Pixar Planet

Toy Story 3 Pixar References

This is the history of Pixar Planet. Threads that are past their prime are preserved here in an unaltered fashion for the future enjoyment of all. No posts may be added in this forum.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby Pixar Builder » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:43 pm

I'm also really glad that the [spoil]Pizza Planet Truck[/spoil] seems to be back in Toy Story 3 as well, and with a larger role than just a simple cameo. Can't wait to see what Deus Ex Machina it serves in this film.
Join our new Flickr Group Pixar Planet Pixels today!

Pixar Builder
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Bryko614 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:59 pm

Kyle: They hired a new kid, Charlie Bright, to play young Andy.
Bryko614
Upcoming Pixar • Chief Writer

Postby MIKE WAZOWSK-E » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:57 am

It comes out today! I may try to spot spotted cameos in the film.
MIKE WAZOWSK-E
Garbage Boy

Postby TylerHaslett » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:02 am

[spoil]The toys hitch a ride on the pizza planet truck. Yes, again. Didnt expect pixar to reuse it like that.[/spoil]

EDIT- Please use spoiler tags when revealing what happens in a film that hasn't yet been released worldwide.

-lizardgirl
TylerHaslett

Postby Dinoco » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:05 am

Yeah, they definately score a point for being creative there (it would have been hard to use it in any scenario).

[spoil]Had the toys known it, there would be a "thank you Sid!" moment all over again at the end. Does Erik von Detten still voice him, by the way?[/spoil]
Dinoco
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Kyle » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:25 am

Bryko614 wrote:Kyle: They hired a new kid, Charlie Bright, to play young Andy.
Just now reading this, thanks for the info.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby TylerHaslett » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:07 am

TylerHaslett

Postby Bryko614 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:22 am

TylerHaslett wrote:http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=67118

Finn! Good find.

Also, i was listening to Lee Unkrich on some podcast yesterday and he said a 6 Million Dollar Man lunchbox appears in the movie. [spoil]Buzz grabs onto it when the metal flies towards the ceiling at the dump.[/spoil] If you don't know, that was one of Lee's favorite toys as a kid.
Bryko614
Upcoming Pixar • Chief Writer

Postby TylerHaslett » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:37 am

Bryko614 wrote:
TylerHaslett wrote:http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=67118

Finn! Good find.

Also, i was listening to Lee Unkrich on some podcast yesterday and he said a 6 Million Dollar Man lunchbox appears in the movie. [spoil]Buzz grabs onto it when the metal flies towards the ceiling at the dump.[/spoil] If you don't know, that was one of Lee's favorite toys as a kid.

Awesome easter egg! And the toy version from the show was used for inspiration on Buzz as well.
TylerHaslett

Postby Small Mailman » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:41 pm

They missed one! Bonnie has a Wally B. sticker right on her backpack! That one took me a while to confirm, you never really see a clear shot of it in the film.
"Why's he with that Small Mailman!"~Gamma
Small Mailman
Shark Bait

Postby MIKE WAZOWSK-E » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:28 pm

TylerHaslett wrote:The toys hitch a ride on the pizza planet truck. Yes, again. Didnt expect pixar to reuse it like that.

They reuse a way that they reuse it, lol.
MIKE WAZOWSK-E
Garbage Boy

Postby openteng » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Small Mailman wrote:They missed one! Bonnie has a Wally B. sticker right on her backpack! That one took me a while to confirm, you never really see a clear shot of it in the film.

I saw the bee,too! :lol:
"Put That Thing Back Where it Came From Or So Help Me!"
openteng
Ant

Postby Dinoco » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:01 pm

This might seem a little bit out-there, but I'm pretty sure there's some references to the Toy Story video game. The applecore in Andy's room, and [spoil]Buzz climbing through the vending machine[/spoil] representing the Inside the Claw Machine level.

And the alarms from Sunnyside were recycled from the Toddle Tikes Firetruck alarm. Not sure if this was a reference or just a short cut, though.
Dinoco
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Flik-E » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:33 pm

Dinoco wrote:[spoil]Buzz climbing through the vending machine[/spoil] representing the Inside the Claw Machine level.

I think [spoil]Lotso's gang hiding inside the vending machine[/spoil] is more of a callback to the first film where Buzz climbs into the claw machine and encounters the aliens than the video game based on it. The thing I kind of laugh at now about the video game levels is how big they make everything inside the claw machine seem with the gears and mazes, when logically all they did was go through the small prize door and jump into where the aliens are.
Flik-E
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Dinoco » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:10 pm

Oh, and Andy's room is only about as big as a football field. I also thought Sid's room couldn't get worse, but when you add up the bug infestation and active fireworks, I think they might've topped it.
Dinoco
AXIOM Crewmember

PreviousNext

Return to Archives