearms, but I thought that fireworks could technically be firearms, since they can be used at a weopon. But you’re probably right, I don’t know much about weopons.

aerostarmonk: I’m crazy for that poster! Russia always has cooler posters, I liked their WALL-E one better than ours, and now I like the Cars 2 one better!

You’re right, that didn’t really occur to me right away cause of only seeing it as a gag.

Great thoughts guys! I agree with everyone. Mostly. I think that the Sherrif scene in the original is actually showing that cars can carry guns rather than not.

aerostarmonk would you mind giving me the link you found that poster at so I can update the first post?

Oh yeah, and I agree with EJE that fireworks can be considered just as dangerous as fire arms, but I think it is because in the Toy Story world, fireworks are lethal to the toys, just like firearms are to people.

collider.com/wp-content/uploads/ … 24x600.jpg

Here you go.

If you actually go to the site you’ll see one of the posters links back to us!

Thanks. I just took the link that has both posters, since the Pit Crew one has fillmore on, and I think people would like to know that Fillmore IS in this movie. For Sure.

Hmm, I never thought of it that way, it’s almost like they’re bombs or something to them.

I love that poster.

Did anyone else notice that Professor Zundapp’s lazer has the world grand prix logo on it? I didn’t get a good feeling about this new alternative fuel that the whole race is running on…

I knew it since the first day I saw the trailer that something was up with the fuel.

This guy is a sicko. :angry:

I have to say I like the alternate fuel idea for a different reason if say maybe it’s organic. It almost helps fill the world-building hole caused by the tractors and all being kept in a domesticated sense in their world in the original movie.

Because while it wasn’t common then it seems if we’re to judge the comment to lightening when he cought a case, perhaps they’d been ‘preparing’ for organic fuel before the big world wide race, hence why the tractors and other farm vehicles were there etc rather than being allowed to run wild and free. It was because they had already decided to use this race eventually to promote it- so they were preparing not only for that, but later on from the promotion, they could help produce the materials for organic fuel on a wider scale. Just preparation, and perhaps the keeping of tractors etc was relatively recent in that sense.

Okay I’ll shut up now.

:laughing:

That’s not what I meant. :stuck_out_tongue: I mean sure, I totally agree. If it was just an organic fuel, it would fix that super gigantic hole that’s probably in their ozone layer. 8D I meant I think Professor Bird’s Nest Head probably did something to it! :astonished:

Mmmmm yes you’ve got a point there, sorry I misinterpretated it there the inclusion of the fuel could be a major plot point later, but we also have to question, what would he (the antagonist) gain from such a thing? We have to remember that Pixar’s antagonists generally have particular reasons for the things they would do- some way they benefit from it. They don’t tend to do things just because well, they’re somehow just pure Evil ™. There is something to be gained whether it be recognition or power or are even in some cases also trying to solve some big problem through extreme methods or something to that effect. They don’t just do bad things because they get a thrill out of doing bad things. There’s a real reason for it and it will mean they possibly gain something that they want.

Of course, maybe he wants to control the worlds fuel supply. That would be kind of like one of the more recent Bond films where the guy up against Bond wanted to control water and decides to destabilise the government of a certain country.

There was something I read that said he was trying to be a [spoil]dictator[/spoil] of the whole world. :shake:

Uh-oh…something tells me that he’s going to make chick look like a angel… :confused:

I don’t think Chick is that venturesome. :confused: I mean, even he knows when to stop.

The big difference between Chick and Zundapp is that Chick was meant as an antagonist, but Zundapp is a real villain. If that makes sense. He’s actually evil, not just a jerk.

Yeah,Chick may not have nothing on Professor Zunlapp…he looks like a coo-coo… :stuck_out_tongue:

It makes sense. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is true, I would call Chick just a jerk. One of those morons that you just have to deal with in life. This guy though, he’s a big no-no. :wink:

I don’t know…I’m not saying it’s not possibly something Pixar will try but he’d definitly have to be a bit crazy at least on some level to go for that as would eveyone who worked for him. I mean that’s basically impossible to achieve. He would never gain enough support for that sort of thing and the world would be too big and fragmented to become a dictator in the traditional way.

This also isn’t like back in the days of the empires where here Britain once ruled 1/4 of the world, but even then no one country, let alone person has ever ruled the entire world here (and even then Britain was technically a democracy in the country itself at least). Too many rebellions I guess you could say would result, because people often only put up with so much abuse or being ordered around before they snap somewhere along the line usually. I mean even if he was generally a peaceful ruler he’d… I don’t know, still, they wouldn’t be happy. And it just doesn’t seem likely he’d achieve it at all let alone hold onto it for very long. He should have considered this at the very least before hand unless he’s crazy. Also unless say he was already a dictator of a substantial part of the world already somehow and just wanted more.

You can’t rule the world with just a small if well trained group of people with guns. You need a lot of people with guns willing to fight for you to do that at the very least. But true ruling probably requires finesse, charm, the ability to make people want to do these things and think they’re right at the same time if not force in of itself. It would take longer than one life time to achieve. I mean brains will almost always beat brawn in such set ups. He’d have to possibly rule somewhere already at the very least. He couldn’t just take over the world overnight in the so called traditional way at the very least if he doesn’t rule somewhere already especially.

One country? Sure. I think I could buy him being able to do that, depending on the country, though he’d still have to fight for the rest of his life and watch his back continually which… would be aggravating.

However it would be possible for him to have a large amount of the world having to bow down to his whims (though not as a full on dictator) if he somehow controlled fuel of some description, say if he gained a monopoly on it all or the vast majority of it- then he would have a large amount of control, and it might be the closest he could get to actually ruling the world.

Of course that might be considered a bit of a strange area for Pixar to delve into especially with the past real world issues, but then considering the time Monsters Inc was released and humans the CDA could be compared to maybe it’s possible even if back then the movie had been made before all that happened.

/rambles on. :laughing:

I thought, to be a dictator, the people need to be in a state of desperation. :open_mouth: I’m not good with this stuff. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe Professor does something to the Cars World’s oil supply that causes the entire world to be in a state of desperation, like take it away and act as if he has nothing to do with it. He’ll tell the world that, since he’s a professor, he has come up with an organic oil that will be able to take place of the original oil, meanwhile something bad is in that stuff. :wink:

I don’t know, but man this is interesting!!

True , in times of extreme need whether real or not, people turn to extreme people and extreme solutions. They want certainty that things will work out, but the thing is no-one can promise that certainty but that’s what both politians and dictators before going to power ultimately promise a lot of the time. But fooling the entire world would be supremely difficult. I think that while he could gain ‘control’ of the world, he couldn’t do so very easily in a dictator’s kind of way. He would quite possibly be the ‘go to’ guy for various world leaders and all if he manages to solve a ‘problem’ or is perhaps someone world leaders have to go and barter with if he controls all the fuel.

But still you do need a combination of luck, charisma and brains or at least a combination of one.two of these, or nultimately getting people to believe you’ll win at least. You have to make people believe yes you can solve all their problems I guess before hand. After the dictatorship is established, it’s kind of too late until a successful rebellion takes place. Which ultimately also needs enough people to believe in it too on top of other things.

I mean it’s not to say he can’t in some way ‘control’ the world by controlling the world’s fuel source. I just don’t think he could necessarily ‘rule’ the world in a traditional dicator/empire set up. A country though would be possible in a traditional dictator set up in that sense and then try to make attempts I guess in expanding territory, but he’d possibly have to want to leave a legacy (a kid?) or something to inherit it and continue it or something. If he is not that kid himself at any rate and already has a good amount of territory and is continuing along that vein. Plus of course there’s the risk of all the other countries charging in at you or getting scared to begin with with gradual expansion.

But controlling all the fuel would mean world leaders would have to at least DEAL with you at least, and would mean a lot of power.