New composers

Here is the place where we can talk about possible new composers for

Pixar films (suggesstions, speculation, etc.) . Who would you like to see scoring a Pixar film in the

future?

How about Howard Shore? Best known for is LOTR

compositions… :smiley:

I still really want to see Danny Elfman compose a Pixar film.

:smiley: :wink:

Ooh! Yeah, Elfman would be

sooo cool! :sunglasses: His work in [i]Charlie and the Chocolate

Factory[/i] really impressed me. And Spider-Man? Awesome job there too.

:smiley: It’d be a great match…

I’m sure you love him for his work with Tim Burton, eh

Bill?! :stuck_out_tongue:

Heheheh, yeah. Thanks for bringing that up again. :smiley:

:wink:

Your very welcome, dude. :wink:

Any John Williams takers?

Gasduude - I’m a John Williams “taker”! :wink:

Recently, I’ve been hankering to see him compose a score for a future Pixar production. Besides Michael

Giacchino and Alan Silvestri, Mr. Williams is my favorite musical composer, and I would love to see him take the

helm for once. (And speaking of Alan Silvestri, it would be kind of interesting to see him take a shot at the

job, as well…)

So yeah. There ya’ have it! Nice question, Bill. :smiley:

I would like the person who conducted the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack to conduct one. I think that

would be cool.

TSS - You mean Hans Zimmer? Yeah, that would be cool. He also did the score for

The Simpsons Movie .

[b]Hans

Zimmer[/b] (POTC, Batman) is pretty cool. That would be neat, TSS.

:sunglasses:

I know. I think he would be a great

composer for a Pixar adventure tale of some sort.

The possibility of Alan Menken scoring a Pixar film is definitely something that I would like to see.

He’s done so many great Disney films.

[b]Alan

Menken[/b] scoring a Pixar film would be…wow, beyond belief! :smiley:

Even though I love some of John Williams’ work (Star Wars, ET, Harry Potter), I’m not sure if he would have

enough “flavour” or “edge” to compose for a Pixar film. I’d love to be proven wrong,

though.

Danny Elfman would be so great, especially on the supposed Tim Burton/Pixar project that was

rumoured to be happening. I would probably want him to tone down the choir that he uses in his music though,

otherwise it can get a bit “samey”. I was obsessed with his score for

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for a while there, though. :smiley:

On the contrary, I think John Williams would be able to do a great score for a Pixar

film, if the film is suited to his style. John Williams is the master at creating memorable themes in music. I

mean he has created some of the most famous and popular film theme songs including, but not limited to, Star

Wars, Indiana Jones, Superman, Harry Potter…

Oh, yeah. I’m not doubting John Williams’ contributions to the film score

genre. I love his Star Wars themes, as well as his Harry Potter score. He would have to be the single biggest

contributor to bringing attention to the fact that film scores’ are pieces of work (in their own right, which is

true) ever. So I totally agree with you there. :smiley:

I just think that his style of work doesn’t match

Pixar’s style. I can’t really explain it - I just think Pixar would look for someone with a bit more edge, such

as Danny Elfman. That’s why his name comes up here often, I guess.

Having said that, the closest upcoming

Pixar film that I know of, that John Williams could score for and would suit his style better, would probably be

JCOM/APOM. I would look forward to what he would do with that movie, if it is indeed a Pixar film. It seems like

his kind of thing.

I also think that Michael Giacchino would do such great work on Up, simply because of

its themes of adventure, which was demonstrated with his work on The Incredibles. I was just thinking about it

recently. I’m sure we don’t know who is composing it yet, though. It could even be a newcomer scoring Up, so

who knows…

I’ve been thinking about John Powell possibly scoring a

Pixar film in the future. He’s done many scores for computer-animated films, mostly for Blue Sky Studios

(Robots, Ice Age: The Meltdown, [i]Horton

Hears a Who![/i]), and many action movies as well.

Here’s his Wikipedia

page:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Powell

That’s exactly what makes the pure idea of him scoring a Pixar production so intriguing and unique. His style is such that it is more hard-core, smooth, and pulsating, whereas Pixar’s composers arrange for a suitable ride that ranges any where from upbeat (The Incredibles) to slightly soft and “fluffy” (Randy Newman), depending on the composer in question.

But hey, you never know! If Mr. Willaims is ever chosen to compose a score for an upcoming Pixar film, he just might surprise us. :wink:

– Mitch

I want Trevor Rabin to score a Pixar film! :smiley:

OH that is a good suggestion! I love Trevor Rabin’s work, especially National Treasure and

Remember the Titans.