Toy Story 4

:open_mouth: Epic last lines there…but now I’m sad. I liked the chapter. Well, I didn’t, but it was well-written. It’s the content I didn’t like. You know what I mean.

Don’t you just love cliffhangers?

Chapter 7: Al’s Part 2!

“Well, I guess that’s it, guys. She’s gone,” Woody said, sadly.

“We have to replace, we just have to!” Buzz said.

“But, if we get a new Jessie, won’t she be deluded like Buzz was?” Rex asked.

“I don’t know, but if we could teach Buzz, then we teach the new Jessie about us, right?” Woody asked.

“I guess so,” Slinky said, warily.

“Well, let’s just wait until everyone’s left, then go in and buy a new Jessie doll!” Woody said, trying to rally the toys.

About 30 minutes, the store was empty and the toys headed in.

“It’s a bit bigger than I remember,” Buzz said.

“Bigger? It’s huge!” Mr. Potato Head said, impressed.

From the outside, it looked small, but inside it was 38 aisles spaced together by 3 or 4 feet. The brightest was the Barbie aisle. The Buzz Lightyear aisle shone bright blue across the entire store.

“I think aisle 14 is the one we’re looking for,” said Woody, reading the map of the store.

“Alright, let’s go!” Buzz said as they hurried off to aisle 14.

“There!” said Rex, pointing to a box on the very top shelf.

“Alright, I’ll get it,” Buzz said as he jumped up onto to the next shelf and climbed up to the top and kicked the box off. Woody managed to stay underneath it and caught it.

“Alright, let’s pay and get outta here!” Woody said.

“Wait, do we have money?” Buzz asked.

“Of course we do! Hamm’s a piggy bank, for goodness sake!” Potato Head said.

“Oh, right,” Buzz said.

After paying for Jessie, they went back to the truck and left for Sunnyside.

Chapter 8 soon!!

But…but…but…it won’t be the same Jessie :cry:

I liked the chapter, keep updating :slight_smile:

Well I guess the new won’t be sad about Emily, for the new one doesn’t know about her. I agree with Evil_Genius_27. :cry: It won’t be the same.

I’m sure you’ll make it work though because this fanfiction is really good. :smiley: Can’t wait for the next!!

Chapter 8: Jessie’s Replacement

Once the toys returned to Sunnyside, they went straight for Mrs. Potato Head, who had fashioned a casket for Jessie out of LEGOs.

“Impressive,” Mr. Potato Head said as he hugged Mrs. Potato Head.

“What’s that?” she asked, noticing the new Jessie box.

“It’s our new Jessie,” Buzz responded.

“But won’t she be deluded like Buzz was?” Mrs. Potato Head asked.

“Yeah, but we can fix her,” Woody said.

“Well, come on, we have to bury Jessie before New Jessie can come out of the box,” Woody said.

Jessie’s casket was carried by Buzz and Woody out to Jessie’s favorite spot at Sunnyside. They dug a hole, lowered her in, and recovered it. Then, they went back in and began opening New Jessie’s box.

“Wow, that’s a lot of wires,” Buzz said, looking at the back of New Jessie’s box.

“Are there any scissors here?” Woody asked.

“No! The teacher took them all when she left for the weekend!” Mrs. Potato Head said.

“Don’t worry, Woody, we picked some up when you weren’t looking,” Hamm said.

They took the scissors and began cutting the wires in New Jessie’s box. After 10 minutes, they were finished.

“Now, we need to turn her on,” Woody said as he flipped the switch on New Jessie’s back from “Demo” to “On.”

“Why isn’t anything happening?” Rex asked when New Jessie remained on the floor, limp as a rag doll.

“It says she needs 8 AA batteries (not included),” Buzz said, reading New Jessie’s box.

“Are there any batteries around?” said Woody, irritably.

“No, the last new ones were put in Buzz when they changed him,” Mrs. Potato Head said.

“Oh, we grabbed batteries, just in case,” Slink said.

Woody took the batteries and put them into New Jessie. At once, she perked up and started to move. She looked around at all the toys, surveyed their faces and said, “Yee-haw!”

“Yes, it worked,” said Buzz, jumping for joy.

“Not quite. We still need to see it she knows who I am and who Bullseye is, at the least,” Woody said.

“Hey boys and girls, wanna go to a rodeo?” New Jessie asked no one in particular.

“Darn. It didn’t work,” Buzz said gloomily.

“Hey, we can fix this, right guys?” Woody asked everyone.

“I don’t know if we can. She’s pretty deluded,” Buzz said as Jessie used an imaginary rope and tried to “lasso” Slinky.

“Buzz, you were really deluded, so if we can fix you, we can her, right?” Woody said, matter-of-factly.

“He’s got a point there,” Mr. Potato Head said.

“So, come on, guys. We’ve got till Tuesday. Let’s convince New Jessie she’s a toy alright?” Woody said, rallying the troops.

And that’s what they did. For three days, each toy took a turn trying to get to New Jessie, but nothing was working. The only thing she had managed to do was learn the toys’ names. It was hopeless.

Chapter 9 tomorrow! :smiley:

At least there’s a new Jessie, however it won’t be the same without the old one. :neutral_face: This new Jessie seems pretty hard to tame too. Buzz was easier to convince.

That’s always been the things with Jessie. She’s always hyper. :open_mouth:

Glad to finally see a new chapter!

Chapter 9: Danny Returns

Danny wasn’t there on Tuesday. Or Wednesday. Or Thursday. By the time he did show up, on Friday, it looked like he had been crying because he had red marks all down the side of his face.

“Danny, you’re here!” the teacher said, walking over to him. “Why are you so late?”

“I didn’t want to come today because of Bobby. But my dad made me come,” Danny said, wiping more tears of his face.

“Don’t worry, Danny. Bobby’s been expelled, you don’t have to worry about him anymore,” the teacher said, smiling.

“But, I heard what happened on Saturday,” Danny said.

“Oh, that. Well, it’s okay because we got a New Jessie doll,” the teacher said. “See?” She showed him New Jessie.

“But, what about the old one?” Danny asked.

“Umm, I don’t know where it when. It wasn’t here when I got here on Tuesday. Maybe the police threw it away,” the teacher said with a puzzled look on her face.

“The police??” Danny said, startled.

“Oh yeah, I called the police and they arrested Bobby’s father, but it’s nothing to worry about, it’s all behind us,” the teacher said. “Now, it’s naptime, so why don’t you lie down and try to sleep. Okay, Danny?”

“Okay,” Danny said, picking a spot near the toys.

“Okay, kids, naptime!” the teacher called out to the other kids.

As all the kids picked a spot on the floor, Danny lied down and began to cry. Eventually, he cried himself to sleep.

“Wow, Danny’s been traumatized by this whole Bobby thing,” Buzz said as soon as the last kid fell asleep.

“Yeah, but it’ll all blow over soon enough,” Woody said.

“I hope so,” Slinky said.

At 3:30, Danny’s grandma showed up to take him home.

“Are you okay, buddy? You seemed pretty upset this morning,” Andy’s mom said.

“Yeah, I’m fine. It’s just Bobby,” Danny responded.

“I understand, but you need to get over it, he’s out of your life now,” Andy’s mom said.

“Yeah, I guess,” Danny said.

“Alright, let’s go home now,” Andy’s mom said as she and Danny walked out of the daycare center.

Once all the kids left, the toys began to talk about Danny.

“Poor Danny. Bobby’s ruining his life,” Mr. Potato Head said.

“Yeah, but if he never sees Bobby again, I’m sure he’ll forget all about him,” Buzz said.

“Well, come on, we need to keep trying to undeluded New Jessie,” Woody said.

Chapter 10 tomorrow or Sunday. Not Saturday as that’s Christmas.

"

I felt like this chapter was pretty short, detail wise. I liked it though; it was still sweet. It’s nice to know that his father is gone, but I feel bad that he isn’t able to let go.

Can’t wait to see the next. :slight_smile:

You know how I said I would post my next chapter tomorrow? I lied. This chapter was (IMO) too good to hold off on showing y’all. Here it is!

Chapter 10 The Breakthrough

The toys gathered around on Saturday to think of a plan to get to New Jessie. No one said anything, then Buzz had an idea.

"We could show her Old Jessie! I mean I found out I was a toy from seeing a commercial for me, so it might work!

“Hey, that’s a great idea. We could show her that there are millions of toys just like her!” Woody said.

“Alright, let’s do it!” Buzz said.

So the toys took New Jessie to Old Jessie’s grave. They unburied Jessie’s casket and opened it. Old Jessie looked the same as she did when she did, just a bit dirtier. They let New Jessie look at Old Jessie for a while. After 5 minutes, New Jessie turned to the toys and said, “Why does she look like me?”

“Because,” Buzz said, “you’re a toy. There are hundreds of others of others out there like you. Trust me, I know.”

“So I’m not a real cowgirl?”

“No, you’re just dressed like one. Like I’m not a real cowboy. I’m just dressed like one,” Woody said.

New Jessie stood and stared at them for awhile before turning and going back inside.

“Well, that went well,” Mr. Potato Head said.

“I wonder what she’s thinking right now,” Buzz pondered.

“Well, what were you thinking when you came to the crashing realization you were a toy?” Woody asked Buzz.

“I was thinking a lot. My mind was racing pretty fast,” Buzz responded.

“Well, that’s probably what’s going through her head,” Slinky said.

In reality, Jessie was thinking one thing: How could I have been so stupid? I should have realized it. Why didn’t I?

“Hey Jessie, how’s it going?” Woody asked gingerly.

“How do you think it’s going?” Jessie snapped back.

“I don’t know how it’s going! I’ve never been in this situation before!” Woody snapped back.

“I just feel so angry about everything. I should have know from the moment I came out of the box,” New Jessie said, fighting back tears.

“Hey; there’s no need to cry. I went through the same ordeal and I felt the same way. Look at me now,” Buzz said.

“Yeah, I guess,” New Jessie said. “But, what’s so great about being a toy?”

“There’s plenty of great things about being a toy!” Woody said.

“Like what?” New Jessie said, skeptically.

“Well, you’ll be loved forever, by great kids. You’ll never be outgrown. Your life will be perfect,” Buzz said, eerily similar to the same speech Lotso gave them when they came to Sunnyside.

“Well, we’ll leave you alone with your thoughts. Just dwell on it for a bit and come and tell us when you’ve fully realized it, okay?” Woody said.

“Okay,” Jessie responded.

The toys left, leaving Jessie alone to think it over. After 5 hours of dwelling on it, she went over to the gang and said, “Alright, I’ve accepted it. That doesn’t mean I like it, but I’ve accepted it.”

“Excellent,” Woody said. "Come on, we need to get ready for another day of playtime. So, join us, won’t you?

“Okay,” Jessie said as she sat down with the gang.

Chapter 11 tomorrow!

Jessie doesn’t seem so confident with that answer. :confused:

Wow, three chapters in one day! I’m on fire!

Chapter 11 The Threat

Danny was noticeably better when he came on Monday. He looked like he stopped crying and finally come to the fact that Bobby was out of his life. Only, he wasn’t. On Thursday, at mailtime, there was a letter without a return address delievered. She opened it, read it, and looked up with a grimace.

“Kids,” she said, “it’s time to go.”

“Go where?” Jessie K. asked.

“Just away from here,” the teacher responded.

“Like where?” Jeff D. asked.

“Home. You guys need to go home,” the teacher said.

“But why?” Thomas B. asked.

“Because we’re in trouble,” the teacher said.

The kids needed no telling twice. They grabbed their stuff and ran towards the bus. Once they all left, the toys ran over to the note the teacher had dropped. It read: It ain’t over yet! It was crudely written and unsigned.

“I wonder who’s it’s from,” Jessie said.

“I don’t know. But it can’t be a friend,” Buzz said.

“It’s probably from Bobby. I mean, the message ‘It ain’t over yet.’ It was probably meant for Danny,” Woody said.

“Then, why didn’t Bobby send it to Danny?” Slinky asked.

“I don’t know, Slink, I don’t know,” Woody said.

After the police came and searched the daycare, the kids were able to return, but only a handful did. Danny was one of them. He was visibly shaken by the sudden evacuation, but seemed alright with it. It was Christmas Eve Eve Eve so the teacher handed out gifts to everyone, except Danny. She explained, “Danny, your gift is special. I want to give it to you in private.”

3:30 came around and Andy was there to pick up Danny. The teacher went over, whispered something in Andy’s ear, and then went to dismiss the kids. Once everyone but Danny and Andy had gone, the teacher went to the toy chest, picked up Andy’s old toys and gave them to Danny.

“These belong to you, not us,” she said. “You play so nicely with them that you can have them. Make sue you play nice with them at home.”

“I will. I mean, he will, he will play nicely with them,” Andy said, embarrassed.

Danny still hadn’t said anything since the teacher gave him the toys. Then, he finally said, “Wow.”

No more chapters today! Chapter 12 tomorrow!

Chapter 12 The Best Christmas Ever (Makes sense, huh? :stuck_out_tongue: )

Andy’s house was exactly the same as it was when the toys last saw it. Andy’s room was exactly the same as when the toys last saw it, except it now belonged to Danny. The toys were half-expecting Buster to come bounding up to Andy and Danny, but they knew that Buster wouldn’t be there. Molly was nowhere to be seen either.

“Hey, Mom, where’s Molly?” Andy asked.

“Oh, she’s staying after school. Some sort of practice or something, I don’t even know,” Andy’s mom responded from the kitchen.

“Where’s Becca?” Andy inquired.

“She’s still at work, dear,” Andy’s mom replied.

“Oh, right, right,” Andy said, more to himself than to Danny. “Come on, let’s take your new toys upstairs!” Andy said to Danny.

“Okay!” Danny said gleefully as he followed his father upstairs to his room. Everything was exactly the same as it was when Andy was Danny’s age. The yellow stars on the sky blue wallpaper, the bed, everything.

“Come on, kiddo. We gotta get you ready for the play rehearsal tonight,” Andy said.

“Oh, alright,” Danny said, even though he really wanted to play with his new toys.

Once Andy and Danny had left, the toys began to talk.

“Wow, I can’t believe we’re back in the room,” Woody said, looking around.

“Yeah. Who would’ve thought 7 years ago that we’d be back?” Buzz asked.

“Not me,” Slinky said.

“Definitely not me,” Rex said.

“Hey, who was that man?” New Jessie asked.

“Oh, right, you don’t know. Duh,” Woody said. “That’s Andy. Our old owner. When he went to college, he gave us to Sunnyside. After we failed to escape, we lost all hope. But now? Now, we’re back. It’s just too overwhelming.”

Woody then went over to the toy chest and sat down.

“This is the greatest thing that has ever happened to us ever!” Rex said.

“Quick, someone’s coming,” Hamm said.

Everyone returned to their original spots. Andy’s mom walked in. She saw the toys on the floor and began to cry. She then put the toys in the old toy chest and walked away, sniffling.

“What’s her problem?” Mr. Potato Head asked once Andy’s mom left the room and all the toys had scrambled out of the toy chest.

“She’s probably thinking of all the times Andy would play with us. They’re happy tears,” Buzz said.

Chapter 13 either 12/31 or 1/1.

opens door to story Hello-hello-hello! Sorry for the long wait on new chapters. Update coming either Wednesday or Friday, depending on when I feel like it.

I hope you can update soon, I really liked reading this. I hope the toys will get some playtime with Andy, that’d be cool to see. I wonder when Andy will find out that Jessie isn’t his Jessie because Andy being who he is will eventually find out. I just have one question, what happened to Lotso, Ken, Barbie, and Lotso’s little group? That’s kind of been bugging me as I’ve been reading, every time there’s some kind of mysterious voice I keep thinking it’s Lotso. Hopefully you can address it soon.

Funny, you say that. Because the next chapter, which I am posting after the jump, Lotso makes an appearance.

Chapter 13 The Return

After Christmas was over, Danny had to return to Sunnyside. Andy let him bring two toys everyday. Today he brought Buzz and Woody.

It was fun while it lasted, Woody thought as he and Buzz were held in Danny’s arms.

Danny walked in. The first thing he noticed was that Bobby was back.The second thing he noticed was that Bobby was holding a pink bear who smelled distinctly like strawberries.

“Hey, Danny,” Bobby said, walking up to him holding the bear.

“Hello, Robert,” Danny said, looking away.

“Hey, I see you got new toys,” Bobby said, pointing at the bear.

“Oh, yeah. His name is Lots’O’Huggin’Bear. But I call him Lotso. He smells like strawberries. Wanna smell?” Bobby said, holding Lotso to Danny’s face.

“No thanks. I–. Wow, that smells fantastic!” Danny said, taking a whiff of Lotso.

“I know, right! Hey, it’s almost snacktime. Wanna sit with me?” Bobby asked.

“Sure!” Danny said.

Sure enough, five minutes later, it was snacktime. Bobby took Lotso with him to the cafeteria. Danny left Woody and Buzz in the room.

“Oh, no! Lotso’s back!” Woody said, sincerely concerned.

“It’s probably not the same Lotso. You remember he was strapped to that garbage truck at the dump,” Buzz said.

“I sure hope you’re right,” Woody said.

Once the kids returned, Danny took Woody and Buzz and began to play with Lotso and Bobby. It seemed that Bobby felt sorry for what he did and tried to make amends with Danny. At naptime, Bobby snuggled up with Lotso, while Danny left Woody and Buzz next to his cot.

“Well, it looks like Danny and Booby are snug as a bug in a rug,” Woody said, casting a weary look at Lotso.

“And, thanks to Booby, we haven’t been able to see whether or not it’s the same Lotso,” Buzz said.

“Yeah, but we better warn the guys anyway. Y’know, just in case,” Woody said.

“Yeah, I guess,” Buzz said.

At 3:45, Becca, Danny’s mom, came to pick him up. She had short brown hair and a pretty face. Danny picked up Woody and Buzz and made his way to the old blue van.

I’ll post the next chapter on Monday. I promise.

It’s good the Lotso issue’s being taken care of, like I said it kept bugging me. I’m looking forward to the next update.

So far I have really enjoyed it. I think you have done a great job.
I can’t wait to see what happens next!

It’s only been 2.5 years since I updated this thing! But, whatever, I have a chapter done and sitting in front of me, so why the heck not?

Chapter 14 Back Home

Once they arrived at Andy’s house, Danny made a beeline for upstairs, dropped Woody and Buzz, and ran back downstairs.

“Guys, guys, quick, get out here! We have something to tell you!” Woody shouted towards the toy box.

Quickly, all the toys ran out of the box, all saying, “What? What is it?”

“Lotso. He’s back.” Woody said breathlessly.

GASP. The toys are recoiled in fear, except, of course, for Jessie.

“Who’s Lotso?”

“Oh right, you don’t know about that. Well, when we tried to get out of Sunnyside a few years back, him and his gang stopped us. However, they were all found by some garbageman, and Lotso ended up strapped to the front of his truck. He somehow got away and is back with Bobby,” Buzz explained.

“Wait, Bobby? What in the sam heck is he doing back?” Slinky asked.

Jessie had a very confused look on her face, so Woody felt it necessary to explain what had transpired a month ago.

Once Woody had finished telling Jessie the story, Slink said, “That still doesn’t answer my question. Bobby was kicked out, right? So why is he back?”

“It probably took some serious arm-twisting by his parents to get him back in. I did overhear Andy and Becca talking about a potential lawsuit, so I’m pretty sure that’s why,” Hamm explained, matter-of-factly.

“Anyway, back to Lotso. We weren’t able to find out whether or not it was actually the same Lotso, but whoever goes tomorrow will have to try and find out,” Buzz said.

“Danny’s coming!” Mrs. Potato Head shouted.

Quickly, the toys scrambled back into the toy box, while Buzz and Woody just dropped to the floor. Danny came in with Molly and proceeded to show off every toy he now possessed. Molly was clearly faking excitement, but Danny clearly couldn’t tell. Once he was done, he put all the toys back in the toy box and left the room.

Some time later, Danny and Becca came in. She began to put Danny in bed.

“So, which toys are you gonna take with you tomorrow?” she asked Danny.

“Buzz and Woody!” he said joyfully.

“I thought so,” Becca said with a smile. “Well, good night, sweetie. I love you.”

“I love you too, Mommy,” Danny said as Becca turned out the lights and left the room.

Will I ever make another chapter? I don’t know. If I do, though, stay tuned.