Beverly Hills Chihuahua

Right now, my heart goes out to the Disney Store employees.

I was in the Chicago store, and this trailer was playing. I have the ability to drown the trailer out with my ipod touch, but they have to work in that environment and have that clip come around every 30-45 minutes.

It’s not racist against Mexicans; it’s stereotyping chihuahuas! :angry:

CHIHUAHUAS ARE PEOPLE, TOO! 8D

it’s racist against mexicans because of two things:

1. the stereotypical mexican actors (George Lopez, Cheech Marin, not that I don’t like them) are in this, leaving out more up-and-coming mexican actors to have a chance at all.

2. it shames an ancient aztec belief. the chihuahua really was honored like that in those times, and Disney making a big commercial pile of trash out of that probably offends many Central Americans.

and sorry for the language and yelling, but I just can’t believe you guys aren’t getting as mad as I am. Kudos 4 your self control.

oooooh wow. :open_mouth: uuuuummm, that was slightly disturbing. it’s times like these that i think disney should just quit while they’re behind :unamused: . either that movie is gonna be reeaallly stupid, or disney should fire their advertisment-people.

sorry, i’m judgmental. but come on.

personally, i think talking live action talking animals are sooo yesterday. scooby-doo, cats and dogs, staurt little, good boy, homeward bound 1 and 2. its getting pretty old.

wawawawawait, ts2. George lopez is in this? man, i thought he was desperate when he was in TAOSAL. when he was in TNBB, i thought he was at rock bottem! THIS? he was such a good actor! what happened? :cry:

i think i would kill myself in that position.

k, the trailer doesn’t show that at all. what the heck? i’m sure there is gonna be a romance between her and the emperor. goes to find a barf bag:shake:

i also want to bring one more thing up. DOGS WEARING CLOTHES if there is one thing in the world hate, its live action talking animals wearing clothes like a normal person.

i can hear ebert and ropoer’s review now (i love them)

ropoer: worse than good boy, and we hated that. (they did, watch their reveiw.) stupid lines recited by annoying actors with a bad story. unless your under 6, save the 10 bucks and the trauma.

TS2: Well, i’ve got lots of self-control, but i am 10x opinionated as you are, and i can do it all without swearing. But it could get really off-topic here, so i’ll PM you. xD
RR: HAHA! Dogs wearing clothes is soooooo annoying! 8D Also, shouldn’t the emperor be wearing the headdress? :confused:

xD

Disney is dead. Also, where was Chloe in this trailer? :confused: :confused: :confused:

i think she is the chuiwawa at the very end with the sunglasses.

oooooooooooooooooooooooohhh god i have that song stuck in my head. lord take me now.

Rac_Rules:

can u please explain the acronyms and also i agree 100%. that teaser trailer was pure torture.

All right, people can go on and on about why they hate it, and they will. :P I think it’s best that this thread should be locked. It’s obvious no one is going to say anything good about it, so might as well. :-\

no! this could be a good thing! if Disney sees how much people hate just 1 and a half minutes of it, they might cancel the 1 and a half HOURS of it.

[b:2smvq3xp]TS2[/b:2smvq3xp]: You can’t be serious. Disney’s put out horrible films before and never took trashed it because ‘people didn’t like it’ - they’re hoping someone out there will. However, they may pull it from theaters early - if anyone has an ounce of interest in it, I doubt they’d be willing to see it in theatre - better off renting it. :P

Still, this thread is getting pointless - as if Disney will magically hear us and say "Hey, you know what, they’re right - this is garbage."

I know I won’t like it, but lots of little kids will - that’s the audience they’re aiming for, not preteen / teens, and definitely not adults, so I don’t see why everyone should let it bother them so much.

It’s as bad as complaining about a Dora the Explorer film or something! 8D You guys hate it, we know that, and it should just end there. Constant complaining is getting you nowhere. :-\

RR: She is? And i’m trying HARD to not think about that terrible song. XD don’t go! <>< :smiley:
TS2: Exactly. After the trailer ended, I heard someone say, “That was bad!”
FONY: Well, if you think it’s no fun, then this isn’t the thread for you. But we like to have fun, and it’s fun to joke about it, no? :sunglasses: Also, this thread isn’t only about the trailer, it’s about the film, when it comes out (yeah, as if anyone’s gonna see it, huh? roflol)

I am not going to say that you guys are not allowed to bash, chew and spit this film out. According to the first ammendment of the US, you guys the the right to say what you want and hold you own opinion, but that doesn’t mean you guys are 100% right. Who knows? We all know that this film is supposed to be aimed for little kids. But you never know you guys. This film can throw a huge curve-ball at us. Possibly, when it hits theatres, the movie reviews might like it so much and maybe reccomend it to people. You never know.

While you, TS2, say that this movie is garbage, just to let you know, that you got people who are actually working (maybe their tails off) just to give it their all to this movie. THey make the movie to earn some money and support their familes. Call thing what they do “garbage” I find is really disappointing and disrespectful. If the people working on the film suddenly stopped working, the movie might not even be released, but then you would get a lot of people out of the job.

Now hopefully, I am not rashing anyone’s feeling’s and opinions here, but there are times to joke around and times to be serious. If all you gonna do is poke fun at a movie that you haven’t seen before, let allone know whether it will be good or bad, then you shouldn’t say anything.

For all we know, maybe the only problem is the trailer, but not the film. It had better be a teaser trailer, and if it is, then hopefully the real trailer will clear things up a bit.

Sometimes sneak peaks/teaser trailers are only going to make you confused with what it’s about, but if it doesn’t tell you anything about the movie, how can you judge the movie without seeing what it’s about?

You have a good point, TSS. Animators don’t just spew out that stuff - it does take a lot of work - and if there’s one good thing I can say about the movie it’s that they did make the chihuahuas cute. xD At least, the ones aside from the main, the ones in the strange hats. Too bad the animation won’t be appreciated much, given how weird the film looks, but at least the kids will love it. That’s what matters, considering it was aimed for them, not us. :stuck_out_tongue:

Agreed about the good point. As a dabbler in animation myself, I can really respect the work that it takes to animate a film, even if I feel the film isn’t very appealing sounding.

Am I dreaming? :question: :question: :question:

Not that it wasn’t good animation, the animation was very well done…

don’t fall into trap A113, don’t you dare!

…but Beverly Hills Chiahuahua? Is that like Hollywood Dog? :bulb:

TSS:

Look, I’m not saying I hate the people who made this, I’m just saying that if you’re gonna make something that doesn’t take all that much money, you CAN ACTUALLY MAKE SOMETHING GOOD! (the low-budget ‘Juno,’ anyone?)

A113
:

There are SO MANY Disney movies that are planned that have the same basic plot: BHC, Underdog, American Dog, Hollywood Dog, BOLT, waaaaaaay too many dog movies just cuz of Underdog, and it wasn’t even that successful, so I don’t get why there are so many Underdogs planned. Oh, and also, I did hear a WHOLE BUNCH of people in my theater saying ‘that was bad’ after the clip.

FONY:

I would complain about a DTE movie.

But, I won’t. I digress.

TS2: Well, you might not think it might be a good movie, but at FONY says, they are just aiming for the younger viewers. This movie is most likely trying to aim at the age range from like 4-pre-teens.