New Short - Alien Abduction

I recently was privledged

enough to get to visit Pixar for believe it or not my fathers School Alumni event. I guess the president went to

the same school… (University of Utah)

Anyways… They showed us a few shorts… and the last was a brand

new one… I have been trying to find it anywhere (everywhere) with no luck… i can’t even remember what it was

called. But i can tell you this, it made me laugh more than any other…

Basic Plot: (A little SPOILER be

warned)
Farm House, Middle of no-where, boy sleeping in bed upstairs. Big Light (nice effect) fills room.

Boy hovers out of bed and begins floating toward the window… and then… SLAM! head first into the wall… he

missed the window opening.

Outside a giant saucer, and inside are two green funny looking aliens. Big one

with a clipboard (like a driving school instructor), and a little scrawny one at the control panel. Now the

control panel is about 50 feet wide and about 5 feet deep with nothing but tiny little switches that all look

EXACTLY the same. Rediculous… probably about 100,000 switches (that operate the beam)… made me

laugh.

I wont say anymore (unless you want me too), but it was damn funny… Best one yet

IMO… Has anyone else seen or heard of this? I am trying to find the name of the short, and possibly a location

to watch it.

Thanks!

Oooh… That

sounds awesome!

By all means, you may post the rest of the plot (unless those at Pixar have asked you not

to), but make sure you use the [*spoiler][/*spoiler] tags, so as not to spoil it for those who don’t want to

know. I’d also change the title to ‘Brand New Pixar Short Revealed! [Spoilers]’, so you don’t ruin it for

anyone.

To use the spoiler tags, put the spoiling material in between them, then remove the *'s.

Not to sound spectical . . . but what??

It’s true that Ed Catmull went to the

University of Utah . . . but would they show something like a brand new short in such a

random location and time??

Wait, we ARE talking about PIXAR . . . this COULD

be legit . . . .

This could be either breaking news, or maybe just a missed-named coincidence.

A

title, director, writer – anything would quench my curiosity right now! (Except the plot . . . if this IS a

PIXAR Short, I don’t want to be spoiled.)

And welcome to PIXARPlanet, Boschb!

If it is, it could be shown on Ratatouile.

or skepticle even!!! :wink:

hmmm, Pixar does sci-fi… I wonder,

rather than a short could this possibly be the first sneak peek of W.A.L.-E.?

You might even try

‘skeptical’. :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting theory there, Dash! Aliens for the win!

What’s WALE. And I’m not sure wether to belive this or

not.

Well all i can say is, it IS legit. I don’t know why they showed it to us, but we

were told it was finished very recently before we saw it. It was definatly a complete short as well, not just

half.

I suppose in their best interests I wont try and explain the whole plot as it is just a short

anyways, plus it really wouldn’t do it justice.

I must say though that the idea of SCI-Fi definatly

caught me off guard with them as I started watching it, but believe me shortly after it started, it felt like

Pixar all over it. As soon as you saw the characters (just 2 of them really), it was friendly again. The

lighting guy really did a great job on this one as well…

If I can ever find the video of it, i will

definatly post it. Until then … be excited for it I guess… I can’t imagine them waiting another whole year

to slap it into Ratatouile… something tells me we will see it before that… and hopefully

soon!

If your dying to know the spoiler just msg me, i can try and write up the whole thing, but

IMO your better off just waiting to see it.

Bests All,

[quote="RMS

Oceanic"]

You might even try

‘skeptical’. :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting theory there, Dash! Aliens for the win!
[/quote]
Yeah . . .

I think both of us deserve “to lose a few points,” eh, Dash? :wink:

W.A.L.-E. is

the rumored title of the film after Ratatouille coming either in 2008 or (as I beleive) in 2009.

And you

seem pretty confident on this Boschb, so I’ll take your word that this something PIXARish . . . but I’m still

unsure if this could be a Short, a W.A.L.-E. Teaser, or maybe something new altogether (PIXAR DOES think outside

the box, guys!)

Does WALE stand for anything, that’d be a really sucky name.

It should, I mean the title is actually

“W.A.L.-E” since there’s periods between each letter it makes sense. I don’t think anyone execpt

Pixar knows exactly what it stands for yet :confused:.

Edited by KE
No text/IM language, please.

LMAO, this sounds a bit silly. W.A.L.-E

Yeah, W.A.L.-E. does look

odd, but hey, I trust PIXAR to know what they’re doing.

Mind you, it’s there’s only so many sources

that say THIS IS THE NAME. In reality it may change soon enough . . . we just aren’t that sure.

But that

‘-’ in between the ‘L’ and ‘E’ is growing on me!

I’m sure it means the name of an organization of

some sort.

I still think that would be a rubbish

name.

Hmm…Well, sci-fi is a genre that Pixar hasn’t really touched upon yet, but this short

sounds a little bit like they’re going down the MI road- MI was about monsters who scared because it was their

job, not because they’re mean, and it sounds as though they’re giving the aliens in this short personalities to

make it as though their abductions are just a part of their job.

It should be good.

Sounds fun!
But I’m still very skeptical, a brand new

SHORT? Already finished? More than a half year before Ratatouille?
Maybe they will put on the DVD? But I

can’t believe it’s the short before Ratatouille.

If memory serves, Bounding was released in 2003, and One Man Band was

released in 2005, both one year before their attached films. It’s perfectly reasonable to assume that Pixar have

a completed short, ready for Ratatouille.

If memory

serves, Bounding was released in 2003, and One Man Band was released in 2005, both one year before their attached

films. It’s perfectly reasonable to assume that Pixar have a completed short, ready for

Ratatouille.
[/quote]

that what I was thanking to