TI 2 1/2-Troubled Teens

Is Troubled Teens better then Droid Revenge?

• Yes…very much.
  • No…Droid Revenge was better.
  • Somewhat…they are close to each other.

0 voters

[size=134]Troubled Teens[/size]

[size=117] This is an epilogue for The Terrific Three (and hopefully a TI3) which will include Dash, Electragirl, and Flex who are all in my Incredibles 2 (Droids Revenge) Story. This is Chris and Heathers story and how they met. Once they meet Dash at his house when the bad guys hit the story will skip and be continued in The Terrific Three. So this is a seperate adventure for Heather and Chris…I hope you all enjoy it.[/size]

Chapter 1
The Meeting

A young super weaved through the trees with a small breeze blowing behind
his back propelling him forward. The super looked normal but one look at his
eyes would give away his entire life. The struggles, the agony, and the pain.
The super softly landed on the ground with a soft thump. The ground beneath
him looked dark brown in the moonlight as the super moved to his left. A
rustle in the bushed beside him awoke the nerves of the super who instantly
posed into a fighting stance. The bushes parted revealing a girl of about 12
years looking out at the super.

“What are you doing here?” The super said as the girl walked out of the
bushes.

“I could say the same thing…whoever you are. I come here whenever I need to
get away. This is my hideout. Why are you here?”

“I just accidentally landed here. I’m running away…”

“Running Away!! Why??”

“My parents…”

The silence was enough to kill a cricket. Both just starred at each other without
saying anything. The girl didn’t want to press the super and the Super didn’t
want the upset the girl. Finally, the Super spoke up…

“Well I’d better get going…”

“You can stay if you want to…”

“No its okay I don…”

“No I insist. Here you can sit over there and we can talk.

“Well if you don’t min…”

“I don’t mind.”

Both sat down and as the boy looked around the girl explained the scenery.

“It looks different doesn‘t it. It’s from an island nearby the coast. I go there
every month to collect different bushes and trees to put here. I see if they can
grow in this condition. I have all types from bushes that only grow on islands
to cactus that only grow in the desert.”

“How do you keep them alive?”

The girl hesitantly replied. “I just feed them and watch them grow.”

With that, the two fell silent again but the super only looked at the girl. He soon
spoke his mind.

“I know your face from somewhere. I can’t put my finger on it though.”

“I go to school over at Perry Elementary.”

“Ohh…I see.”

“Where do you go??”

“I’m a super…I don’t go to school.”

“Lucky…”

The super looked away at the scenery to avoid the girls gaze as she said this.
The girl noticed him avoiding her but didn’t pay attention. She looked over at
the tulips and the daisies. Soon the night started to way heavily on their
sleepyheads. The girl started to sway in her cross-legged position and with a
slow rocking motion fell to her side asleep. The boy aroused by the noise of
the girl falling awoke from his glazed sleep and spreading his arms he flew
away into the night but not before giving the girl one of his coats.

It is looking like a good read Al-Bob. It has a sweet start and pretty heart-touching too. Keep it up.

Chapter 2

Week after week the two would met at the same spot. Every other week the girl would bring some art thing she had done and all the other weeks the super brought different seeds for her to plant.

“I thought you were running away?”

“I am…my parents don’t actually live here.”

“Where do your partents live?”

“Anywhere but here.”

“No…really. Where do they live?”

“Albequerque, New Mexico.”

“New Mexico??”

“Yah…”

“Did you have any siblings?”

“I have two. My brother who is 15 and my younger sister who is 8.”

“How old are you?”

“12…”

“Really, I’m 11. We would be in the same class together. If you went to school…
Did you ever go to school?”

“No…”

“Do you ever get lonely just being alone out here?”

“No…well, maybe.”

The wind began to rustle the trees but the pair didn’t mind. The moon was out
creating shadows that a blind man could see. The girl thought for quite some time…

“Why did you run away?”

The super remained silent to this question. He only looked at the ground and pretended not to have heard the girl. He started to pick the grass instead. She said it again…

“Why did you run away!”

“Don’t ask me that!” The Super snapped at the girl.

The girl was taken back by the response. She paused for a while. The silence was full of tense feelings and minds racing away. Finally she started again…

“Why not?”

“I SAID LEAVE IT ALONE! You haven’t gone through what I went through!”

The girl stopped. The silence once again was tense.

“Why do you hate talking about this?”

The Supers silence answered for her.

“If you don’t have something to your taste I would get rid of it and not let it brew inside of you.”

“I’m not up for it tonight…”

And with that he flew away. The girl was hurt but remained calm.

“I’ve gone through some rough times too you know.” She said under her breath.

please review this chapter…i loved writing it.

Chapter 3

The Super didn’t come the next day to the regular meeting spot. The girl began to wonder what had happened. As the night went on silently she began to wonder if he had gotten lost on his way over.

“Maybe he is stuck somewhere, unsure of where he is?” She began to think to herself. “I’d better go see if I can find him.”

So she went looking around the area to see if the Super had indeed gotten lost. As she was turning around a clump of trees she started to hear muffled voices and one very angry voice demanding something. As she neared the trees she could hear noises that sounded angry and a chorus of voices approving the angry voice. As she peered around her eyes fell on a lad of about 13 in the hands of three young men some around the age of 20 and their leader who appeared to be in his late 30’s! The boy was bound in ropes and his mouth was gagged in a handkerchief as the leader yelled at him. The victim (boy) seemed to be losing conscious as the girl watched in horror. The leader continued his monologue of terror…

“So you won’t tell us, huh! Well we have ways to make you talk!” He grabbed the boys turtleneck sweater and began to shake him violently. “Who did you tell!!”

The boy simply moaned out a single word. “Help…”

The older boy laughed and began slapping his knees. “Help!!! Is that some sort of a plea? Help me…Help me…Lame! There is no one here to help YOU!!!”

The boy looked up and noticing the girl in the bushes. He managed a weak smile in her direction.

As she began to smile back she saw that one of the men had also looked up as well.

“Hey! There’s someone else here already! He was behind that bush over there.”

The leader looked over but just as he turned the girl disappeared out of sight. He looked back at the member. “Are you sure?!?! I think you might need to go to bed.”

“No boss, I’m alright. I guess it must have been a shadow.”

“Good…now where was we?” He said turning back to the boy.

The boy looked down and said nothing. The leader was getting annoyed at the rate of talk he was getting out of the lad and began to hit him with his palm.

“Slap!!! Slap!!!”

“So you won’t tell huh…how about now…SLAP!!!..or now SLAP!!!..”

“Stop!!!”

The leader stopped as a voice was heard from the bushed in front of them. A girl of some 12 years stepped out. The leader was to astonished to speak.

“You think you can beat up that guy without mercy! Shame on you…leave him alone. He won’t give up your secret and you won’t have to worry about him.”

The leader regained his composure and began to laugh…

“HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh boy is this rich! A girl telling us to stop!

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh…this is too good.” As the leader started to get control of himself he noticed that the girl was still standing before him. “Well,” he said to one of the younger members. “Get her!”

The man began to move towards the girl but just as he was about to reach her she dodged to the left and with her foot extended tripped the man.

“OOOFF!!!” down went the man.

The leader now moved forward and with powerful arms grabbed the unaware girl by the shoulders and spun her around. He glared into her eyes with an anger that would have scared even the boldest of tigers. The girl simple starred right back at him.

“I outta wring you!”

“But you ain’t gunna geta da chance.” Replied the girl.

The leader started to hold her tighter but just as he started to hear her groan in pain the girls arms shot forward and made contact with his stomach.

“OOOFFFF!!!” The leader clutched his stomach as he fell to the ground in pain. The girl just starred as the leader started to groan and moan on the floor in obvious suffering. She then turned her attention on the member she had tripped. One hit to the jaw sent him sprawling backwards bowling end over end. The final members who were holding the boy quickly dropped their captive and fled for the cover of the trees. The girl then turned to the leader who was still on the ground. She got close to his ear and began to whisper to him,

“Don’t ever let me catch you again in these woods. Do you hear me?”

A muffled nod and groan told her enough. She walked over to the boy who was slowly regaining his strength. She helped him up and together they walked away from the leader towards her favorite place. The boy looked different from the super she had been with previously but something about his eyes stood out as familiar.

As they walked away the leader slowly rose. Pain rivited through his body but he didn’t notice. As he watched the girl walk off with his prize he said to himself.

“Nice work girl, taking my prize from me was easy, but now I know who you are. Your are now my next victim in waiting. No one can defeat Van Esteban III when he sets his mind to something!!!”

And with much care he slowly limped away.

Chapter 4

The girl took the lad back to the place the super was supposed to met her. She laid him against a tree and began to watch him recover. The lad took about twenty minutes before he opened his eyes. He instantly sprang to his feet and with his arms extended upwards started to say…

UP!!!..but he stopped just as he saw the girl looking at him. He put hi arms down and starred at her.

“Hi…”the girl started.

“Hi.”

“Your late.”

“Am I?”

“Yes, you had me worried forever.”

“I’m sorry?”

“Oh don’t try to fool me. I know who you are. Your that super who always meets me here at 11.”

The lad’s frown turned into a smile. “Alright you got me. I’m the super.”

“Good, now before we continue this event we need to get to know each other better. Cuz I can’t call you “super”.”

“Okay…my super name is Flex. I’m called that because I can do certain things with my appendages.” With the Flex began to extend his arm forward and in the blink of an eye the hand transformed into a laser gun fully loaded. It quickly changed into a multi-purpose screwdriver set with different drills and tools. The arm also changed into a sword fully capable of chopping many items and it also changed into a disk thrower.

“What is that…” Asked the girl as Flex changed into his disk thrower device.
“This is my thrower action. All I need to do is flick my wrist and one of these sharp edged disks fly out towards my enemies. Its propelled by gunpowder contained in my arm so its really fast. Its also jagged edged so it can also cut through wood if I need them to. It has to be my best device.”

Flex went through his devices once more before he put his arms behind his back.

“What are you doing?” asked the girl.

“I’m going to fly. Wanna join me?”

“Sure…”

With that Flex pulled forth his arms but as they extended forward a cloth-like device attached to his sleeves covered the gap between his arms and his chest. It was flexible and as Flex stretched them in and out the girl could only watch in amazement as the boy developed wing spans of 5 feet. At each end of the wings were his hands still formed in a fist.

“I get around by flying. The reason I stay in the air without gliding is by my strength. I have learned how to leap out into a flight pattern. If I can find any wind flow I will be flying really fast in a matter of seconds.”

With that Flex stopped extending his arms and beckoning the girl to him placed her on his back.

“Alright now…hang on.”

Whoosh!!! Up into the air the two went higher and higher until they reached the peak of Flex’s flight pattern. The girl felt her stomach drop as Flex leveled out. She was just about to freak out when Flex with great skill leveled out and scenting a current of air swooped downwards into the stream. They began to dive and swerve around clouds in the air. Flex would go up and then down swerving around trees that looked like ghosts in the low-lying clouds. Finally he started to approach the city and began to circle around. They slowly returned to their spot tired but really pumped with excitement. He gently placed the girl on the ground before he landed.

She watched as he landed some feet away from her. He quickly changed his wings back into their original form and sat down.

“Phew…your heavy. So do you need to know anything else about me?”

“Yes…i need to know your childhood, who you pretend to be, and why you were caught by that group back there.”

Flex looked at the ground in silence. The girl began to wonder if we would really tell his secret to her.

Chapter 5

Part A-

“Fine sure…i guess telling you won’t hurt. My real name is Chris but I use Dillon instead because it sounds better. I was born and raised in New Mexico close to Albuquerque. When I was four my dad left the family for a year. He said he had taken a business trip to Europe to talk about expanding the factory we ran but I learned later that he got in trouble with the police and was charged with assault. He was in jail…not in Europe. From then on my mom tried to raise me and my two brothers by herself but it didn’t go so well. Once my dad came back after the year away she fell apart. He would beat her when he would come home drunk and whenever one of us stayed up to late he would box our ears and punch us back into our beds just to keep us from staying up. He would then wake up the next morning and go back to work as if nothing had happened. He tried his best to make money for us and even got us a vacation but he never told us how he got it. While on the vacation I learned that he won it by the lottery. I got so mad I told my dad he should have sold the vacation to someone for money since we had bills to pay. He told me to shut up and that night he got back at me for speaking up. That was when I decided to run away. While we were going to see a movie that night I slipped away and ran into the city. I came across a man who said he could use me for a job he was doing. I didn’t know better and since he said he would pay me I joined. He took me to his house and I lived there for 2 months while the police searched for me. While I was there I learned that the man was a robber and only wanted me to steal stuff he couldn’t get. Thus I started learning how to be a crook. Stealing from people in broad daylight. It took me 6 months to realize what I was doing. I challenged him and told him I wasn’t going to steal no more. He pummeled me till I was aching all over. He told me to think about it.”

please pretty please someone review this story…i think its my best yet.

Chapter 6
[size=125]
Part B-

The girl had been sitting quietly until this point.

“What did you do?”

“Nothin’.”

The girl sat back against a willow tree in shock by Flex’s story. Flex decided to continue.

“I later gave in and decided to continue. I would steal at night from then on. Once when I tried to go out another way one of the gang was there watching me. That was when I realized I was in big trouble. They were going to make sure no one saw me. Then one day they decided that I should try to steal the mayors house. That night I heard them plot what they would do. I overheard them say “kidnap” and “captive”.”

“What did you do?”

“I already told you…nothin’.”

With that Flex’s attitude changed into a glum sullen face. The girl was shocked! She gathered her wits back again…

“Was that man the leader of that gang?”

“No…that gang was something I did after I escaped. You see I was so use to stealing that I would steal people’s wallets in broad daylight. One week before the desired attack on the mayor I stole some teenagers wallet. Well he found out about 5 minutes after I took it and soon found me in an alley. He beat me up and told me to not tell anyone I had seen him. I wondered what he meant and decided to keep his I.D. Card I had hid in my pocket. As I pulled it out to take a look at it I saw the words NSA on it. I suddenly realized that the card I was looking at was an superhero identification card. That meant that I had stole from a super! I was shocked that a super wouldn’t want their position given away. The gang I worked with took me home that night. They had about 5 new members in the car that were to be used in the kidnapping job. They told me I needed to work along and not cause mischeif. That night I thought about being a super and what it would be like. As mid-night broke I was wide awake. I couldn’t sleep. I wanted so bad to do better then stealing and robbing people. I thought about my mom and dad that I had left because I thought they were mean. I realized that the whole world was bad and that no one except me could really choose to do good for myself. Everything can and will go bad. If I could just become good then the world would have at least one person an honest fellow could trust. I softly tiptoed out of my window and into the street. As I was about to walk towards the city one of the gang aroused from some noise saw me. He sounded the alarm and in an instant I saw three men rushing out of the house after me! I started to run down the street. They were gaining on me but I swerved into a new street. They split up to trap me. Soon I ran into an alley way. Up ahead was a dead end. I turned around to face one of the gang. He held nothing in his hands but his eyes were red with anger and hatred. He knew what would happen if I lived to tell about what would happen next. He was going to kill me…”[/size]

Chapter 7

Part C-

“His eyes gleamed with hatred and in the moonlight he looked almost alien as
he strode towards me with his arms stretched out towards me. His face was
grim looking with a soul patch that stuck out like a sore thumb compared to
his bald head. He looked perfectly like a man I use to see on television. He
wore a red cap which looked more like a sweater that was placed upon his
head. It was wholly and red covered with designs and patterns that would just
drive one nuts. His face was almost ovalish but had a sense of circularness that made it likable. At the moment his expressions made him anything but likable. He growled slightly under his breath and with a quick leap he dove for me! His arm caught my leg as I dodged his attack. He started to twist it creating pain that ran up and down my leg. I reached back towards his face and with a swift swing caught him right in the nose. The man howled in pain and grabbed his nose. He sniffled to get the pain out like a bull and charged at me again. This time I didn’t dodge him. I don’t know exactly what happened but something inside of me told me to stand and fight. So I did. As he came towards me like a bull from Spain I raised my arm and had it come crashing down on the man. The blow hit the man in the stomach and he fell forward clutching his stomach. He turned around at he. I flew another hit at him but just as it was about to land the man grabbed my arm and with a quick twist had it behind my back in an arm-lock hold. The pain riveted through my body as he started to twist harder and harder. He then shoved me into the wall of the building nearby. My face hit the bricks the impact sending me into outer space because starts started to swirl around me. He picked me up by the collar and landed a punch on my face. I almost blacked out as the force entered my skull. The pain was intense now and every second I knew my nose was closer and closer to bleeding. He swung back for another blow when “it” happened.”

“What do you mean “it”?” Asked the girl.

“My powers.” Replied Flex. “That was when I first found out I had superpowers.”

“Well what happened?”

“Well if you let me continue I’ll tell you.”

Flex continued…

"He raised his arm again and being injured as I was I knew I couldn’t take much more. I feebly lifted my arm to take the blow but just as he started to throw his fist forward a strange reaction rippled through my body. I don’t know if my survival mode kicked in or something but all of the sudden my head cleared up, my vision became normal, and everything started to go really slow. His arm slowly came towards me but just as my arm began to raise I could feel a sense of power rippling through my arm. I watched in wonder as my arm slowly transformed into a steel bar of 3 inches thick pure metal. That man struck the steel bar with such force that the bones in his arm literally exploded into a million pieces. His face became a face of horror as he crumpled to the ground clutching his now lifeless arm still in the form of a fist that should have made contact with twelve year old skin. He was still in a state of shock as he watched me looking as calm as ever walk away without any type of transformation visible to him. Everything just went really fast for him I guess? He probably went to the hospital and never really got it figured out how all of his bones were broken by a twelve year old. That would have been a joke.”

Chapter 8

Part-A

“Wow…so you ran away?”

“I ran away again. After that I ran back out the alley and into downtown Los Angeles. Of course now I knew that I had something special that I could use. I began to try to test myself to bring out that ability again. I tried for several hours to get that steel bar to come back. Finally after many hours of training myself I learned how to change my hand into a steel back and then back into a hand.”

“Where do you live now?”

“As I walked around the city I saw many people on the street doing absolutely nothin’. I finally got the courage to ask one of them where a stray may find a decent place to rest. As I walked over to one of the men I noticed one of the gang members from my earlier life inside of a china shop. Upon laying my eyes on him I stopped in my tracks. He walked around the store towards the corner and upon finding something he “needed” he took it and put it inside his pocket. He was stealing it. Well I couldn’t let that man get away with it so I started walking towards the store…the man had moved over to the cashier…I could now see who it was. It was Bartimus…”

The girl interrupted rather rudely. “Who was Bartimus?”

“Ahhh…Bartimus. 250 pounds of muscle and tattoos Bartimus. He was the gangs best dagger thrower and most creepiest dude. His anger and wrath were enough to scare even our leader. Whenever Ole Bartimus was mad everyone would flee for fear of his knife. I once had it thrown at me. Bartimus had just been given a ticket while coming to our meeting. He was so mad that upon seeing me looking innocent he grabbed his hidden knife and threw it at my head. Thankfully I ducked and the knife glanced off my hair straight into a frying pan that was behind me. Bartimus then grabbed me but just as he was about to crush me I said something that startled him.

I said…”I will hunt you down and kill you one day.” Bartimus started to laugh and crack up over that statement. He put me down and walked away… But that was who was in the shop. 250 Pound Bartimus.”

Chapter 9

Part-B-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What did you do?”

“Do you ever let a fellow talk long enough to get a story completed?”

“I’m just curious…anyhow could you keep it going?”

“Okay…i got up close to the window and watched him through the thin curtains. I could see his bulging pockets. I knew instantly that Bartimus was armed. I also knew that the bigger pocked was not a knife. I also noticed that he was angry and that made him deadly. Bartimus walked over to the cashier…”

[i]“How much does that cost?”

The cashier looked over at the object the man was pointing at.

“$25 dollars.”

Bartimus didn’t even look over at the item he had asked about. He was only sizing up the cashier. He silently put his hand into his pocket. A soft click could be heard inside his pocket.

“Give me all your cash now!” Bartimus asked in a harsh whisper.

“I’m sorry!?!”

“You heard me…give me all your cash NOW!!! With that Bartimus revealed his loaded weapon and upon pointed his weapon at the head of the cashier said it again. “Give me cash…and I’ll be on my way.”

“Y…ye…Yes Sir.” The cashier bumbled around for the key and opened the cash register. He started handing money over to the ruffian with shaky hands. The gun never swayed as the criminal stuffed money into every pocked he had. Once he was full the gun dropped to his side. Bartimus turned around and started to walk out. He walked innocently out of the shop but upon exiting he stopped and turning around told the cashier.

“Don’t tell your boss about this Matthew. Yes we know your name. If you don’t tell…we won’t slay. Deal?”

With that the villain chuckled his way over out of the shop and over to the alley way.[/i]

Chapter 10

Part-C-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The girl interrupted Flex this time with a passion…

“YOU LET HIM GO!!!”

“DID I SAY I LET HIM GO??? SHUT UP AND LET ME CONTINUE…”

Both sitting children slumped around silent for a second.

“I’m sorry.” The girl said.

“That’s okay…i should get more control over my temper. It always seems to get control of me. I’ll continue…just please raise your hand if you want to interrupt, okay?”

“Okay.”

Anyhow…Bartimus had just rounded the corner of the alley when he spotted me starring at him. He instantly froze and his eyes began to blaze up with hatred.

“I knew I should have hit you earlier.” He said starring me up and down. You should have been dead months ago.

“Yah.” I said in reply. “But now…you are the one going to die.”

With that Bartimus pulled out his gun with mastery and shot at me. Once again my powers took over and actually watching the bullet travel towards me I jumped to the left barely missing the lead piece. Bending down I picked up a piece of brick and flung it at Bartimus. It hit the gun with a loud clunk!!! The gun shot away from Bartimus’ hands…it landed in some nearby rubble and disappeared from sight. Well now Bartimus was angry. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his dagger. With a flick of the wrist it whistled towards me. Instantly I put up my arm and again to my utter amazement it turned into a 3 inch metal bar. The dagger ran right into it and the blade broke upon impact. The metal of the blade literally splintered as it came into contact with my metal. Bartimus was shocked. There was a twelve year old boy who should have had a dagger shooting out of his back but instead had a metal beam as an arm. He started to grow pale as the truth of what I was suddenly dawned upon him. He began to back away slowly and then in an instant turned and ran. I began to follow him at a distance and right when Bartimus would think he had lost me I would show myself somewhere behind him and would force him to run even more. He finally reached the coastline and was walked backwards up a hill looking for me. I appeared nearby behind some trees. Bartimus began to shake with terror as he recognized my face, my determination, and my words. “I will hunt you down and kill you.” He continued to back up farther and farther up the hill. I started to chant my words just to unravel him even more. I will hunt you…Bartimus walked back even farther…I will kill you…Bartimus now turned and ran…but the ground beneath him was no longer there. He had reached the sea. Bartimus plunged some thirty feet to the jagged rocks below. I only know because I heard him scream and hten everything went silent. I breathed a sigh of relief. But just as I exhaled a rustle in the bushed behind me caused me to get into a set position. An old man came out of the bushes. He walked up to me. He peered over my shoulder at the coast below and cringed. He spoke to me…

“Well sonny…i guess that bad man is history. I saw you watching him and followed you. Where do you live. I don’t remember seeing you around here before.”

I told the man that I was an orphan who had no home.

The man looked at me and said…”

“Sonny if you need a place I have one you can live in till you find a permanent one. Would you like that?”

“I said that I would like that very much. So I live with Tony to this day. He feeds me and takes care of me while I learn how to become a superhero. He says that I still need to decide which side to choose since not every super is good. He says that since I came from a gang I might be a villain just out of natural instinct but I try not to think that way. I just can’t see me in a villain suit but Tony says he can. Do you see my becoming a villain?”

The girl tried to think but all the info she had just gotten befuddled her mind.

“Uhhhh…not really. I guess…maybe. Its just that your favorite color is black and red.”

“It is?”

“You told me so…Black for the night sky and Red for the blood that runs with it.”

“Oh, yah. Man…i don’t want to join a bad society again.”

“I’ll help you…”

“Thanks but you’re not a super. If you were you might be able to help, but you’re not.”

The two remained in silence for quite some time after that remark. The night became silent again…

Far away in a little house four men stood around a table. Their leader began to make a speech.

“All right men. This is the week you have been waiting for. On Sunday we will take the mayor’s house by force and become rich men in a matter of seconds. We will need to make sure that little pesky brat doesn’t get news of this or else it could all fall apart. Bartimus has already deserted…i don’t know why or where. Let us all remain quite and begin our watch of the house to see the best time to attack. Bruno, you need to take the guns. Charley, the axes and hatchets. Rob, take the ropes and duct tape. This plan will work if we all do our part. We shall become rich you hear me rich!”

[size=125]Chapter 11[/size]

The next day the pair met again at their usual spot. This time Dillon started the questions…

“So…I’ve told you about myself, now what about you?”

“No…i don’t have much to say.”

“Well maybe not as much as I did but you still should give me your name. I still don’t know it.”

“Well, I’ll give you my childhood so far. My name is Heather Price and I’m 11 years old. I go to Sydney Elementary and I enjoy playing basketball and collecting botany example. My childhood has been normal but I’ve recently gone though a couple of bad years. My parents were married happily some 13 years ago and were doing fine until my dad accused my mom of having an affair with another male. She denied it but the relationship never fixed. Now they fight and continually bicker about stuff that they would have never fought about years ago. Like for example they argued this year about where the tree should go. They stood and talked for twenty minutes on the right place to put it. My mom won that one so my dad only helped unload the tree. He sat and watched us put on the ornaments. So whenever I hear them arguing I slip out my window and come here. I started coming here one year ago right after they started fighting regularly. Then you showed up and this place has really changed. I don’t have any problems at school and I have no real intentions of running away like you did. I’m pretty normal if you look at it that way. I do have a few more questions about you do you mind if I ask them?

“Not at all. Go right ahead.”

“Is your gang still doing that kidnapping or was is thwarted? Did that hiding super ever get his card back from you? And did you ever go to school…your grammar is horrible.”

Okay…ummm…Yes its still planned and no it hasn’t been thwarted yet. No the super never got his card back because I hid in the bushes over there last Monday just “in case”. For your last question…No. My mom and dad never taught me anything. I never have gone to school at all. Why?”

“Oh nothin. So that plan to kidnap the mayer is still on?

“Yep…in fact it should occur this Sunday. Since today is Friday they should be preparing for the night of Sunday.”

“That’s July 4th!”

“Yes…and all of the mayer’s close friends will be going to the lantern parade without him. All because the mayer doesn’t believe in midnight parties, remember?”

“Yah…he even said something about it in the paper last week.”

“Too bad, I really should tell someone like the police but I don’t have the heart to. I can’t figure out why?”

“You mean you don’t want to tell anyone?”

“Course not.”

“Why?”

“They are all my friends…fellow compadres.”

“Did you ever think about the mayer and whether or not he would like to be kidnapped?”

“No…i guess if someone knew about the plot something should be done to at least try and prevent it.”

“Yes…now are we going to stand here and do nothin?”

“Yes you both are.”

A voice from behind a tree nearby answered. Heather stood up with a jerk! There standing not some ten feet away from them was the leader of that gang they had met last night with at least ten of his gang members behind him.

“Those are the brats…get them.” The older boy ordered. In a flash the gang started charging towards the pair.

[size=125]Chapter 12[/size]

The gang charged down upon the pair. Dillon instantly put his arms out.
Whoosh! In a matter of seconds Dillon had changed his arms into iron hot fists as large as a frying pan. With a might heave he swung them at the charging horde. Twang!!! The fist sounded the first score as three gang members were thrown onto the floor. Heather upon seeing the leader for the second time went through a sensation of rage and anger. She swung at a nearby member knocking him flat. She felt a surge of power come to her as she starred at the fallen member but just as she realized the feeling two more members lunged at her. She swung her fists at the stomachs of her foes. Owwwfff…two members sat on the ground clutching their stomachs. Dillon causing havoc to the right of the fight had failed to notice the leader silently sweep around to the shadows. As Dillon started to swing upon three members at once he felt a hand fall on his back and a gun click.

“Put yore hands in the air.”

Dillon was forced to comply due to the gun behind him. He slowly put his hands in the air.

The leader was beginning to feel good as he began to walk around Dillon. “Good…now we are getting someplace. I see at least you are super, robber kid. Tell me…Where is it!”

Dillon remained stubborn and kept quiet. Heather froze in shock as she saw the leader swing out a large fist and knock the wind out of Dillon. The lad fell to the floor wincing in pain.

“Hey, mess with my pal!” She lunged at him but two members caught her before she reached him.

The leader turned to her. “And you…you pretty one. What shall we do with you? You probably don’t even know what you are getting into pipsqueak”

Heather could feel her blood begin to rise o her head as the insult was thrown at her. “You bloody puny tyrant. You have no right to attack citizens in such a manner.”

“Ohhh??” The leader fell back as if shot. “Citizen?? Well let me tell you three things.”

The leader began to circle around the pair as he began to monologue.

“To start with; My name is Jeremy Whipplewill…”

The silence that followed was eerie.

“Really??” Said Heather.

“Actually no…” said the tyrant. “My real name is Vernon. I’m a super in disguise because nobody likes my talent.”

“What is your talent?” asked Heather.

Vernon looked at her and started to sway his head slowly…ever so slowly. He spoke as if he were slow of speech.

“I…can read and change minds.”

Heather’s eyes grew large as he started to stare at her. A sudden rush of thoughts invaded her head. Her mind began to feel light and her body became less and less sensible. She was losing all of her senses. With a crash she fell to the ground in a crumpled ball. Dillon who had recovered slowly saw everything that had taken place. His mind raced ahead of him.

“Alright Vernon, check the bush over there.”

Vernon turned to face Dillon. His eyes were yellowish-red as they shown in the sun. He smiled lovingly at the small boy. “Thank You.” He said.

Heather was starting to feel her anger really get hot. Who was this man to start this kind of treatment to children? What did he want? Why was he so ruthless? She felt her head start to pound and in an instant a bright light blared out of her face. Everyone turned to stare at her but hurriedly looked away as the light began to blind the clearing. Heather not aware of what she was doing stepped towards the leader who was cringing at the light. She picked him up with her hands and with a mighty heave threw him towards a nearby tree. His head made contact with a sycamore and his brain went black. Dillon was also struggling to see anything but just when he began to loose his whereabout Heather grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the gang members.

“Wow…Heather! What is going on!”

“I’m getting you out of here!”

The pair ran through the forest towards the city. They ran from the noises behind them. They ran from their fear, their pain, and their enemies. Down a path that took them “somewhere” they ran. Straight into the cold, dark, bitter night.

[size=117]Chapter 13[/size]

Heather’s face began to slowly regain its normality as they started to see signs of civilization. The sounds of the pursuing gang became less and less audible. Finally Heather came upon a small forest road. It ran towards the coast and also towards the mountains

“This leads up to Smokey peak.” She said to Dillon who was now quite recovered. “We could hide there for the night and come back down tomorrow morning.”

“Sounds good.”

They continued their walk up the mountain. They passed some camp grounds that looked deserted in the late night glow. Everything seemed rather quiet and reverent to the pair as they recalled all that had happened not but five minutes earlier. Heather suddenly came back to herself as she realized that Dillon didn’t know where her secret place was. She quietly directed him towards a large side of the mountain. There hidden among the bushes was a rather large cave.

“So this is where you go after our meetings, eh.”

“Yah…”

Heather began to build a small fire inside of a campground fire pit she had in the cave. The fire was comforting to both who felt rather exhausted and upset.

“Okay,” started Heather. “I have a few questions to ask you.”

“Shoot.”

“Was the card really in the bush?”

“Yes…it is there and should be with its rightful owner by now.”

“Will that guy come after us now that he knows where we hang-out?”

“Probably…he is known around the world as a revenge getter.”

“The World??”

“Yah…you see two months ago I decided to do some research in the guys and came up with some startling discoveries. He is Vernon Equila Estaban renown for his mind changing abilities and outrageous ideas. His favorite hobbies are taking puppies and making them act like serpents through mind change. He also has a large gang force that support all of his movements around the world. There are rumors going about that he is planning to take over the world and also to eliminate some fellow friends who starred him wrong. Some say the poor man is crazed and I think so too. He is really mean though. Not a nice man…You know, this cave could work as a hideout instead of that clearing. It has shade, fire, and we could put in some detector devices so that we could defend ourselves in case of attack. What do yo think?”

“I like it…we could have it set up with alarms and hideouts. We could have a secret headquarter!”

The pair talked all through the night about plans and places they could create. They didn’t even notice the sun begin to rise out the sky that morning. But Heather did recognize the problems that she was going to have to explain when she got home.

Chapter 14

“But Boss, I can’t fit through that?!?”
“You’ll do it or I’ll let someone else do it and you can stay here.”
“Righto Boss”
Better…Scraggle!
A 35 man came rushing up to his leader. His ripped and old outfit was noticeable in the night. His face was stained with many scars and patches of discoloration. He looked like a perfect gang member.
“Take four men and and scout out the alleys. Make sure no one is in there. If you happen to find something of value please give it my regards.”
“Yes Boss. Right away.”
The “Boss” smiled at his crew of 12. Everything was going as planned. The first part of his master plan was underway. Soon the entire building will be his to own.
“Then we shall see who really owns Los Angeles.” He said with a slight chuckle.

“Heather, I can’t. I haven’t been inside of a house in years. I’d freak out.”
“Common Dillon. If I am going to be able to get away with being gone all night I need your help.”
“Fine sure…but only this once.”
“Dillon, If I don’t have an excuse for being out all night I will get pummeled and grounded. I need to use you to help get me out of this without any trouble. Are you with me?”
“Yes.”
“Good, okay…here we go.”
Heather slowly opened the back door without the slightest noise. Dillon watched in amazement as Heather calmly walked striaght into the kitchen where her parents were making calls, reading the newspaper, and trying to get something to eat. Heather’s mom was a lovely figure. She was 33 (by guess) with a lovely face that made one not want to leave home. At the moment by compare was totally different. Her face showed all kinds of depression and anxiety. She was making phone calls like the the phone was going out of fad the next day. She had just looked down to see if her phone directory was nearby when she spotted Heather coming in the door. The phone dropped from her hands and with a great; “HEATHER!!” She rushed to her daughters side. Heather’s dad likewise upon seeing his daughter exclaimed and rushed to hug Heather. A loud commotion was all that registered to the brain of Dillon. He instantly started to back away from the group because of certain memories that flashed before his eyes. One particular memory flashed directly before his eyes.
It was right after his 9th Birthday. He had received a new bike but had taken off the training wheels without permission. He fell onto the pavement and cut up his knees pretty bad. His mom and dad had both come running out to him and picking him up in their arms carried him back to the house where they cared for him and helped bandage his wounds.
Like a thunderbolt it was over. The memory was gone and Dillon was standing before Heather who was explaining why she was out late;
“You see, I was late getting out of class and ran into Dillon who wanted some help on his math. I decided that I didn’t need to hurry home so we walked over to the library and talked about math for 2 hours. By that time I realized that walking home would take another hour which would make it 6 O’Clock till I arrived back. Dillon then volunteered to take me home for supper. He would get his mom to call home and let you guys know where I was. Unfortunately his phone had just been repaired and the connection was down for the day. We didn’t know that until we reached his house. At that point he said I could simply stay over for the night and he would bring me back home in the morning.”
Heather’s father was the first to say anything critical. “I can see your predicament Heather and I can except your excuse but I still can’t see why you couldn’t just drive home with Dillon’s father?”
“Uhh…their car was in a wreck earlier in the week and was still at the repair shop. Just a series of unfortunate events.”
“I see, well at least your home and we can stop worrying about you. Heather’s dad then moved towards the garage saying over his shoulder. “I’ll be home later.”
Mom moved towards the table humming a sweet note. Dillon leaned over to Heather.
“I thought you said they bickered all the time.”
“Just watch.”
Just as Heather stated this Her mom noticed that her dad had forgotten to clear his place. With a disgusted grunt she picked up the plate and throwing it in the trash said to herself;
“That slob, can’t even put his place away before he leaves the house.”
Heather walked Dillon up to her room. As she was approaching her room Dillon grabbed her arm.
“What are we going to do about your power?”
“What??”
“Your super power. I saw you when you got really angry at that gang leader. You shot out pure energy cuz I could feel the power running through me.”
“I don’t have super powers Dillon. Never have. My family doesn’t have any line of supers that I know of. You are super Dillon, I’m not.”

[size=142]Chapter 15

“Heather! You’re going to be late for school!!”

Heather’s mom called up the stairs to Dillon and Heather. A loud avalanche followed in which Heather, dragging Dillon along with her dashed for the street. Dillon who had been innocently watching Heather clean her room had been roughly grabbed around the shoulders and pushed out the door. In a flash he was staring at an empty street with Heather at his side. Slowly it dawned upon him that he was going to accompany Heather to school!

Heather noticed Dillon’s change in complexion and started to calm him down.

“Don’t worry, just be yourself. Explain that you’re new and want to get into school with me.”

“But my parents aren’t here. They will want to know who I belong to!”

“Not if I let you pass as my cousin. Then I can pass you off as part of my family.”

“Okay, but what happens if I don’t want to go with you?”

“Then you get to stay home until I get back. Then I go with you to the secret cave we have and I leave you there just as we always did. It will just mean that you are along for a couple hours before I can let you go. Would you rather stay with me or be alone?”

Dash looked ahead in deep thought. “Of course I’ll stay with you. Better than staying here alone.” He added subconsciously.

“Good, now lets figure out a way to get you into a class without to much hassle.”

In 5 minutes the bus had picked the pair up. Dillon had never seen such rowdy kids as the bus held. They seemed to make the bus roll from side to side with their pushing, shoving, kidding, and pranks. Every turn was a miserable sway which scared Dillon to his wits end. At last the bus reached Sydney Elementary. The school was rather large due to the swimming pool it housed and also a large basketball arena. As Heather entered the main hallway everyone seemed to turn to look at her. Heather leaned over to Dillon;

“Don’t worry…you’re new.”

Dillon was quite puzzled by this remark. As he continued to walk along the hall way certain people seemed to stare at him while other simply shrugged their shoulders and continued their talks. Finally Dillon and Heather reached the Principles office. There she took over the conversation;

“Excuse me Mr. Hanney.”

“Yes, what is it you would like to talk about?”

“I have a student who is just here for a day or two.”

“A day or two??”

“Yes, you see he is here on vacation but since I need to go to school my mom
wants him to come with me for the time being.”

“I see, well that shouldn’t be a problem. He can just sit next to you and enjoy his time here. Just make sure teachers know about this just in case.”

“Yes, sir.”

As the pair left the office Dillon whispered over to Heather;

“But Heather. I don’t even know how to divide.”[/size]

[size=167]Chapter 16[/size]
[size=134]
Heather looked at Dillon with exasperation.

“You don’t know how to divide?”

“No…”

“Oh, Dillon. How are we going to let you be in 4th grade if you don’t know how to divide?”

“I know…I’ll look like a laughing stock kid.”

“Okay, we’ll just have to try and see what happens. Maybe we should tell the teachers so that they know?”

“No, if they find out then I will still have trouble getting over it. Maybe you could lip sink the answers to me.”

“Well at least the first class I go to is Art. You shouldn’t have any trouble getting that class done.”

“Art?”

“Yah, you know, paintings and drawing.”

“Oh, yeah. I can draw.”

Heather and Dillon soon approached room A-113. In the window hung a small painting made by a student. It had a superhero in a red suit flanked by similar supers in the exact same dress.

Dillon looked at it a long time.

“Who is that?”

“Oh, those are the Incredibles. They are a superhero Family that work here in Los Angeles. Some say that their son actually goes to school somewhere around Los Angeles to but no one believes the family would do such a thing.”

“Do you know what their names are?”

Yah, their secret names are unknown but we know their super names. The two boys names are Speedster and Impressions. Their daughter’s name is Invisiforce. The dad and mom are called Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl. They are extremely popular and famous around the world. About 3 years ago they defeated this really weird guy with poofy hair and bad dimples. They defeated his robot and saved Los Angeles from destruction. That painting was done by our best student Dashielle. He is the best painter we have and in his spare time he created that to display his prowess.

“Hum, interesting.” Dillon said as he and Heather took their seats. “I’d like to meet that family.”[/size]

[size=167]Chapter 17[/size]
[size=134]

Dillon had not been seated long before some late students arrived. A couple of girls were the first to enter but just before the bell rang a young boy about the age of Dillon arrived. His face was total competition although a clear view from Dillon also told him of a certain concern for detail. He had short wavy golden hair that almost looked like it was jelled to go straight back. His clothes were nice yet rather hurriedly put on because the shirt was tucked in some places but let out in others. His shirt was a nice red one with a large bolt across it. The kid wore on his back a large blue backpack. The kid quickly looked around and seeing the empty chair next to Dillon walked over. He put his backpack on the floor behind his chair and sat down. He looked up at Dillon as he pulled out his books.

“Ya new here?”

“Yah, this is my first time…ouch!”

Heather had kicked him in the foot. Dillon quickly turned to her. Heather looked past him to the kid.

“Hey Dashielle. This is Dillon a friend of mine. He comes from another part of town. His school…” she said beginning to stare at Dillon really hard, “had a fire and the extra students were dispersed over the city. Dillon ended up here with me.”

“Oh, that’s got to be tough. Fires can be bad for ones memory.” Dash replied.

“Yah,” Dillon hesitantly put in. “I’m doing okay, still rather shooken up about it though.”

“Well nice to meet you Dillon. And good to see you again Heather.”

Heather smiled at the last statement. Dash looked back towards the front of the class as the teacher entered.

Dillon had begun to wonder what the teacher would be like when he finally saw him. The teacher known to the class as Mr. Eddenburg or Mr. Artsy was rather heavily built but when provoked he could get around the art room to chastise one with incredible quickness. The students loved his slow and easy piece of mind. He always allowed the students to enjoy their work which made him extremely popular. He always wore a large bow tie which made him a favorite among certain jokesters. This tie was the first thing that caught Dillon’s eyes. It looked almost like a coolness statement due to its weirdness. It looked like the most funkiest thing he had ever seen. Mr. Eddenburg also wore large glasses that made him look like a weird scientist. His clothes were normal and other then his large flip-flops everything was as ordinary as any other teacher. He wore a plain brown shirt and long khaki pants. As he entered the room the class became suddenly silent. Mr. Eddenburg slowly advanced to his desk and taking out a small piece of paper from his pocket he read;

“Welcome students to day 245 of the school year.”

[boos were heard silently echoing around the room after this statement]

“There are about 12 days left until you will be free to play.”

[cheers were audibly heard after this statement]

“But until then we will work hard and work with enjoyment so that we can become better students, better kids, and better humans.”

As Mr. Eddenburg finished this last line kids all over the room silently opened up their desks and taking out a piece of paper awaited the teacher. Dillon after a split second of looking around opened his desk and looking inside he noticed a large box of colored pencils, many pieces of paper, and a large pencil. Taking out the pencil and paper he raised his eyes back up to the teacher. Mr. Eddenburg had upon getting to his desk taken the piece of paper the principle had placed there. He raised his eyes and looking around landed upon Dillon.

“Ah,” he said. “You must be the new student. Welcome to my class. My name is Orville Eddenburg although most just call me Mr. Eddenburg.”

“Thank you,” replied Dillon aware of all the eyes watching him. “My name is Dillon.”

“You will want to keep your ears and eyes open Young Dillon. You never know when you might be asked to display your artwork to the class without warning.” Mr. Eddenburg said as he leaned in to Dillon. As he finished his line he smiled with a childlike grin on his face.

Dillon couldn’t help but smile back. Mr. Eddenburg then quickly turned around and talking to the class in general said;

“Alright…now last week we talked about the beauty of our heroes. We talked about how they look and the different types of dresses they wore. Now I would like you all to draw your favorite superhero or hero in general. It can be your parents or your favorite Sports player. Just make sure it is nice and well done. Do your best and show me what you have. You all will get 30 minutes to attempt this drawing and when you are finished we will talk about a few of the good ones.”[/size]

Chapter 18

Dillon had never drawn before in his life. Although he had some memory of drawing cols on a blank piece of paper the description of drawing was rather slow for him. After a moments hesitation and goading through a kick in the shoes by Heather decided to draw himself. Unaware of the problems it could cause he began to draw his form and superhero suit. Half-way through he looked at his picture. He could see the outline coming along nicely. The suit look almost exactly what he wore in reality. There were green outlines with light blue lines and dark red splotches. Soon he could make out the definite different shades. As he worked hard at his paper he didn’t notice the little crowd of spectators that had begun to grow behind him. Even Heather had stopped working to watch him work at his paper. Dillon had just begun to finish when he looked up to think for a second. Noticing the crowd he instantly looked around. Mr. Eddenburg patted him on the back saying; “Don’t stop, keep going.”

Dillon continued to scratch more details and little tid-bits to his piece of paper until the teacher congratulation himself on this new student stopped him by placing his hand on his shoulder.

As Mr. Eddenburg looked around at the pupils he added; “Now that is art. I hope you all can see just what art and drawing can do for you. This shall go down in school history as the new kid who could draw.” Turning to Dashielle he said; “I’m afraid Dash that you have some competition ahead of you if Dillon stays. You two would make a perfect pair for drawing.”

Later in class when the students were filling out for the next class Dash pulled
Dillon aside.

“Man can you draw. It took me years to even get to doing details. How do you do it?”

“Its nothing. I’ve never been known to draw but it suddenly just came to me to draw my favorite thing.”

“Oh, by the way who was that super you drew?”

"I probably shouldn’t tell you. Its a secret…"And with that Heather who had been eavesdropping on the conversation roughly pulled Dillon away leaving a puzzled Dash behind.

Dillon then rushed with Heather towards the second class of the day. Dillon who was feeling rather pleased with himself had just enough time to have a glimpse of the class name as they entered;

Grammar 101

[size=125]Chapter 19

Dillon and Heather seated themselves in the Grammar 101 classroom just as the bell rang for the next class to commence. The teacher a Mrs. Nezzbith was a grouchy old lady. Her appearance could have almost been compared to a large slug-like creature. But her attitude was what the students all feared. For Mrs. Nezzbith would face any student in a stare down. Even George McCully couldn’t beat her at a revolt. Mrs. Nezzbith had a face of steel, cold wicked steel, that pierced through any defenses and saw every thought. Her attitude was apparently disturbed as she entered the classroom the day Dillon arrived. She slowly ambled into the room with a cold gleam in her eyes. Every student stopped what they were doing and sitting quietly prepared for the lesson of the day. Mrs. Nezzbith quietly unpacked her books slowly and deliberately. Soon the class knew why, one of the seats was empty. Everyone straightened slightly when the late student slowly approached the door. They could hear his footsteps coming slowly toy the door. Mrs. Nezzbith not even turning her head said;

“Come in Jeremy.”

Mrs. Nezzbith’s voice was different then most human voices. It was high pitched almost too a bird call as well as very scratchy. As Dillon heard her talk to the closed door his mind instantly went back to a movie he saw when he was young. All he could remember was many monsters but he couldn’t remember anything else.

The door opened slowly to show a embarrassed and extremely late Jeremy. He quickly entered the room and placing his books on the desk quickly opened his folders. As he looked up Mrs. Nezzbith who had followed him into the room was starring at him. Jeremy cringed as she continued to stare away at him.

Heather quickly seeing the defenses of Jeremy disintegrating like slow before a furnace instantly stood up saying; “Recite chapter 15 list please.”

Mrs. Nezzbith turned to look at Heather as the entire class except for a now completely “killed” Jeremy stood up and began to recite. A quick smile passed between her and Heather as the reciting went non-stop and without any such problem all the way through chapter 17. The class then sat down completely tired from the amount of work Mrs. Nezzbith loved to put them through. When the class had finished all the reading and had seated themselves Mrs.
Nezzbith who had looked at Dillon accasionally through the recital wakled over to him.

“State your Name…”

“Um…Dillon.”

“Full Name…”

“Dillion…McCarther.”

“Very good, Dillon. Welcome to the worst day of your life. You have entered THE ZONE. Do you know what I mean?”

“Yes, mam I do.”

“Good, since we don’t know what you know in that horrid thing called the brain we shall have you listen and learn for your first day.”

With that Mrs. Nezzbith turned to her class. “Alright, lets go over the list of different words. CATEGORIES…”

The class groaned slightly but a quick look from Mrs. Nezzbith quickly stopped it…

“…begin.”

“Prepositions, Nouns, Verbs, Adverbs…”

The class continued at a rapid pace, all Dillon could do was mumble words he thought he recognized and some words he knew.
[/size]