unreleased Toy Story 3 game

These are some screen shots from a prototype that was done by the team behind The Incredibles on the XBOX, PS2 & Gamecube. The game was going to play like Mario 64 and instead of jumping into paintings you’d be going into memories. It would recap all the major moments of toy story 1 &2 as well as everything from 3.

So is this from the new game coming out or is it really just a prototype? I actually like the idea of going through the previous films so I hope they keep that (or most likely it’ll be used for a LEGO Toy Story game). I also love how one of the posters in the 2nd screenshot is the VHS cover for Tiny Toy Stories.

as I understood it, this version has been canceled and will not release. disney decided to go with another idea.

which is a real shame, because I’m actually pretty impressed by these shots. sure, it could use more polish, but as a proof of concept, wow, it looked like it could have been great.

I like their take on Andy’s room. Especially that by plane model there. a nice little touch that isnt in the movie as far as I can tell. its like a nod to the original kiddy plane he used to have, but now its the adult version.

Any one notice the cars poster.

Awww, what a shame this was canceled. It’s brilliant. I would have loved this idea

One thing I hope for, is the ability to play as others than just Woody and Buzz…like, Jessie, Bullseye and Slinky at least.

Too bad this got cancelled. The screenshots do look pretty good and the idea of playing events from the first two movies sounds pretty cool. Also, anything that mentions Mario 64 in it’s description is going to instantly peak my interest.

anyone else notice Slinky and a Lgm in the second shot, or Mr. Potato Head in the third?

That looks really impressive, similar to the TS2 game for the PS/N64. If the final version has similar gameplay to this, then I’ll be happy.

Where did you get these shots, anyway?

I’d also like to know where these shots came from…also found a finding nemo poster(second picture behind slinky’s head).

This version was cancelled? Man! At least they’re still coming out with an different version.

Aw man! This looked fantastic! I loved Toy story 2 on the PSOne and I imagine this would of been no different.

The new trailer for the official game!!
guardian.co.uk/technology/ga … me-trailer

Looks awesome so far :smiley:

to bad it was cancelled, looks good.

The ‘memories’ idea sounds pretty fun, since those gameplay options weren’t available at the time of the games’ original releases. I would personally love to play that video game that Rex was playing in the beginning of Toy Story 2 (although Zurg looks a little too big, and his animation is a bit crude). And the Crane Game scene looks awesome just because it was rendered so well.
Andy’s room also looks like a cool area to play in (the posters are also a nice touch). I’m sad they scrapped the idea.
I’m not completely sold with the new game yet, though. The customization looks fun, but so far, I’m only seeing Sunnyside and Woody’s Roundup scenes.

Unless you’ve seen that version in motion, you cant judge the animation of any of these shots. Remember, animation requires movement.

As for his size, consider this is what might have happened if Rex didn’t die. maybe Zurg grows at one point during this boss fight.

I’m not talking about gameplay or anything, just the general idea of it sounds fun.

Your Zurg theory is possible, but I don’t think he’s had growing powers anywhere else. But then again in the “video game world” anything can happen.

I like how there’s a Findin Nemo poster in his room!

I believe there’s also a Tin Toy poster. :smiley:

This looked really fun.