New Toy Story 3 Images

This picture was just released on AOL’s moviefone page:

I REALLY REALLY love this picture, as it shows the toy’s short lived excitement at being in the daycare, with Woody being the only one that’s aware of their eminent doom.
[url]http://www.moviefone.ca/2009/12/10/toy-story-3-photo-exclusive/[/url]

Heh, beat me to it. I just came here to post this.

All I have to add is, that daycare looks way more fun than any one Ive been to as a kid. love the design of it.

I know! Can’t wait to get the Art of Toy Story 3!

Haha, I wonder why Mrs. Potato Head is missing an eye. :laughing:

I agree, this picture looks great, lovely colours and the design of the daycare is very cool. And I definitely agree with you Pixar Builder, the way Woody seems to have a bad feeling about the whole situation is quite amusing…I especially like how Jessie is looking at him, almost like, “oh, come on Woody, it isn’t that bad! See?”

Thanks for posting this, Pixar Builder!

I love it! The toys don’t know what they are in for. (Except Woody).

This picture is going to be my new wallpaper. ;D

I love this, I can already see the scene in motion. The camera either starts from afar and slowly pans in or vice versa. All the toys are letting out little oohs and ahhs and Jessie’s exclaiming her happiness, but Woody just looks upon in horror, and is about to tell them what the place really is…

But I thought Woody stays at home with Andy when the toys are sent off…because Andy decided to keep him for sentimental reasons or something. Oh well, we’ll see…

I love the design of the daycare. It reminds me a lot of how I remember my preschool back in 1994: vibrant colors, autumn leaves in the background, the mobiles hanging from the ceiling. Can’t wait to see the concept art!

really interesting picture, hope they show us a bit more of the movie, the third trailer should show us scenes o the streets with spanish buzz

I have this picture set as my desktop background. it’s awesome. maybe mrs.potato head loses her eye in the story? probably after that bit in the trailer after her and mr. potato head are giving each other back there parts. although, this picture is probably set before they get played with in day care centre.

I don’t think so, at least not anymore. Based on the Toy Story 3 trailer, she seems to have lost her eye way before the daycare scene, when they are in Andy’s Room. Perhaps Andy just lost it, or maybe it got stuck at the bottom of the toy chest.

I reckon that’d be right…it’s a sign of how much time has passed between now and the last film. Toys usually become worn or have missing parts over time.

I’ve gotta say, I’m loving this image. I don’t think it’s actually a screenshot though ([spoil]since Woody arrives at the daycare separately, right?[/spoil]), but rather a promo image…kind of like this shot from Toy Story 2:

Wait, how do you know this? Please tell me, I’d really like to know because I was thinking the same thing as well.

She doesnt, she’s assuming that based on other things we have heard. I could see it going either way though. we know Woody attempts to [spoil]save the toys from going into the trash compactor, so its clear they get separated at some point, but for how long, who knows. [/spoil]they might arrive separate or together. all depends on what higinks they get into while he’s [spoil]attempting to save them[/spoil].

I think he comes later, at least based on the trailer. If you look at the Daycare children handling Andy’s toys, you can see them demolishing Buzz, Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head, Rex, Slinky Dog, Jessie, Bullseye and while the Green Aliens weren’t really seen tortured you see them when the kids run in. I can’t find Woody anywhere else until he’s talking to the rest of the toys. Plus if you notice, all the other toys seem to have paint blemishes as a result of the children’s mistreatment, while Woody on the other hand is perfectly clean. I have no idea what this means, just find it interesting.

I guess I can’t really know for sure, but in the trailer, when the kids in the daycare first appear, all the toys are strewn about on the floor, except for Woody, who’s nowhere to be seen. Also, when he did appear, he didn’t have any crayon/paint stains like the others. It left me with the impression that he arrived after the other toys.

Edit: Ah I see you’ve already noticed all of this! I went away from the computer mid-response and came back again after a while to post.

Yeah, I’m really just basing it on the trailer. I haven’t heard anything from anywhere else about the story.

(Also, I’m a “she” :slight_smile:)

What can I say Sunny? Great minds think alike.

They do indeed! :smiley:

Here’s a theory I just came up with:

They all arrive at the daycare together (based on the sunnyside box still), with the Toys being excited and Woody scared to death, being the only one truly knowledgeable to what a Daycare is like. Then, all the toys but Woody stay out, anxious to be played with (shown in the trailer with Rex standing in front of the door), while Woody hides. This would not only be a logical explanation to Woody being at the daycare early, but also him being more clean, because he hid from the kids while his friends got trashed (which reminds me of how he left Buzz out on the floor in Sid’s room and said "Fine, let Sid trash you but don’t blame me). I have a feeling it’ll kinda be the same situation.

Any other thoughts? Oh, but I’m not sure about the whole trash compactor scene. Maybe between Woody seeing Mom pick up the Trash bag and peeking out the Window, she opens it, realizes what it is, and grabs another trash bag instead, making Woody think it’s still his friends

Since this is the combined thread for new Toy Story pictures, here are the other new promo images that were released recently:

empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=26530

media2.slashfilm.com/slashfilm/i … A51C89.jpg

I guess the last image means they got out some how. The other image is just a little confusing, wonder when that happens, or will it be just a deleted scene? Looks like there in a Van, the doors opean in the background. There in the Sunnyside box, so that’s either after all that stuff happened or before. Like say, Woody found every one a home and is trying to decide if he should stay with them or go back to Andy? Or he’s trying to help them, tells them to remain and comes back with a better idea to let them out, which is at night time from the looks of things from the trailer. Man I wish the film would get here sooner.