Bolt

I was super excited for Meet the Robinsons but I over hyped it for myself, so I will admit I’m excited for Bolt, but I’m not gonna make a big deal out of it until I see it.
Anyways nobody seems to have posted this so here’s the official site: disney.com/bolt

The loading screen reminds me of the Gatorade logo.

Hmmm. I think I foresee a marketing plot.

The idea of Bolt thinking it’s all real reminds me of Buzz Lightyear not realizing he’s a toy. But I know Bolt will be different. And the plot makes sense; when a dog is on set of a movie being made, what are the chances that the dog will understand what’s going on?
And Dash, no you are definitely not the only one. I am really interested in Bolt, and I think that Disney is getting better again. I kept on watching the trailer over and over, because I cannot get enough of that hamster. :laugh: I think Disney has got a treat for us, at least with this film. But we shall see. :wink: [/i]

i am really excited too as i was for meet the robinsons i love to see the new disney movies :smiley: :smiley:

I am not keen on this but I will see it seeing as it is Disney.

I’m probably reiterating what those before me have said, but here’s my two cents anyway:
Bolt has been one of those films where it piqued my interest initially (because of Mr Sanders, aka Mr Stitch. Not to mention that the preliminary characters had some interesting ‘grown-up’ aspects, like a chain-smoking dog, a one-eyed cat, and a radioactive rabbit on a wild and crazy road trip through midwest USA). I mean, the earlier sketches were beautiful in a Fear and Loathing in Vegas kinda way:

There’s many more of these on the web. Just google ‘em. You’ll love the giant bunny. :wink:
But you can see why Mr Lasseter and the other bigwigs disapproved of the project. Too risque. Granted, in all fair hopes, Mr Lasseter probably offered constructive criticism and Mr Sanders probably couldn’t take it nicely, but I must say that they should have at least gave his vision a chance. If the Incredibles and Atlantis could be rated PG, I don’t see why a quirky but potentially groundbreaking film could not be seen to fruition.
Then I saw the trailer. In all respects, Mr (in reality, a Miss) Mittens and Rhino saved the film for me. Like many forum members have said, the story bears too much resemblance to Toy Story, Homeward Bound, and even, yes, Beverly Hills Chihuahua. It was too sanitised, too predictable, too reliant on star power. And Bolt is, based on the trailer alone, BORING. And he’s the HERO!
Then I read LatinoReview’s features on Bolt (there’s two up with two more appearing this week, and which I highly recommend if you’re interested in the technical aspects like I am) and was won over by the graphic style. Seems like they took a page from Sanders’ conceptual drawings and are now applying a new-fangled technology that will give the backgrounds and faraway objects a hand-painted look. Each city on the trio’s road trip also has a distinct look, based on the lighting, buildings, people, and general ambience. All this can be discerned from the trailer, and so far, it has appealed to me.
So I’m kinda left somewhere in between. On the one hand, I really miss watching the realisation of Sander’s weird but wonderful tale, but on the other, I’m intrigued by whether they can match up or top Meet the Robinsons (a film which I severely underestimated), which was an instant modern classic in my books.
Guess we will have to wait and see.

This movie actually looks pretty cool. The hamster was hilarious in the trailer! I agree though that poster has got to change. I saw a poster at Disney World and I thought it was a live action film. Disney allways makes good animations. Not as good as Pixar though.

I’m actually more excited about seeing it as BOLT . Having John Travolta finally do a voice in a Disney film is awesome.

I would have still loved to have seen it as American Dog though.

I’m really looking forward to this film. It has great potential. The storyline is very clever and well done.

After seeing the footage from Comic-con I’d have to say I’m still pretty excited for it. I’ve even managed to see the short Glago’s Guest almost two months before its public release with Bolt. Disney’s storytelling abilities with their shorts is getting better.

I found this new movie poster via [url=http://www.animated-news.com/2008/new-bolt-poster-2/:22kgf9ek]Animated-News[/url:22kgf9ek]:

[img:22kgf9ek]http://www.impawards.com/2008/posters/bolt_ver2.jpg[/img:22kgf9ek]

:-\

C’mon, Disney. You can do better than labeling one of your films as "fully awesome". Even the cat doesn’t appear amused.

How about "The fur will fly 2008", cuz ya know, he acts like a super dog and meanwhile argues with the cat about being a super dog. It’s a play on words, not a pathetic attempt at expressing awesomeness.

I followed the link, but I couldn’t find the image. But from what you said, PV, it sounds pretty bad. :laughing:

It is, lizardgirl. It is.

Try this image:

[url]http://www.impawards.com/2008/bolt_ver2_xlg.html[/url]

Well, it is cute, but what is with the tagline “Fully Awesome?” The animal cahraters look adorable, but I cringed when I first saw it.

Haha, the cat looks so unamused! ‘Why am I in this stupid movie poster?’ And ‘Fully Awesome’? Did Disney throw the English Grammar book out of the window on purpose? It’s appalling.

“The Fur Will Fly” sounds like a much better tagline than “fully awesome”.

I’ve never watched “American Dog” before, and being a fan of Miley Cyrus, I have to say that I’m anticipating to watch this one, though I’m not really excited.as Disney animated films are beginning to bore me recently.

Nice update on the poster, PixarVixen. I expected a better tagline (which sounds too similar to KFP’s “Prepare for Awesomeness” line) and even background, the plain red just repeats the teaser poster too much. (Oh, and by the way, “The Fur Will Fly” has been used as the tagline in Cats & Dogs, a live-action talking animals movie) would have liked to see more supporting characters like Penny, the three ‘Goodfeather’ pigeons, and the Green-Eyed Men. Maybe add a couple of explosions, cars and helicopters to give that action movie/TV-show feel. Quite disappointing, I hope they do character posters like the Incredibles or Cars so we can see the personality of each of the trio.

I find Mittens the stray cat endearing though. There’s something about her disenchanted and jaded outlook on life that appeals to my inner cynic, you could see that personality reflected in her unamused eyes, and that makes her stand out from the intense but blisfully-oblivous Bolt and the goofy fan-worshipper Rhino. Can’t wait to see what shenanigans this rag-tag team of misfits get up to. :smiley:

A commercial for the Worldwide Fido Awards on Nick at Nite said “It’s gonna be a steaming pile of awesome”. I immediately thought of the poster. 8D

Somehow that line doesn’t conjure up a good mental image in my head… :stuck_out_tongue:
There’s two new videos on the Bolt YT channel!
The first is a 3-minute extended clip in the vein of Wall-E’s Space Walk and Rat’s Kitchen Run (This one’s called ‘Animal Rescue’. I love the pun!). There’s a minor spoiler involving [spoil]Bolt’s realisation he doesn’t have any super powers[/spoil] (but you know it’s gonna happen anyway). Some things I also didn’t like were the fact that Ester the security guard reminded me too much of Skinner and Bob Parr’s boss (by the fact that they look of a normal height in their first appearance but are revealed to be ‘vertically challenged’ when getting down from a high chair from behind the table), and the dog’s baying of “Ball” sounded like the seagulls from Finding Nemo.
But there were little details I liked though. Rhino the hamster’s manic hyperventilation in the beginning, the “I’ll snap his neck” line, the touching Mittens and Bolt conversation in the middle, Rhino saluting at 2:26, and the flame and ‘drifting smoke’ effect at the end.
Then there’s the TV spot. Quite nice, though the opening song of “Unbelievable” has also been used at the end of Hoodwinked’s trailer. I’m just stoked to see Bolt’s opening car chase and its Micahel Bayesque-aesthetics! :smiley: