Buzz and Woody at the Oscars

Apparently in 1999, Buzz and Woody presented an award at the Oscars. Here is a picture from it:

(Special thanks to Superbrickdude for helping me find this picture)

I can remember seeing a bit of this when it was on TV, but I was only about 3-4 years old and I can’t remember much. Does anyone know where I can find the full footage of this? It’d be great to watch.

really interesting…i tried looking for the full award show but no luck =/

i kinda wish they made woody a tux…make him look snazzy and cool :laughing:

i’m wondering why they didn’t do really anything different with buzz…didnt fit in the tux i see? :smiley:

I remember once seeing a member on this forums having that picture as their avatar, and I always have wondered where it was from! Now I know, thanks!

I hope that someone somdeday unearths that video, because it would be awesome to watch!

I want to watch that video!!! :smiley: I love awards shows!!!

I love how Woody’s all dresses up, and Buzz just hasa bow tie. Anyways, was this ever a special feature on a DVD? (It should be). Other than that I guess all we have to rely on is people who got it on tape uploading it on YouTube. That picture means the video’s somewhere…

Smexy dressed-up Woody be smexy. :open_mouth:

And Buzz is just plain cute with just the bow-tie. :laughing:

I would very much like to see the actual video, myself.

Isn’t this what you’re sig pic is from? I’d love to see this, I’d like a disc with all their non-movie appearances, like the TS treats, commercials, 3D promotions, etc. Maybe as a bonus disc on the TS3 blu ray

I hope I can find a video of this…

I think that’s from the “For Your Consideration…” promotions they did for the first Toy Story. This is when they presented best animated short in 1999, to promote for Toy Story 2’s theatrical release.

This is as well as I remember what they did, if theres a clip I’m sorry if this is inaccurate. I was maybe 6.

An actor or two, it may have been Morgan Freeman (it was 11 years ago I don’t know), explained that the next award was something special, and left a couple of Buzz, Woody and other toys at the podium. Then in what I assumed was a screen that dropped down (on the televised version it cut straight to the animation [when I was a little kid I remember having NO idea how they had done this…now I guess it makes sense it was done way beforehand). It was Buzz, Woody, Jessie, the Potato Heads and I think the rest of the gang. Woody and Jessie came all dressed up, but all Buzz had was a bowtie. Woody reprimanded him for not dressing nicer, and so he popped out his wings or something and they were decorated. Then Mrs. Potato Head said to Mr. Potato Head something along the lines of “You’re embarassing me in front of Don Rickles!” who was in the audience. They then opened the envelope, and I think Woody announced the winner, and it then showed a shot of all them clapping.

EDIT: And Nathan, I think I deserve some credit on finding you that picture and telling you the source. lol

My sig is only a single image made for promotion (which I edited, of course). I don’t think there was a video to it, since Buzz and Woody aren’t dressed up. With the full disk of special features, I hope they give us some Toy Story shorts, like the McDonald’s, Visa, Target, Toy Story video game commercials, and maybe even the short before Buzz Lightyear of Star Command (does anyone remember any more Toy Story shorts?).

I think I remember Jessie there too.
And yes, you do deserve some credit. If it wasn’t for you I would never have found that picture. I had forgotten about what I saw many years ago until your picture.

I e-mailed the Oscar’s YouTube channel about this, and I just got a reply to it:

Thanks for writing in and for your request. We are in the process of tracking down the clip you requested. If we have clearance to post it, we will do our best to upload it in the near future.

Hopefully they find it!

I hope it works out!

Wow ,that’s so cool! I didn’t know you could request clips from the Oscars. I’m glad they’re getting on it!

Nice work Nathan! That was a pretty smart idea, actually.

BTW, in the message I sent, I said that I wasn’t the only person who wanted to see this video, my fellow friends on Pixar planet want to see it too, so I gave them the link to this thread for proof. Thanks for you support guys!