OWP's Fanart

OK, so I’ve been talking about posting art for a while, and now I finally am! Yay! XD
Anyway, the art you’ll be seeing is artwork of mine that pretty much has only been viewed by me. It’s stuff that I drew on the computer to start with, and later I’ll post some physical drawings and maybe some other stuff. I’ve drawn on the computer so much that at one point I had almost forgotten how to draw with a pen or pencil! :nerd: But now I’m good and I can effectively do both mediums. I’ve been really inspired to improve my abilities since early 2010, and I hope you all like my art. You can go to disney.go.com/create/artists/CARSGirl to see some more of my drawings and stuff. And I want to go ahead and apologize if I sound at all like I’m bragging; I don’t mean to, and I know that there are about a billion artists who are better than I am! I appreciate your feedback. I’m always trying to improve! Now, enough chitchat, how about some fanart?

Here is a drawing of Lightning McQueen, humanized! I think that drawings like this made up half of my usual drawings in the last year. I can only do them in their usual vehicular forms when I have reference and a lot of time, so when I’m in a mood to draw Cars but don’t have the time, I draw them most often as humans. This particular one I made just for Pixar Planet! Like? I admit I’m still not that good at drawing guys, but like I said, I’m improving!
More stuff to come… :slight_smile:

Nice! I like the shading a lot, especially on the hair and shoes. And hey, you’re not bragging… that’s what art threads are for! :wink:

First of all, thanks for the compliment, Snipe! I usually draw stuff on the computer with Microsoft Paint, but to add the fancy shading I had to use GIMP 2.0, a photo-editing program. I usually don’t shade to that extent on Paint drawings! Anyway, I realize that one Lightning drawing will not suffice for this thread; that is why I spent most of last night and this afternoon working on this

It’s the Tuner Gang from Cars - humanized! I know I draw a lot of these. Anyway, the idea started when I got a new issue of Cars Magazine yesterday, and two of the comics in there featured the “Delinquent Road Hazards”. And then it occured to me that I had never humanized these guys… and they look so cool! Thus, I gave Wingo cool shades and insane green-streaked hair, Boost got cool hair and a cool T-Shirt (it says “How’s my driving? Ha! Ha!” same as one of the Pizza Planet Truck’s bumper stickers), DJ has headphones and a cool shirt, and SnotRod looks like the obvious outcast. The shading took the longest; if you can tell, their jeans are faded and they even have some acne :slight_smile:. I hope you all like it. I plan to post some more Pixar art soon!

Whoa, I love these! In the Lightning one, I love his hair and the jacket. In his jacket, are the grey areas shading or lightning bolts? Either way, he looks pretty cool. :sunglasses: And of course, the DRH look super hip. I love Boost’s shirt! Haha. :wink: and Wingo’s shades. They (including Lightning) look mostly how I imagine them too. I can’t wait to see more! You do a great job! :smiley:

Awesome job! You have a particular style and I really like it. My favorite one is probably Lightning.

Aww, thanks guys! Again, I really appreciate the feedback… especially when it’s positive! :smiley:

• SallyMcQueen, just to let you know, the gray things on Lightning’s jacket are supposed to be lightning bolts like his lucky stickers. Yeah, I know they aren’t my best lightning bolts… anyway, the outfit design was based off his “Cruisin’ McQueen” look that I love so much! And that’s cool that we both see them similarly! Great minds think alike! :mrgreen:
  • And thanks again, pixarmilan! My style was originally based off the character design of the Garfield comics (mostly because I couldn’t draw much beyond animals until mid-2010), but over the last two years has begun to get a touch of Disney and Pixar styles in it along with some of my own “thing”. I’m glad you like it!
    Anyway, I’m currently planning some new ideas for drawings… I know that I need to do some more Pixar art that’s not just Cars-related. But I’ve also been thinking up some possible fanfics… stay tuned…

OK, as of late, I’ve been getting new ideas about every three seconds. But that’s not abnormal for me; what I don’t usually do is get new ideas for Pixar art and fanfiction every three seconds. I’ve seen so much great art here that every fiber of my being is screaming for me to post more of my drawings, but I’ve been wanting to do something different. Now, I love how some of the artists here post crafty things, like K9Girl’s cardboard WALL-E and Lightning, and I was thinking “Have I ever made anything crafty that’s Pixar?” and it occured to me that yes, I have!

In 2007, I got a Shrinky Dink jewelry kit for Christmas. And at the time, jewelry making wasn’t something I had ever done. But I found making these to be so fun! I did these back in early 2010, which is when I realized how much I loved Pixar. So, I began by making the ABL one, and then I made the Up one, both as necklaces. The other three I haven’t made into necklaces yet. I had so much fun making these, and I would’ve made more, but I ran out of the special Shrinky Dink paper I need for these. I hope I can find some more so I do the rest of the films!

Awww, these are so cute! I think the A Bug’s Life one is the best and I think it’s my favorite. :slight_smile:

Their great. I really think they look wonderful, especially the Cars and A Bug’s Life ones.

Thanks again, pixarmilan and SallyMcQueen! You two have been so supportive! :slight_smile:
So, I haven’t drawn anything exclusively for Pixar Planet yet, but I did a really nice drawing of Lotso from TS3 on DisneyCreate yesterday. You can view it here disney.go.com/create/art/2gs11k6 … O-i-b28df5
I decided to draw him because, first, I had a request for him months ago. Second, because I’d watched TS3 a couple of weeks ago and got some great screenshots and found what I thought was a cool Lotso expression. Finally, I just felt like drawing him for some reason :slight_smile: But that’s how I draw most often… when a sudden craving to draw something comes around or when a great idea surfaces! And I’ve drawn a couple of Lotsos before back in 2010, and they were really cruddy for the most part, but I think this one came out well.

Nice job with the Lotso. His expression is captured really nicely there.

I love it! The artwork is really nice and I agree, his expression is really nice and in character. :slight_smile:

Great job, Obbsessed!

Wow, I really like your artwork! Especially your drawing of Lotso!

I love those Pixar charms! Especially the WALL•E and Ratatouille ones!

Thanksies everybody! A big thanks to modeltrainman, CowgirlJessie, and JustSoWall-eCrazy for checking out my art for the first time :smiley:
Now, I feel the urge to finish my drawing of humanized Marlin and Dory…

I can’t wait!

As I mentioned previously, I have a new drawing to show to you all! I intended to finish it back on Saturday, but then I got distracted drawing Merida as a My Little Pony on Create…
Yesss, that’s a long story as to why I’m drawing that kind of thing, but anyway, here’s the humanized Marlin and Dory now!

So… why did I choose to draw this? It all started when I looked at HelloDolly44’s Polyvore Nemo fashion collection, and that got me thinking that I had never made a permanent drawing of the characters as humans. And then the next day, it was FN’s 9-year-aversary (thanks to my Pixar daily calendar, I was able to remember this). I was originally only going to draw Dory, but the minute this particular scene got in my head… I had decided on drawing Dory and Marlin. Their poses were crazy hard to draw, and I know that it’s not the best I’ve done in the area of human anatomical structure. But I thought because Marlin was looking rather submissive and desolate sitting on the cliff rock in this scene, as a human Marlin might be sitting down with his arms wrapped around his knees. While Dory just looks extremely sweet on her hands and knees smiling, trying to cheer him up. There are a lot of obvious flaws to it, but I still like it enough that I decided I ought to put it up anyway. Considering all things, it’s better than some of my previous attempts. This is seriously one of my favorite scenes/quotes in Pixar history… :smiley:

I think you did a good job of representing the scene in human form.

It’s great! You represented them very well in human form. I love their outfits. :slight_smile: