2-year old video: Human Story of Computer Animation

A Human Story of Computer Animation

I found a two-year old ,1 hour and 42 minute, video that is quite interesting. I’m not sure if anybody here has seen it yet, but if anybody has time, watch or listen to it! It’s worth a listen for all Pixar/computer animation/storytelling fans.

Ed Catmull (president and co-founder of Pixar), Alvie Ray Smith (Ed’s buddy), Andrew Stanton (writer-director of Pixar films), and Brad Bird (writer-director of Pixar) films, discuss how computer animation has influenced culture and the media. Ed talks about how he became inspired to found a company that would soon become a filmmaking powerhouse. Andrew discusses how the studio has protected Ed’s mantra for the company. Brad talks about how he was brought into the company to continue the evolution of Pixar.

If you have time to watch or listen to the presentation, I highly recommend it. By the end, I felt like I had become friends with these guys. Discuss your thoughts here.

link edited by PixarVixen ~~=oP
Whenever a web address is that long, please label it.

Wow. That’s almost like a movie! Thanks for this. When I have time I’ll sit back, grab some popcorn and watch it. :smiley:

Is it on Youtube? Probably not … I’ll try later and see if it’ll load for me, or else I’ll implode the school computers. :smiling_imp: