Badger's art...

Your latest one of Russell is so cute, Badger! You’ve got his ‘agnry’ expression spot on. It’d look great coloured!

Heh, thanks. :smiley:

Dude… I must draw more. And I even got the Art of Up yesterday… got some awesome drawings, that. And it told about the film’s amazing symbolism… [spoil]Like how when Carl met Ellie, she became the colour in his life. When she died it was all drab and grey, but whenever Russell was on screen, he’d bring some of Ellie’s colour back to Carl’s life. I thought that was really sweet.[/spoil]

Lol, Russell’s always stuffing himself with chocolate. xD

Hey, thats kinda cute! I like the simplicity of it.

Thanks!

Russell’s cute.

Dang, I should really try to draw the rest of the Up gang instead of just focusing on Russell here… but I really wanna nail his anatomy down, because he’s, like, the cutest thing since baby skunks. lol.

Yeah, skunks are cute.

Aw, now that’s a very sweet one of him, Badger. He’s got such a cute expression on his face, and the soft shading that you’ve used to colour him in makes the piece all the more cuddly. If I could offer some advice, I’m not quite sure about the shaping of his face, his chin especially, but I think with a little more enhanced shading in that area it would give his face more of a 3D look. He looks great though, and the sketchy style you’ve drawn him in works really well. :smiley:

Thanks! 8D Oh, I see his face looks a bit off now, but seeing I’m quite bad at drawin’ human anatomy, heh… that’s no excuse for me, though! Moar practice is needed! D:

But hey, Pixar is finally makin’ me draw human characters. Haven’t done that since I fangirled over the Mario games.

I should really try to draw Carl once…

I think the biggest thing that you could change to make him resemble Russell more is to get the eyes down. In my practice, I’ve noticed eyes are super touchy, and getting them just the slightest bit off makes the biggest difference. Just something I thought I’d throw out there. Looks really good though! :slight_smile:

And yeah, I’d like to see you draw Carl! :smiley:

Well, I think judging by your avatar, baby skunks are pretty cute! :slight_smile: I like this drawing, Badger, Russell looks pretty darn cute in this one, too. I don’t think there’s nothing wrong about it, but, I’m gonna have to agree with ffdude1906 on the eyes. They have to be a slight bit narrower to look more like Russell’s eyes, but, you know what, that’s not really a big problem. Other than that, I think that Russell looks as cute as a teddy bear! :slight_smile:

Keep those drawings going, Badger, and I’d like to see you draw Carl, as well! :smiley:

Thanks guys! Yeah, I know his eyes should probably be corrected… but I think part of his lower head looks off too. Thanks though! :smiley:

Sorry for double post!

Russell busy earning his [spoil]senior Wilderness Explorer badges… and he made himself a plush Kevin.[/spoil]

That’s pretty cute right? :smiley:
I know his left hand/arm looks off… but it could be worse I suppose.

As I said on your dA, this is my fave Russell of yours so far! Looks really great! Keep at it!

That was a cute drawing, Badger. A plush Kevin, huh? If he were making them and selling them, I’d probably buy one. :slight_smile: His left arm is off a bit, yeah, but that’s not a big deal at all. I don’t know why, but I actually laughed when I first saw Russell’s expression. At first, his expression looked like that he did something embarrassing, but then I had a better look (I guess my eyes are still asleep :stuck_out_tongue:). Anyways, once again, Badger, great job on the drawing! :slight_smile:

I just love your drawing style, Badger! It’s simple and almost child-like (I mean that in a good way!)… kinda Chibi-style with big doe eyes. Here are some of my faves:

“Snakes are not scary” - I agree! They’re not slimy or as disgusting as some people think… I’m actually a fan of them. Of course, you gotta be smart and look out for the venomous ones, but I dream of owning a harmless one as an exotic pet. Do I sound weird for empathizing with reptiles? I hope not. :stuck_out_tongue: Oh, and I just love the snake you drew… pink and with ‘pencil-dot’ eyes!

“Squirrel” - I’m a sucker for crossovers, and although I haven’t played Conker (it’s a little vulgar for my taste), I like his self-aware and depreciating humour. So when you ‘mashed’ that with Dug (I like his pose and expression), it’s a winner for me! :slight_smile:

“She Says You’ll Let Me” - I like Russell’s smug expression. Some work can be done on Kevin, and I think that’s your weakness for Up characters at the moment, but Russell is your strength, so I guess you know which you have to practise on now!

“You Make Russell Agnry” - Love the misspelling and the unamused expression!

“Kevin plush” - Oh my gosh, the plush is so adorable! I also adore Russell’s cheeky grin.

Well, you have a knack for drawing Russell for sure. My advise is to work on Kevin and Dug, and maybe try out Carl for a change too! Oh, and it would be great if you could draw some Wall-E and Incredibles fan art… maybe Ratatouille too, since you mentioned you like to draw animals?

Aw hey, thanks guys! I was feeling rather down today and you made me feel a bit better. Thanks for that. :slight_smile:

I’ll work on Kevin and Dug. Lol, actually I think the way I draw Russell is the worst of the whole Up gang xD; But still, thanks!

I’ve drawn Remy once though because I love rats… hah

Sorry for double post.

Yeah, what do you know, I was bored…

Lol, my family saw Up today, they loved it. 8D

Awww, that’s a cute drawing of Russell & Kevin! :slight_smile: Nice job, once again, Badger! It’s a pretty darn good drawing, that you did when you were bored! (I pretty much suck when I’m bored and drawing scribbles random drawings of lines and stuff) It looks kinda funny that Russell’s hair and Kevin’s hair are both the same colour 'cause it looks like that their hairs are attatched to each other. :laughing: I think next time, you should maybe put a grey or white outline in between so you can tell that their hairs aren’t attatched to each other and that they could become a new form of interspecies. Other than that, keep up with those drawings, Badger, and maybe you can do some Wall-E drawings, too. :slight_smile:

That’s a really good sketch of Russell and Kevin, Badger! I like your style of colouring slightly outside the lines and keeping the lineart simple whilst having different shades of colour inside of it. Kevin looks a little unbalanced on her feet, but aside from that this sketch is great! You’ve captured the shape of Kevin’s face, especially her beak, really well.

Your drawings are awesome Badger! It takes practice to draw people, but your Russel drawings are great! (I’m also used to drawing animals more than people)

You should draw Russel holding a skunk and he would be like,“Can I keep it?” and Carl could have a scared look on his face and say,“No!”
Just a random idea I had.

Hurrah! I’m not alone! lol

Lolz, I actually had an idea like that once… only it was with Mario and Luigi. xD That was about a year old though. Nevertheless, that sounds like a cool idea. Must draw, anyway. :stuck_out_tongue: