Cars 2 Goodies!!! (teaser and new concept art)

Here is the teaser:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIjPDIozOOI

and here are 3 new concept art pictures from Empire [url]http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29256[/url]

The teaser has been tweeted by absolutely everyone this morning, I think I’ve accidentally watched it 10 times by now. I don’t have much to say about it…

Thanks for linking to that concept art. Interesting.

Reaction to trailer: I know! I know! I know! :-D) It’s not much, but it’s nice just to know that Pixar still cares. One thing that I found interesting is that Randy Newman is one of the links in the summary of the YouTube page. That could just mean that people could identify the original Cars by Randy, and I don’t know how close Pixar is to their YouTube page, but this could mean that the Michael Giacchino rumor is false. I’m 14% sure it is. I still hope it’s Mikey though, because he can deliver the worldwide flare this movie needs.

Reaction to concept art: Cool, seeing Lightning cruising near Westminster Abbey looks very unique and interesting. Also…I knew it! I knew from the start my home of Italy would be a visiting location in the film, but I expected it to be Tourist traps such as Rome or Florence, but the iconic Almafi Coast! I just had an “enlightenment-achieving” shreik of joy! Not only am I honored that Pixar did their research yet again by including the Almafi Coast. With it’s ridiculous turns and huge cliffs it will look fantastic in 3-D, and as a racing location. Also, I’m honored because I drove through the A.C. nearly twenty times during my time spent living in Italy. I can only imagine Guido and Luigi’s reaction to this. :laughing: “Oh, Mamma Mia. Guido, punch me in the face! We are going to Italia domani! Oh, Bravo!”

I included that pic as my new desktop wallpaper.

Based on the reactions on this site, I honestly think I’m the only one who saw those awesome lasers.

Check out these negative nellies in the comments…bashing a film after a 35 second teaser trailer.

slashfilm.com/2010/10/20/tea … qus_thread

Wow, so they really are going down the spy movie theme, huh? As much as it all looks snazzy, what I loved about the original was that deep American country feel, that small town coziness, and obviously it can’t be helped that that will be lost in a sequel where the main characters travel all over the world. I’ll reserve absolute judgement until later, but I’m not massively convinced at the moment.

The concept art looks lovely, though. Seems like the scenery in this film is going to be spectacular!

Those are the type of blanks I don’t like… :imp: :unamused:

Calm down or at least start getting used to it, because as more stuff about Cars 2 comes out, the more negativity there will be.

x3haijessiex3, what are you talking about? I am calm… :laughing:

Usually when someone puts a mad face one would assume they are irked. Sorry if I assumed wrong, but even still, people are going to dislike this movie. It’s called ignoring them. When someone posts a link like that after they just said people are bashing the movie and you know you like Cars and you don’t want your feelings hurt then just don’t click it.

I was a bit annoyed earlier at the negative reactions, but then I convinced myself to get used to it because there is a huge number of people who don’t like Cars. It isn’t like it’s going to stop the movie from coming out so it isn’t a problem.

The teaser is just fine with me, it’s not any more exciting than the teaser for Up. The only thing that bothers me is that it’s being released in the middle of october. By this time last year, we already had a full trailer for TS3. I think this movie is going to be great, the only thing that I’m worried about is the release date. I’m starting to think that it will end up coming out in december like it was originally supposed to be…

I was holding off on seeing this so as not to ruin it for myself, but I caved in eventually and watched it. Nice! Definitely makes me curious. I still don’t know that much about the movie, and while I’m not sure if this is one of Pixar’s better teasers, it should still pique everyone’s interest :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m excited.

I didn’t find those commentaries so awful.

Most of them couldn’t deny that while Cars was the weakest Pixar film, it’s still a very good movie.

Well, this is gonna be WAY better than the original. Bring on the laser trip wires, security cameras, and man-eating robo-pirahna! Ok, I got a little carried way there, but still! :smiley:

I am feeling very positively charged right now. :smiley:

I’ll say! I already changed my footnote image! (BTW, if that word is considered offensive, I will remove it).

I’m kind of hoping it’s not the full Teaser Trailer though. 35 secs is a tad short for a PIXAR one.

I love that signature!! :smiley:

Thanks! I’ll probably have to adapt something like that to my homemade luxo JR soon.

By the way, any upcoming characters you guys are excited to see? I’m hoping that they bring back Sally and find potentially new voices for Filmore and Doc Hudson.

All I can hope for is Sally. I miss her. :stuck_out_tongue: But other than that, I love them all so I don’t mind. Cheech Marin said he recorded lines for Ramone so we know he’s going to be there.