Pixar Planet

I just noticed a funny little reference Pixar put into Up.

Talk about Pixar's Up here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

I just noticed a funny little reference Pixar put into Up.

Postby Disney_Guy » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Hey guys, I was just recently watching a clip from Up, and I noticed a little bit of audio that I heard from somewhere else, and made a little discovery...
For starters, here's the clip from Up I'm referring to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwPMKcYEkmw
(Warning, spoilers)
Pay attention to what's being said on the TV when Carl is watching.... The next Youtube clip will give away what Carl was really watching. :P

Here's the infomercial clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALob2IKOHD0
This is probably one of the funniest commercial "fails" ever. At about 20 seconds into the clip, I was actually surprised to hear the same thing that was heard in the clip.

Anyways, I felt like sharing my little discovery, cause I think it's quite funny. Has anyone else noticed this before, or am I the first to point it out? Pixar has a little sense of humor. :lol:
Disney_Guy
Garbage Boy

Postby lizardgirl » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:16 pm

Haha, yeah, someone else posted a link to that in a different thread, though I can't remember for the life of me who spotted it or in what thread they mentioned it in. Ultimate fail that guy is, definitely. :lol:
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby rachelcakes1985 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:49 am

Now that is epic failage right there. At first I thought it was a mistake because the presenter was standing behind the photo and perhaps couldn't see it, but then he started pointing at the moth and saying it was a horse, lol. Great how Pixar worked that in there. It makes me wonder if a Pixarian saw that clip on YouTube then suggested it be used in Up.
rachelcakes1985
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby thedriveintheatre » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:28 am

Haha, yeah, someone else posted a link to that in a different thread, though I can't remember for the life of me who spotted it or in what thread they mentioned it in.

That would be eatswithwolves in the "New Up clip on MSN" thead. He/she has only written one post, but it's the biggest in-joke discovery for Up yet. ;)

So you've watched the "Horse" clip before, Disney_Guy? Wow, you must have a good memory to remember that (although it's pretty memorable for being one of the biggest boo-boos on shopping channel).

What I find more amusing is that Carl's expression never changes even after the guy showed the "butterfly" picture. :lol: Poor gramps must be so spaced-out by media saturation, he didn't notice.
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Disney_Guy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:29 am

thedriveintheatre wrote:So you've watched the "Horse" clip before, Disney_Guy? Wow, you must have a good memory to remember that (although it's pretty memorable for being one of the biggest boo-boos on shopping channel).

Haha yeah, I've seen it before. When I watched that clip, the sound was so familiar so it got me thinking... Then I was like "Oh yeah!!" then looked up that infomercial clip on Youtube to see if it is indeed the same clip from the movie, and it was!

What I find more amusing is that Carl's expression never changes even after the guy showed the "butterfly" picture. Laughing Poor gramps must be so spaced-out by media saturation, he didn't notice.

Haha, it would be funny if they did that on purpose just to show how sour his attitude is. :P

rachelcakes1985 wrote:It makes me wonder if a Pixarian saw that clip on YouTube then suggested it be used in Up.

They probably put it in there intentionally after seeing it and finding it hilarious.
Disney_Guy
Garbage Boy

Postby Phileas » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:52 am

... but a butterfly is a horse, isn't it? Hey, isn't it? ... why has everyone gone silent all of a sudden?

I'm sure Pixar is at it again sneaking in modern cultural references. And that's what I love them - because they pay the closest attention, even sneaking in a reference of a shopping network.
Follow me & give me a shout on Twitter! @mr_poohbear
Phileas
Chief Operating Officer

Postby Pixar.rocks » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:50 pm

it's so cool, they really did a good job represent an old man doing nothing with his life yknow... :lol:
Pixar.rocks
Toy Collector

Postby Galvanic » Sun May 31, 2009 4:27 am

:lol: Because of you, I'm the only one in the theater who laughed at that moment. I don't think anyone else caught on. :wink:
Galvanic

Postby Barnaby » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:17 am

Even if no one got the reference there, having an old man sitting there watching an infomercial about a digital camera with 4X optical zoom and SD card was still a nice commentary on how disconnected Carl must feel with modern society. :)
Barnaby
Ant

Postby 1986 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:38 am

I laughed for like an hour after seeing that. He tried to cover it up pretty bad, didn't he?
Toy Story 3: greatest movie of the year.
Garbage Boy

Postby Captain Pixar » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:13 am

Hahahahhaaha!!! No way! That's awesome. Pixar is hyserical! To put that in Up is just genius, wow. Hahha. Amazing find!
Captain Pixar
Ant

Postby thewisecookiesheet » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:51 am

My what a lovely horse!

Actually, when I heard the commercial on the clip, I thought that Pixar had brought in the ShamWOW guy to do a little bit for them.

Guess not.

That is great :laugh:
thewisecookiesheet
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Hannahmation » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:05 am

Oh wow. That commercial made my night. A horse. Seriously. Too funny. :laugh:

I love Pixar even more for putting that in Up. :D
Hannahmation
Supah Genius In-Training

Postby TheIncredible » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:40 am

That may seriously be the funniest thing I've ever seen. I have been cracking up at that line in Up ever since the clip came out, now I know where it came from.
TheIncredible
Garbage Boy

Postby Colette Linguini » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:23 am

Haha!! Great discovery, Disney_Guy! That was hilarious. Thanks for sharing. :D
Colette Linguini
Garbage Boy

Next

Return to Up