Toy Story 3 Pixar References

Now, some might say it’s too soon and a thread of this might already exist without me knowing it, but I feel that we need to begin to bring the easter eggs in Toy Story 3 out into the light of day (in an organized fashion). I have already discovered multiple easter egg in the trailer alone including:

Snot Rod from the movie Cars appears as the picture for August on Andy’s calender. The batteries that power Buzz are made by Buy n Large. There is a picture of a clown fish in the preschool when Buzz shoots up to grab hold of the overhanging wire (though this might just be a coincidental thing). The red Luxo lamp is still in Andy’s room. On Buzz’s backside there is a printing that has the copyright symbol and says Disney/Pixar. There is a letter on Andy’s bulletin from “Carl & Ellie” of the movie Up. The KratFM sticker from the Pizza Planet truck in the original Toy Story is on the board as well. A very small sticker of Crush or a turtle from Finding Nemo is on Andy’s door with it’s head covered by a blue skateboard/dragon sticker. So many! Has anyone else found any others?

Nicely examined! I know Bryko614 did a frame-by-frame review of the trailer in 1080p, and has found most of those, possibly more. [spoil]I spotted the letter from Carl and Ellie on the billboard,[/spoil] I love it! :smiley:

Where can I find Bryko614’s examination of the trailer?

I think he pointed out a few things in the Anyone see the new trailer? thread (on the last page). I love how even Pixar’s trailers have got so many in-jokes! You’ve got some great finds there, Small Mailman. I’ll have to keep an eye out the next time I watch the trailer.

[spoil]Hahaha wut. xD Is the BNL logo gonna be an every movie gag now? Cause my inner WALL-E geek would be incredibly happy about that. xD[/spoil]

Just adding to this thread (because I’d hate to see a Pixar reference thread die) some new “easter eggs” that I have discovered in the new trailer:

1. A plush Totoro from the Hiyao Miyazaki film titled My Neighbor Totoro appears at the day care. 2. A “Newt Xing” sticker is on Andy’s door as a reference to an actual sign on Pixar’s property that I assume referenced the film Newt. 3. I’m not sure about this one but there’s a toy Manta Ray in the film that looks very similar to Mr. Ray from Finding Nemo. 4. Not really a true reference but when Woody uses the computer, he’s browsing using Safari on a Mac (just another Pixar reference to apple) 5. The train that Woody is driving in the trailer has “95” on the side of it which I believe is either a reference to Lightning McQueen’s number or to the year the original Toy Story was released.

Those are the most recent references I have been able to find. Anybody else find any that I may have missed?

One more reference that I have found upon my 9th or 10th viewing of the trailer:

Red the fire truck from Cars appears as a regular fire truck toy behind Lotso to his left in the trailer. He appears at the point where Lotso says “Welcome to Sunny-side folks.”

That reference was a tricky one to spot. Now, I’m not certain that this is a true reference but the two [spoil]Fire trucks[/spoil] do look similar.

Nice find. Guess that’s another tribute to Joe Ranft.

Two more easter eggs have been officially announced by Lee Unkrich on Twitter:

1. Lightning McQueen appears as an old-fashioned wooden toy car in the scene where the little girl hugs Lotso. 2. Four toys from the Pixar short film Tin Toy appear in the bottom right corner of the screen when Rex eagerly runs to the front door of the Daycare.

I also saw a toy tractor right before that, probably as a reference to the tractor tipping scene with Mater. Lots of Cars references in this film.

The bug twitch seems to resemble rockmobile from toy story as one of the mutant toys. just thought i’d mention that.

Well, there’s the obvious [spoil]A113 car number plate that’s probably been mentioned elsewhere on the boards[/spoil], and I wonder what the [spoil]message on the computer screen means- “U there? I made it 2 the Dark Fortress!!” (I believe that’s what it says).[/spoil] Not an in-joke as such, I’m just curious about it really.

Hey everyone, check out this article on /Film. It has pictures for all of the easter eggs in the new trailer.
slashfilm.com/2010/02/12/toy … -revealed/

Man! That re-volting thing was sneaky! That’s pretty hardcore, lol. I also love that name…“re-volting”

Any one think that they would out tim allen’s signature grunt in toy story 3 be great wouldn’t it.

Amazing how many in-jokes they managed to cram into a mere trailer.
I can’t wait to see what else is hidden in TS3.
And of course… [spoil]Totoro[/spoil] is the greatest cameo ever :smiley: :exclamation:

I couldn’t agree more! :smiley:

Thanks for the link, Small Mailman. I can’t quite believe just how many in-jokes there are in that trailer! Incredible.

While viewing the extended clip from a while back, I noticed that Andy has a model airplane hanging from his ceiling. I compared it to the plane from The Incredibles and I think it is a match. Can anyone confirm this or supply pictures?

What plane? Ive looked through it and havnt spoted it yet. the only plan I saw in older Andys room is in the canceled video game version. Is it the same one as that?