Why Jan Pinkava left Pixar!

Laika won’t be making animated features for some time–they’re focusing on commercials. Jan quit Pixar when he couldn’t stand the heat in the kitchen. That’s all. Same with that Lou Romano guy.

And Henry Selick wasn’t hired by Pixar at all. Stop spreading misinformation.

Take it easy AlphaDog! read before you attack…

AlphaDog stop spreading misinformation!

filmschoolrejects.com/news/h … -pixar.php

[url]http://twitchfilm.net/news/2010/04/henry-selick-bringing-stop-motion-to-pixar.php[/url]

:laughing: :laughing:

Although I know very little about the situation that went on (is going on?) about Jan Pinkava, I KNOW that he is one of the Pillars of Pixar, regardless if he’s not working there anymore. He was one of the creative minds during Pixar’s early days and first films, and he deserves resepct and honor for what he’s done!
As someone who is seriously interested in working at Pixar in the future, I truly believe that the creative story department there is devoted COMPLETELY to the success of a good story. I have listened to SO many of Pixar’s driving forces - John Lasseter, Andrew Stanton, Brad Bird - and they keep saying “It’s all about story, it’s all about story…” They will not put anything on the big screen that they don’t believe in as far as the story goes, and that is why Pixar is so successful with their films.
The creative team at Pixar probably and truly believed in Pinkava’s idea of “Ratatouille”, but they must have felt that it was not a story they could run with and be sucessful with at the same time. This does NOT mean Pinkava was a “bad” writer. Look at “Geri’s Game!” It was a masterpiece! :slight_smile:

At least they gave Pinkava the credits and titles of “Original Story” and “Co-director” for “Ratatouille”.

Selick isn’t working for Pixar.

He’s working for Disney. Stop spreading misinformation.

Technically speaking, theyr’e the same company, but then I’d say Pixar was working for DIsney, too.

I for one am glad only the BEST stay at Pixar. It means more great movies!