Buzz Lightyear compare (movie vs TSC) toy

i think this is quite fun to compare between the movie Andy’s Buzz Lightyear toy with our Buzz Lightyear toy (Toy Story Collection line by Thinkway toys) in detail.

i make this just for fun, Thinkway already give a spectaculer Buzz Toy to us,maybe for some reason their Buzz can’t make 100% accurate to the movie,so lets check it out :

1. The FACIAL expression
    -movie

-TSC

reason : maybe disney*pixar not give thinkway the right data to fit the Toy mode movie

1. The WING
    -movie

more long and thin,and all in transparant purple,also have the electronical pop out and pop in on the red chest button
    -TSC

shorter,thicker,and not all being transparant,and just have the pop out action

reason : this is a child toy,if the wings are to thin,maybe its easy to broke…and maybe the backpack can’t keep more longer wings

and cause of this,it makes the :
3. Backpack
-movie

-TSC

its too thick for the TSC toys

1. Articulation
    *hand articulation
    -movie

-TSC

*also the armpit articulation (you know what),the black area on his shoulder (can seen from the no.7 pic) the TSC one can’t go straight down,it must be a ball joint that rotate that black area,not only the gray area.

1. Helmet
    -movie

-TSC

not fully opened,just a half,and also doesn’t have the electronical close and open button for his helmet.and also miss the little sculp on the front part

reason : maybe no space to hide all of his helmet into his body

1. Green Part of his upper palm
    we can see from above picture (pic on no.4) ,the movie one has a bigger green area and the TSC not

2. The BOX

because of the armpit articulation,it made his box is wider and box-er than the original movie…and all of the TSC logo,try me logo,65 phrases logo,and also the back of the box is not accurate wich is the TSC have its picture and the original not.

3. Karate Chop feature
    doesnt work at the TSC
    reason: maybe its too hard,because of the backpack is already filled with electronical wings and it just covered the wings

maybe that’s all i can tell
so there is 8 point that make the TSC Buzz inaccurate to the movie,but still the TSC Buzz is cool,wich is has a cool electronical feature and sculpt
i made it just for fun, Thinkway such a great toy productor. The buzz they made for us is amazing… :slight_smile:

Thanks for the comparrison. Although you forgot the karate chop action (although it wasn’t included to begin with). They should’ve had the black socket around his shoulder be a ball joint, so he could at least cross his hands and put them straight down.

For the record, Buzz’s “toy mode” facial expression is rather inconsistent, and it looks different in all three movies.

The Toy Story 1 version almost creeps me out a little, especially since his eyes aren’t even looking in the same direction.

In Toy Story 2, the face is similar, but the eye focus is improved. And for whatever reason, the other Buzz figures on the shelves, as well as Andy’s Buzz when in toy mode, seem to be smiling more noticable than Utility Belt Buzz, whose mouth is very much like the TS1 facial expression:

For Toy Story 3 the face is quite a bit like TS2, but the whole expression is “brightened” if you will, with better eye focus, a less harsh pose for the eyebrows and more noticeable smile:

The TSC Buzz has almost the same facial expression that the Toy Story 3 version uses, but his eyes are partly closed. The eyebrows and grin are quite similar, though. And, as has been pointed out before, the helmet is missing the small grooved tab on the front.

So when they said TSC Buzz was made “straight from Pixar’s digital data” I wonder if it was the digital data for Toy Story 3.

Haha. I remember that, a couple of times, I felt that my toys had a different expression than they had before. Maybe Andy felt the same thing when his Buzz face changed 8D

The japanese disneystore actually sells a fully articulated Buzz (wrists properly jointed) which appears to be the same size as the TSC Buzz, maybe the arms would fit?

You sure your not talking about the revoltech Buzz? that’s the only wrist articulated Buzz that I know of, and he inst to scale at all.

And wouldn’t this be better fit in the TSC thread? in fact I’m pretty sure we’ve already had posts in it like this.

The Toy Story Collection’s face was made the way John Lasseter thought it should be, not aiming to be a replica.

Between Toy Story and Toy Story 2, I thought the faces were pretty identical, and that the minor changes could be blamed on perspective. Toy Story 3 really threw things off. The eyebrows were changed, his eyelids disappeared, and his smile has been changed. I guess they wanted him to be happier. I guess it could be explained by how Woody’s face changes in the beginnning of the movie when he’s still in toy mode, but Buzz never changed in the movie.

BTW Kyle’s right (I was the one who made that box comparisson picture), but I still appreciate the conversation. At least it’s constructive.

thanks Toodles and Dinoco :smiley:

i will update it,with the karate chop action and the inconsistent facial expresion…

maybe pixar do that,similar to the improvement of the pixar quality of animation?that can make a better “human” face expresion.so,it always updated till the toy story 3.

Kyle,at the first,im thinking about post this at the TSC thread…but at the end i change it and make a new thread.because i think in TSC thread,it just talk about the toy,and not the detail comparison to the film,or pixar data or etc…

so i make it here :slight_smile:

BTW does anyone have the Disney Store Buzz that has all of those features that the TSC can’t do?

i never saw it…can you share the link?

disneystore.com/action-figur … 909/11798/

It’s nice to see what is diffrent from real life, and whats in the TS movies.
People sometimes can’t get them right. :laughing:

Very interesting comparisons there, silicagel! But I think this discussion would be best in the Thinkway’s Toy Story Collection thread, so I’ll lock this one up now.