Are you an animal lover?

I’m not a huge animal lover, though I do like reptiles, mostly lizards.

I’ve been watching a bunch of Crocodile Hunter and Irwin Family related videos online recently (RIP Steve!) Any other fans of his here?

^I’m a Steve fan!!

Anyway, my dog Napoleon is awesome!! Best dog ever. And he has inner ear problems, so he doesn’t get loud.

Yeahh, I think I was talking about Animal Welfare. I must have just automatically just said rights since I spent the last two days talking about rights and what rights people have, etc.
I remember Steve, I was never really a fan- not that I didn’t like him. I just didn’t really know who he was. But my dad liked him. :slight_smile: x

Here’s my favorites!

Dog Breed: Australian Shepard

Land Mammal: Mountain Lion (aka Puma/Cougar/Panther/Catamount)

Sea Mammal: Killer Whale

Reptile: Diamondback Rattlesnake

Bird: Parrots/Macaws

I’m an animal lover, thanks to having a dog, turtles and fishes as family pets, and a love for nature documentaries.

I believe animals should not be used for scientific experiments, entertainment (unless it’s for a one-off movie and under close supervision), and hunting sports.

I am alright, however, with animals used for human consumption (under human conditions if domesticated, and hunted sustainably if wild), labour (again, within reasonable limits and not mistreated), and as pet companionship (obtained through legal means and not through illegal wildlife smuggling or of an endangered species).

Favourite animals

Dog Breed: Labrador Retriever (from personal experience, we named him ‘Shadow’ <3)

Land Mammal: Painted Horse

Sea Mammal: Bottlenose Dolphin

Reptile: Ball Python

Bird: Scarlet Macaw/Cockatoo (You know the Blue-and-Gold Macaw image for Mac’s login screen? I’ve been wearing that ever since I first used my Macbook Pro :wink:)

Fish: Clownfish

Insect: Monarch butterfly

Looking at this after a long time, I am pleasantly surprised how many people here really DO love animals, as opposed to being Animal Rights activists who don’t want anyone to interact with them. The latter is why I don’t watch Animal Planet and am trying to make others to do the same: since being bought by an Animal Rights organization, its main purpose is to demonize all who own a pet that is not a dog or cat, the former proving among the most dangerous, statistically speaking, despite what Fatal Attractions is trying to manipulate people to think. Not that I’m for ANY dangerous animal being kept as a pet; however, it needs to be acknowledged how many responsible owners there are of some, especially the few dangerous species of reptiles, which have proven relatively popular, especially large constricting snakes.

But I don’t want even this thread to turn into an Animal Rights debate; I digress.

In lighter news relating to animals, I’m going to a reptile program being shown at my college, later today! Hopefully we’ll get to handle an adult Burmese Python or some other large reptile! :smiley:

yes, I am. I have 3 dogs, all them are schnauzer

I love animals, my favorites are dogs… I had an Airedale Terrier for the first 14 years of my life.

Today I had an animal full day!

In my Fish and Wildlife Conservation class, we went out to a Wildlife Rescue. It’s a hospital for local injured wildlife, however there are a bit of animals there that can’t be released back into the wild.

There were foxes, coyotes (one with a neruological disorder and the other only had 3 legs), two Mountain Lions (one had three legs), skunk, oposssum, raccoons, squirrels, hawks, and a bobcat.

It was a lot of fun learning about local wildlife, and seeing my favorite animal (The Mountain Lion) up close!

Wow EJE. I have a feeling that you had an amazing time with the animals.

Yep! The mountain lion even hissed at me!

Wow, Kenzie! Sounds like you had an awesome time.

Dude, if a mountain lion hissed at me, I think I would be petrified.

Wow! Hope that meant it liked you (not as food), like my mom says :smiley:
When we were at the zoo once, a mountain lion tried to hunt my friend’s 5-year-old brother! I mean, it was just following him (in its cage, of course) and stared at him, looking ready to start attacking. That was a bit amusing, since there was no way the lion could leave the cage, but that was somewhat scary, too. o_0

Mountain Lions in captivity are known to do this! Even the guide at the Wildlife Rehab I was at said that the cats liked to stalk small children :laughing:

TSS: I’m chill with Mountain Lions hissing at me…as long as there is a fence between us! In the wild I’d be petrifyed!

Today I walked into my bathroom to find my dog and cat sleeping peacefully side by side on the mat.

My dog and my cat hate each other…

Same with my cat and dog! Only they’d never, EVER be sleeping by each other. We have to be careful that they’re not at the same place at the same time or trust me, there will be blood!

That sounds terrible! There must be a lot of trouble with them. How do they ever get along?
[size=85]I’ve only seen a “dog and cat” pair once… They’ve got strange friendship (for example, the dog carries the cat by his head and he doesn’t mind), but they are good friends after all.[/size]

Me and my sister are the only ones in our family that like animals,