An alternate outcome for Lotso? SPOILERS

Actually, I think you guys are right about lotso being strapped to the truck is a good punishment for him. Plus when you think about it, after spending a lot of time on the truck, lotso could’ve been broken by rain, mud, or bugs building nests inside of him and the garbage man would have to throw him away. But this time lotso would be killed by the shredder because there is nobody there to save him now. So the truck was an excellent punishment.

I think it was a very lame punishment for Lotso. Maybe a better punishment could be giving Lotso to a three year old who is constantly bullying him or something like that.
I know it´s cruel but Lotso is just a total jerk D:

I dunno, I think that would leave the ending too open. When the kid grows up Lotso won’t be bullied anymore, and he could always manipulate the other toys at the house into doing his bidding. In the garbage truck ending, Lotso is permanently unable to move, is never played with, will get covered in bugs and risks getting run over of he falls off of the truck. I think it’s quite satisfying as an ending.

Also, gving him to a kid he won’t like would be too similar to the ending of Toy Story 2. Still would be a good punishment though.

There really wouldn’t be too many options for keeping Lotso alive, yet making sure he gets paid back. Though, I’d love to hear other peoples’ suggestions.

I actually really wanted Lotso to be redeemed, I genuinly cared about him, however evil he was, and it saddened me to see him leave the toys to die in the incinerator, not just because of the toys being left in that situation (though that was mortifying of course) but for the fact Lotso really did seem like he’d seen right from wrong, but he hadn’t.

I do think his fate should have been much more harsh though, given the fact that he didn’t end up redeeming himself.

I always thought it would have been cool if Sid had ended up getting Lotso, I would like Lotso to have the same fate (getting attached to the truck) but instead of it being a random garbage man, I think if Sid had ended up with him on Sid’s truck it would have been intresting (showing Sid still does have some love for toys, or the torture there of).

I would have wanted the toys to get back at him in some way. I’ll just leave it at that.

I think Lotso has a bad rep for no reason i mean he is a jerk but common doesnt anyone have any pity on him he loved this little girl daisy who was his owner and then one day she just leaves him in the park then he travels a long hard trip to get back to daisy the one he loves then he see’s the window and finally feels some happiness that hes made it home only to get to the window and see hes been replaced by another lotso i mean if that happend to me i think i might be a little bitter as well so give the guy a break i really wish he wouldve been reedeemed cause i think he was just a hurt and troubled character sad ending for lotso but he deserved it in the end…

So you were sad when Hopper died?

If you wanted to see him really go down and disapointed he didn’t, dont’ worry. I have an idea for a fanfiction in the works called Toy Story 4: Toys Go Hollywood.

In it, Lotso is out for revenge, and at the very end, Lotso dies …piece by piece by piece by bloody piece, just like Chucky does at the end of every Child’s Play movie.

Sounds cool, right ?

Yes!!! :smiley:

Back on topic, i would liked lotso to be tied in the truck by andys toys

We all know that. What makes him so despised is [spoil]how he truns him back on the toys who saved his life and seemingly dooms them to a fiery death. And these are some beloved characters he’s killing.[/spoil]

I agree he deserved what happend to him for abandoning the toys who saved his life i just wish he would of been redeemed because he was a cool character that just had problems

When you think about it long enough, having what happened to Lotso was a perfect way to get his comeuppance. Some people say that because he’s tied to the front of a garbage truck, he will never experience love again. But consider this: Lotso’s firm belief is that children don’t love toys and that toys are just trash to be thrown away. ]But when the garbage man finds Lotso he excitedly states that he had one as a kid, and he smells Lotso out of nostalgia. The garbage man tied Lotso to his truck not to be mean but to show his love for the toy by saving him from the garbage. It also was a way for the garbage man to keep Lotso as a memory of his childhood. This pretty much shows Lotso that children DO love their toys.So in a way, Lotso finally got back the love he had lost, but in a way that he deserved.

That’s a really good way of looking at it. Not only does Lotso get proven wrong, he gets to feel it for a long time. He doesn’t get his punishment Physically, but instead gets whats coming to him emotionally.

Hi! I’m new here!

I believe Lotso should not die, I have a story that was finished about Lotso trying to return to Daisy, called Lotso Happiness.
I’m putting the link here, if you want to read it.
[url]HugeDomains.com

I agreed that kids suffered enough with the incinerator scene. Besides, who cannot forget,
WHERE’S YOUR KID NOW, SHERIFF?

lol !

I think it was a good punishment. I mean he said kids don’t care for toys, well obviously the trash man who picked him up loved him, like he said he had one these as a kid. So Lotso gets to learn the truth about kid’s care for toys but the hard way. I think it fit perfectly for a punishment.