Bolt

Why did they get Miley Cyrus? Is it to generate more money and more popularity?

azzstar - Isn’t that always the way at Disney Studios? :stuck_out_tongue:

– Mitch

Yes, that’s exactly the reason. Disney’s quite smart, and have gotten to the point where they can do pretty anything they want to, and this is still part of their evil genius plan.

Most kids in America are gonna see “MILEY CYRUS” on the Bolt commercial (trust me, you’ll see it there), and think “OMG Miley Cyrus is AWESOME!!!111 I wanna see dat moovie!!111” and they’ll go and see it, probably to be disappointed by the dry story and they can’t get their money back; it’s already taken by Disney.

Oh, that Disney. :imp:

I won’t judge till I see so for myself, though I do prefer American Dog.
:sunglasses:

Clips! We have clips!

uk.youtube.com/watch?v=x2c-TXAb7FA

Ooh, that Disney. Smart, but evil.

Is it just me, or does this seem like a copy of 101DII? :confused:

^ Aw, too bad my dial up won’t show the clip!

I think I’ll stick by Jim Hill on this; we can’t dismiss Bolt already because of a couple Nickelodeon-style pictures that would supposedly put Disney on the edge again. Still, I’m expecting another childlike comedy with all the right gags, appeal, and cheese.

I can’t judge Meet the Robinsons very well since I only saw the first ten minutes, but it did disappointment me. I actually popped it out of the DVD player and watched Spirit instead – now one of my all-time favorites! (You can’t deny which is better!) I would feel embarrassed watching “Robinsons” with adults since it clinged to a kid audience like a post-90s Disney leech.

I don’t see much special about Bolt except John Lasseter’s involvement (which mass audiences don’t know about), but I know kids will go home loving it either way, good or bad. Use me for example: my favorite movie when I was six was Inspector Gadget, beating out Toy Story (I even passed up The Iron Giant that year, of course! facepalm)

~Sarah

WOW, it looks so much better then the un-rendered scenes I’ve been seeing. Still, since disney started computer animation, it’s been embarrassing to go see one of their movies without a small child with you.

Lets hope Lasseter is changing that :unamused:

i’m sorry, but BOLT really sounds-and looks-like a really DUMB movie.

It’s not gonna be good.

XD You’re absolutely right, there, TS2! :laughing:

It’s like, an animated continuation of Underdog, which should have been animated in the first place.

(you know I’m right it’s gonna be just like Underdog.)

Hey, PixarVixen, the original concept art looks better (at least more artful) than the new stuff.

Edited. I combined both of your posts. – Mitch

TS2: Yep. Why on earth is Disney following up with another dog movie back-to-back?

Btw, (off topic) I love your avatar!! Did you make that yourself? I think I remember your old avi, The Incredibles one (if I’m correct), and that was fantastic!

~Sarah

are you talking about my avatar? if you are, no i didn’t make it myself, i went to an avatar website and searched for Nightmare avatars.

(off topic reply)
Yeah, mine’s not mine either. But it gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling so I had to steal it!

(on topic)
At this stage of development, I’ll give Bolt an uninformed rating of 5 out of 10. Just plain ol’ average.

~Sarah

Today the Bolt teaser trailer comes with WALL-E in theatres. Could you please share with us non-american some comment about it? Thank you! :slight_smile:

EDIT:
ok, don’t worry, the teaser is online!
empireonline.com/video/bolt/

The trailer was magnificent, it really gives you hope!

Though I wish American Dog was made, Bolt still looks cute and I’ll definitely see it, despite the fact that current Disney pop star is voicing in it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Love the hamster in the ball - just got my sister’s hamster a ball and she’s just as overconfident as that character appears to be. :laughing:

American Dog looked good and it would of been cool if that was made, but the trailer for Bolt actually made me get some interest in it. I might consider seeing it.
Especially because of that hamster. :-D)

I saw the trailer and it looked really convincing. However, I am kinda against watching it when it comes out, but the more I learn about it I’ll consider viewing it.

Bolt looks very cool. I’ll definitely watch it one bored Saturday afternoon.

I just wanna snuggle him up!

I am just a bit disappointed to see Miley Cyrus listed as a voice actor as the movie. Not necessarily because she won’t do a good job, but because I’m sure Disney defaulted to her to help sell tickets instead of auditioning even actors within Disney.