What became of Al?

Something has kept me wondering what happened to Al after the events of Toy Story 2 and during the events of Toy Story 3. I know at the end of Toy Story 2, he is shown crying over his loss of fortune in his latest commercial, but what do you think could have happened to him after that?

A VERY early version of Toy Story 3 had Al’s Toy Barn being sold and becoming Hal’s Toy Barn. I like to think that’s what actually happened. I can see Al doing telemarketing after that, for some reason. xD

Very cool, where’d you find that? I can see the new “HAl’s Toy Barn” sign with an uppercase “A” from the original sign, Heh. I can see telemarketing too, you’re probably getting it from when he haggles with the owner of the Museum. “How about we add another 1 and a few 0’s to the deal?” I still don’t know why he says “Don’t touch my moustache” though…

Lol, Al doing telemarketing. I can only imagine.

“Don’t touch my moustache” is an english mnemonic for “You’re welcome” in Japanese apparently.

I can totally see him being a telemarketer.

And I think they should’ve given him (or his Toy Barn!) a quick mention in TS3, we’re kinda left hanging in regards to Al.

Haha, that Hal’s Toy Barn idea is funny!

I can see him losing a lot of money, growing old and fat and still living with his mother. And perhaps doing some cosplaying or playing RPGs and dressing up as a warlock on the side.

I think he has no work anymore and is just watching TV day & night with a big bowl of chips :laughing:

Yeah… he sits around and watches Woody’s Roundup (wishing he still had the toys). (hehe 8D )

LOL! I bet that’s what happened. :stuck_out_tongue:

He’s a hobo who lives under the bridge near my house. No, really, it looks just like him.

I imagined he would of gotten a toupee to replace his combover :laughing:

ROFL!

Lol, there’s some really funny suggestions here! :smiley:

For some reason I remember seeing the picture of Hal’s Toy Barn somewhere but can’t remember. I think it was in the Art of Toy Story 3 book.

He’s going to end up like The Walking Man of Sonoma. You’d all think that was funny and hilarious if you grew up where I did! He’s a local legend.

I’d like to imagine that he just continued running Al’s Toy Barn, since it was a hit in the Tri-County Area, and possibly advances with his Roundup Gang collection (not likely due to the rarity, but it would be funny to see the personality of a new Roundup Gang). Sorry, my prediction is a bit boring.

Haha, it’s pronounced “do-i-tashi-mashi-te”. Sort of similar.

That makes sense. Ever since I noticed he says “Don’t Touch My Moustache”, other than being really funny, I always thought it had to be something said in Japanese that sounds like the phrase. So, that makes sense.

That’s a good suggestion actually. What I don’t understand though is that he wants money from rare collectible toys, yet you think he’d be rich enough with him running a chain of toy stores. :confused:

Well, he is really greedy. The more for him the better I suppose.