Two Disney World monorails collide, killing one pilot.

attractionsmagazine.com/blog … monorails/

Also a thread at Mice Age with much information.

Oh, wow,… that’s terrible! Thank goodness there weren’t many on board, but that’s really sad. My condolences to the family and friends. :\

Glad that monorail wasn’t filled up. Horrible accident though.

Man, that’s a real bummer. It’s also kind of creepy to me; I just got back from Disney World a couple weeks ago. :confused:

That’s morbid. :confused:

My heart goes out to the deceased’s family and friends, but seriously, what is it with our fascination with human calamities?

Probably the reason why I hate tabloids, ‘current-affair’ shows and gossip magazines so much. Jeez, can we hear some good news for a change?

Probably because bad news grabs more attention, I guess.

RIP Mr Wuennenberg.

Except that tabloids take non-news, such as break ups, stupid rumors, etc, and try to make it news.

This is the first fatal accident on a Disney monorail since they first started running 38 years ago. It is news.

Well yeah, sorry about that remark about it not being newsworthy, yes, I suppose it’s important, and yes, I feel sorry for his family, rest his soul.

Guess I’m just tired from reading about all the recent deaths in the news (MJ, Fawcett, the girl who died after seeing Up, Wayne Allwine, David Carradine. Fara Foist, Billy Mays, Ed McMachon, a Sydney truckie who died by stray bullet…), s’all.

I know it’s a fact of life, but it gets pretty depressing.

Yeah, I read about this in the papers. A very sad incident indeed, and my condolences to the family of the monorail driver. He was so young, too.

This is grim news indeed. My condolences to his family.

Shame that for all the places for this to happen, it happens at a place like Disney World…

The Happiest Place on Earth…except for this situation.
Yeah, I agree that it’s sad that it happened in Disney World of all places. It’s good that there was no one else, but unfortunate that this caused a death on there for the first time in 38 years. R.I.P. Austin Wuennenberg. :frowning: I shall pray for his family and friends.

That’s awful! And quite shocking! My sympathies to that pilot’s friends and family…