Nemo or the Incredibles?

:cry:

Could someone explain to me WHY this is in The Incredibles section? :confused:

little chef

Sorry.

Well, just because you don’t happen to like Nemo and “only like to post things under the Incredibles” doesn’t make it necessarily right to put it here. :confused: It had nothing to do with The Incredibles in the first post, and probably should have been put in the Finding Nemo section, is all I’m getting at.

Just because I don’t happen to like The Incredibles at all doesn’t mean I go making threads about how much I hate it. I respect opinion, but people who do like that movie, like me, are turned off by threads like this, and it’s just not necessary to start arguments.

little chef

Sorry. I just wanted to know why it was so popular.

Eh, no problem… maybe cuz it’s a good movie…? That’s a thought… :wink:

little chef

I like them all, it just seems illogical for this to be more popular than Toy Story or Cars or Wall*E, it makes no sense to me.

Well, Finding Nemo is often called one of Pixar’s best. I’m pretty sure Finding Nemo was also Pixar’s number one grossing movie. of course, it’s all about your opinion. I personally liked Finding Nemo more than the Incredibles, but it is pretty close with me. :wink:

The Incredibles is an awesome film and all, but Finding Nemo and Wall-E interest me more now cause they seem to have a lot of heart and emotion to them. I do try my best not to pick favorites though since every Pixar film is good.

As for it being popular, it’s just one of those films that Pixar seems to give the most exposure to (same goes for Cars) but I wouldn’t say it’s more popular than Toy Story.

I kinda agree. I might be missing something, but I always felt like Finding Nemo was more of a gag-fest compared to the other Pixar movies, with a lot of irrelevant scenes and characters like the sharks. The heart-filled parts where nicely done, but for me the tone of the movie felt all over the place. I still think it’s a perfectly fine movie though.

I’m going to admit, Finding Nemo hit a grandslam with emtion, and family. TI Was an exciting and amazing film, but it lacked a beauty and power that Findind Nemo had.

I still loved TI Better than all other Pixar Films.

PS: Incredigirl95: Please don’t make threads declaring TI is better than other Pixar films. That is not tolerated here on Pixar Planet.

Because Finding Nemo has more of a mass appeal? Look at The Incredibles, for example- it’s a great film for just about anyone, but on a very base level you could say that it’s more aimed at boys because of it being part of the whole superhero genre. (We know that Pixar didn’t specifically aim it at boys, but it’s easy for a girl to be put off watching a film like The Incredibles.)

Finding Nemo isn’t aimed at any single section of the audience. Girls, boys, young and old all watch this film and enjoy it. The same can be said of The Incredibles, but just not to such an extent.

Plus, as TSS pointed out, the emotions and relationships displayed in Finding Nemo are very potent and most people can relate to at least one of the characters in the film. Once again, I’m not saying this isn’t the case for The Incredibles or for any other Pixar film, just that with Finding Nemo, Pixar really pushed the emotional side of the story.

Oh, and I’ll move this thread to the Finding Nemo section of the boards.

Uh, I hear a lot of people saying the Incredibles was their favorite Pixar movie. Same with WALL-E, Up, Ratatouille, all of them really. Different people have different tastes, hun. Not everyone is going to like the same movie as you.

I like FN more because of the emotion and detail in the father/child relationship. I think its gorgeous how they had the fearful, overprotective father risk his life doing something he is so afraid of in order to save his only son. The Incredibles, don’t get me wrong, its a great movie, but there wasn’t any of that. There was the father learning to appreciate his life instead of yearning for the glory years, but I couldn’t relate my family life to that since my dad never had the whole mid-life crisis. I could, however, relate with FN when the father had to learn to let his son grow up, as I have a similar relationship with my dad sometimes.

Again, people will have different opinions as you. Its a fact of life. That doesn’t mean they’re “wrong,” it just means they have a different opinion.

Oh, and honey, this is just a personal pet peeve of mine, but you might want to tone down the punctuation. One question mark will serve just as well. /endsgrammarnazimoment

Because this is all completely a matter of opinion. I agree with what Rac Rules said. Different things will appeal to different people. Thats why there are different kinds of movies! Finding Nemo was my favorite Pixar movie till Cars came out. And I still love FN very much. It brings up good feelings in me and I have an attachment to it that I just didnt get with the Incredibles. Not to say I dont enjoy TI, but if we all loved the same thing, this wouldnt be a very interesting place, would it? :slight_smile:

Could someone lock this up? I’m a bad person, I used too much exaggerative grammar, I get it. I’m autistic, I’m 14, and I guess I can’t handle my own medicine.

We don’t hate you because you’re autistic. Don’t think things like that. We just wish that you could respect peoples opinions.

Please lock this up?

No worries, Incredigirl95, I’ll lock this up and move it.

No worries, Incredigirl95, I’ll lock this up and move it. But you’re not a bad person at all! You just need to learn to respect other people’s opinions, that’s all.

No worries, Incredigirl95, I’ll lock this up and move it. But you’re not a bad person at all! You just need to learn to respect other people’s opinions, that’s all.