Anyone else thinks kids channels suck today?

Co-sign!

Yes, i also agree with the sense that these children’s shows are losing the creativity and spark, and even, some of the smart intelligent things that these cartoons could coin up. So far, I’ve seen dirt after dirt of embarrassment while i continue to witness these so called awesome shows. Are they even trying anymore, is what i’m wondering? The old shows like Ed Edd and Eddy and Courage the Cowardly Dog, now those had great influence back when good shows were being made carefully, when this new trash that the kids pick at us is flowing continuously and dangerously. And, have you noticed that this is also true with movies as well? Notice how they’re remaking old classics from the '80s and assuming that we can live in another decade of the '80s? Not to say that were going to be wearing acid wash jeans, gym outfits and tight pants, or saying that the '80s was bad, but that was then and this is now, what happened to our imagination?

Not all cartoons from the 90s were perfect. It’s just that the ones that WERE are the ones we remember. Nobody’s going to remember Johnny Test in ten years, and even if they do, it’ll be in an “I remember that” way, not a “shows like that used to be so awesome” way.

You see those goggles you’re wearing? They’re called nostalgia goggles. Take them off and you’ll see the world in a whole new light.

Were the others you’ve seen from after John K. was fired? The show stopped being worth the pencils used to draw it after that point.

Haha, that is a perfect way to describe it! (worth the pencils used to draw after that point). I like all episodes from Kilted Yaksman and before. After John K. was fired, they should of just layed the show to rest.

When browsing through some old Nickelodeon commercials on YouTube one time I found this video that shows an old Nick promo of “Who draws Ren & Stimpy?” that was made after Games started doing the episodes. [url]- YouTube

It’s pretty obvious now that it’s kind of a cover-up for John K. being fired cause Nick didn’t want the kids to know about all the grief the show went through behind-the-scenes, though I suppose they weren’t being completely dishonest at that point since the people in the interview really were the ones making the show then.

Phineas and Ferb is great. good plot, character, music. Let’s hope it last a while. Alot of my favosite cartoons didsn’t last long like American Dragon, Avatar: The Last Airbender. I remember when Phineas and Ferb first permerd, I was like, “This show is gonna suck.” But I was wrong and I liked it.

Wow. That commercial’s depressing.

“People can relate to them, they see alot of themselves in them”

Is that why you turned Ren into an unsympathetic jerk, Mr. Camp? I believe were the one who rewrote John K’s ending in the finished-by-Games episode Ren’s Pecs to have Ren abandon Stimpy instead of giving up fame and fortune to be with him.

adventure time and regular show are basically the only reasons i watch tv anymore. they make me smile and they remind me of things like invader zim, rocko, or ren & stimpy.

disney is just chock-full of tween melodrama, although phineas & ferb is pretty good.

i’ve basically lost faith in nickelodeon. what on earth happened to spongebob and the fairly odd parents ajfdgdgkl i can’t even.

I think I know exactly what you mean dude. For nickelodeon , I miss Fairly Odd Parents the most.

Quoted For Truth.

But… I like my nostalgia goggles. :frowning:

Perhaps the poorly done Dutch dubs in this area are to blame rather than the series themselves… hm.

I grew up in the UK and in the early 2000s, so I can’t be passionate enough to hate these shows.

Cartoon Network is bringing new shows which, from what I’ve seen, I quite like. I also like the shows Flapjack and Chowder. They do show live action but they also show old reruns. Neither which I get :smiley: :frowning:
Unfortunately one of the new new shows problem solverz literally looks like it was done in bad flash. Be warned.

Nickelodeon has the problems with Spongebob. Cancelling shows for Spongebob, merchandise for Spongebob, 2/3 of Viacom’s income from Spongebob (or so I’v heard), etc. I’m not into too much I guess except iCarly and Victorious (but less). Anyone think TUFF Puppy is going to be canceled for Spongebob?
And BTW, I hate Fanboy and Chum Chum. Even the intro is retarded.

Disney Channel is repeating the kid com fpormula, even with Good Luck Charlie (but some Zack and Cody episodes seem good now). But then there’s stuff good like Phineas and Ferb, Fish Hooks (not as good but I like it) and inbetween stuff like Have a Laugh and Cars Toons.
But I can tell that the kid coms have bad writing. And Shake it Up is on the Wiki page shows considered the worst. But there’ll probably keep running it due to ratings.

Hooray! Someone else who likes Fih Hooks!

they’ll cancel ~anything for spongebob. it’s their baby. i don’t see the point, though, unless they intend on making it good again. or decent.

i’m glad nickelodeon passed on adventure time when they had the chance. because if they did end up doing it (instead of cartoon network), it’d probably be invader zim all over again, what with it being canned because adults are watching it rather than their “target audience.”

I am a fan of Spongebob, but I defintely think the show has overstayed it’s welcome. It’d been going down hill for quite sometime. Just cancel it while it still has a little bit of dignity left.

Say it isn’t so! It only has a line of merchandise, two movies planned, an in break spin off and a possible spin off. Oh, wait…
Speaking of DC, they have a rule where due to their demographic, they cancel a show after 65 episodes. But it’s not like Nick or CN did that with ANY of their shows. Although this might cancel kid coms earlier on, it can mean cancelling shows we actually like. Lilo and Stitch the Series only had 65 episodes. Thanks to that godamn rule. Even a new show set to air on CN has 80 episodes ordered, and that’s more than several DC shows ever had. And where’s the boxset?

That rule has been broken a few times. Kim Possible ran for a total of 87 episodes during their four-season span from 2002-2007 (there was a break in 2006), and Hannah Montana (which just ended) had reached 85 before beginning their final season, Hannah Montana Forever.

Either that i’m growing too old to like shows that target the young, or that creativity is being less regarded under just more money. Like they need anymore?

Isn’t there a more reasonable way to use that money? Like, Japan?

I’m going to make a topic about their ‘Upfront’ announcements.

Actually, I take my earlier opinion back, 'cuz one of my friends just showed me a few episodes of Adventure Time yesterday, and it’s awesomely hilarious. :smiley:

Have you seen The Regular Show yet?