TOY STORY 4 Might Be Happening !!!

I just hope a Toy Story 4 would mean more collection toys…and hopefully only a baddie or two added to the cast…I don’t want to go broke with 40 new toys

Is this serious?
i don’t really want it happening…

tom hanks was on cnn, and he said once again

"“I understand it’s happening and if it is, I hope they’ll hire me.” Hanks tells CNN/HLN’s Showbiz Tonight.

i think he may be right…i bet at this time. pixar is coming up with ideas…ideas they liked, that they’re willing to explore them.

i honestly don’t know what to think.

I LOVE Pixar!
And don’t want them to be like dreamworks (sorry dreamworks fans)
The end was perfectly good and it should be left alone.

All I can say is I hope this is not true…But if it is I hope PIXAR has a great new story so the movie does not flop like Cars 2 did I would hate to see a perfect trilogy be ruined by one bad movie…

Ah, but what if “Toy Story 4” is a PREQUEL to the series, like the new Monsters? It would be interesting to see the backstories behind some of the toys. What happened to them on their journeys from the factory to Andy’s room? This is particularly intriguing in Woody’s case, seeing as he’s so old and certaintly had previous owners (possibly even Andy’s presumably deceased father). And once the toys all got to Andy’s room, how did their hierarchy evolve? Why is Woody the leader? Why do the toys have the personalities that they do now? There’s endless possibilities. I, for one, trust Pixar. No matter what happens, I’m sure they’ll do right by the toys.

I have a feeling Disney is pushing Pixar to make all these sequels I mean Cars 2 just feels like it was forced on them…Even if John says it was his idea I do not buy it and now Monsters University and a possible Toy Story 4 I smell Disney Milking the cash cow if you ask me. :neutral_face:

After seeing some of the recent points, I’ll say we don’t know enough to judge yet. We don’t even have a basis for this yet, since Pixar just didn’t comment in the first place. Although I know some of you are annoyed by sequels, but would you rather they be remakes?

Lasseter got the idea it while he was on tour to promote the first film before it was released.

There is no proof of a cash-in aside from people who don’t like the film being upset because it’s just for fun or people who don’t like the entire franchise to begin with upset because it’s not a sequel to The Incredibles.

And yes, I know that’s quite a polarizing way to put it, but Lasseter loves the franchise and the fact that he wanted to continue it is hardly surprising. The rumor mill and finger pointing from the split fanbase is getting ridiculous.

Anyways, even if there WAS a TS4, it’s kinda early for final voices to be brought in if we’re following the regular 4 year production line. I think this is another case of an actor not knowing what’s going on in the story department which, no offense to actors, isn’t unheard of.

munches popcorn and enjoys the resulting lulz

Can’t say as I like prequels, so no thanks. Besides, how would they incorporate Buzz?

and here’s a link to that recent confirmation:

marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/28 … =allsearch

I don’t think one actor saying they’re making another movie is a confirmation. With no disrespect to Tom Hanks, he sounded like he really didn’t know much about it… I mean, the fact that he’s doubting they’d call him back for it makes me question his judgment a little. Of course they wouldn’t replace him. Sheesh.

Errr, he was JOKING. :unamused:

Then how do we know he wasn’t joking about the whole thing?

You gotta keep in mind we’re seeing this through the lens of the press, and not even specific animation press, but general television press. They want stories because Pixar is big right now. They want ratings. They want something that is juicy.

I’m not saying the news lies, but we don’t know anything about the context of Tom Hank’s comment and- I say it again - I don’t trust a single actor’s opinion on what’s going on in storytelling a good year or two before he’d even be involved Could they have been talking about a short or a TV special and he misheard it?

If it turns out there is a TS4, fine. Great. I just can’t take so little info with so much contextual opportunity and variables as solid proof.

I guess your right. Prequel not Sequel.
But do you know what I’m saying about it being like Dreamworks.

words cannot begin to describe how much i want this to be all just some silly rumor to get people riled up for ~whatever reason~.

ilu, pixar, but really. no more.

actually, I would love to see that one, the prequel sounds much more appealing for me, but the only thing that does not fit in it is Buzz, what would happen to him, he didn’t exist when Woody belonged to Andy’s father???

but I LOVE the idea of a PREQUEL

Here’s my opinion summed up in my Tweet a few days ago:

Difference is that At World’s End wasn’t and absolute closure.

And that we already know about On Stranger Tides at that time (ok, not the title), so we always had the possibility of a sequel in mind. For TS3, we were driven to believe it would be the last one.

I’m reserving judgement on this but I mean, what can they really DO in another sequel which isn’t re-hash of the previous ones only with Bonnie? I mean the first one was about a toy feeling he was replaced, the 2nd was about the fact Andy would grow up SOME day, 3 was when he ACTUALLY grew up (hence 3 WAS pointless really in lieu of 2, not bad but pointless)… apart from revealing to the world that toys think and feel what else can they do which isn’t simply a re-hash of the previous themes before only with Bonnie instead of Andy? I guess you could have Bonnie kidnapped or something along with Woody along for the ride as the toys try to help find them, though that would be a bit out of the left field. Plus well, Woody has been kidnapped before (still with Bonnie having to be saved would add another development). I guess Bonnie could also accidentally misplace Woody or some toys and they also have a road trip but isn’t that just Lotso without the sad and dark ending?

Maybe Bonnie could hand them to someone who doesn’t treat their toys well but actually realise there’s something more to them? IDEK. This is unlikely to be true to begin with IMO and we have little to go on.

There is the problem I guess in these toys in a sense can never have a full ending where they’ll be eternally happy forever and they’ll always be in the same position as we left them when we re-visit them- kids grow out of toys and there’s ALWAYS that risk of something happening to them (which the 2nd movie clearly showed, toys have a limited time period with kids versus the time they can ACTUALLY last, but still they can still be happy all the same and live for the moments they currently have). Since they can’t technically die beyond being incinerated there’s always going to be a risk, ESPECIALLY in a world which doesn’t think they actually do think and feel. People would treat toys differently for sure otherwise- I mean talking to a toy could either be cool or terrifying depending. Plus it would take longer to grow ‘out’ of them if ever.

I’m not sure on prequels in general but I guess it could be interesting to know WHY they’re not allowed to tell humans they are actually alive or even to do so in a sequel . It would change the world if they did though. I mean its life HUMANS possibly created out of thin air and nothing but plastic molds and material, without even realising it at the time! People would want to know how it happened, was it explainable etc or some unexplained phenomenon and did this mean souls were actually definitively real or whatever, but while interesting it probably wouldn’t fit well with the tones of the other movies (different as the 3rd was in a way) the three movies are more small and personal and about the relationships between individuals than about world wide consequences. So in the end that idea is more likely to be better reserved for fanfic really than canon.