Ratatouille Screening at Pixar

So how was it

ROBONICS95?

The event is tonight at 6:00 pm.

It starts with wine and hors d’oeuvres with a silent auction. They will

be auctioning off Ratatouille art work/figures.

(Note to self, bring credit card!)

Then of course

the movie.

Depending on how ‘jazzed’ I am when I get home, I may post tonight on how the event/movie

was.

Best Wishes-

Robert

Well have fun ROBONICS95! :smiley: What time does the event end?

They expect the event to end around

9:30pm

6-7 is silent auction

7-9:30 is presentattion.

Have fun!

:smiley:

Yeah have a great time!!! :slight_smile:

Wow – you’ll be there for a good long while! Have a fantastic time while

there, ROBONICS95! :wink:

Have a good time, ROBONICS95! I’m sure you will…! :wink:

Off topic: Can anyone tell me what time is it right now on California?

Have a great time. :smiley:

Have fun! I wish i

were you now.

Well, when you posted that, it was 1:30 PM, it’s about 3:40 right now.

Don’t you live in Spain? What time is it there? :wink:

Gasduude - Unless I’m much mistaken,

Maggie lives in Portugal. Pretty far away… :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Ah, Portugal. I just looked it up: If it’s 4:00 pm

Pacific time, it’s Midnight there. Pretty neat! :stuck_out_tongue:

I have just returned from the screening and had a fantastic time!

The lobby was of course decorated

for the event. As you enter the doors and directly to the right was an “outdoor Parisian Cafe” setting

STOCKED with up coming Ratatouille merchandise (Remy salt and pepper shakers, Stephane Kardos’ illustrated

dinner plates, Remy and Emil plush dolls, etc.). Directly in front of me on the lobby floor were the wine and

hors d’oeuvres and to the left were the silent auction pieces. The highlight of the auction pieces being a

Ratatouille “He’s dying to become a chef!” poster signed by Brad Bird.

Multiple Stephane

Kardos’ Ratatouille posters were displayed high on the left and right building frames as you make your way

through the lobby toward the PIXAR theatre. Upstairs on display were clay models, storyboards, and rough sketches

from all previous movies (very fun to see the evolvement of each character from time of conception to final

animation).

At 7:00 pm we were seated in the theatre after being scanned with a wand for ANY

electronic/metal items. The presentation began with a speech from the President of the Emeryville Ed Fund

thanking everyone for our contributions (total came to $80,000.00). He then introduced the Vice President who

shared with us just how much PIXAR helps with the Emeryville schools and the community.

The theatre went

dark and much to my surprise was the (very short) trailer to Wall-E. I was amazed at how much heart PIXAR can put

into such a short period of time, and how adorable the animators could get a small little robot to look. Needless

to say, the Wall-E trailer got me very excited for the movie.

The short for Ratatouille is the Oscar

nominated “Lifted”. I have yet to see this short and found it extremely funny. Everyone in the audience

was laughing out loud through out the entire cartoon. Gary Rydstrom did an amazing job with this

film!

Then of course there was Ratatouille. I am not going to spoil the movie but…Wow! I thought the

movie was absolutely incredible. PIXAR prides itself on story and characters and creating that emotional

connection with the audience, and only PIXAR can make a “rat film” a heart warming experience for the

entire family. Add that to the amount of detail and gorgeous animation that PIXAR is known for and the result is

amazing.

My “not sure how PIXAR will pull this one off” reaction to the concept of a movie about

a rat and his desire to become a chef was immediately tossed out the window in the first 5 minutes. The depth of

the story goes far beyond what I was expecting and should be equally engaging for both children and adults.

ROBONICS95 - You

are officially the first person on the boards that saw the movie. YOU LUCKY YOU! I’m so jealous! :laughing:

Anyways, thanks for the review! I was already expecting that you were gonna enjoy the movie, but right

now I’m very, very, very excited about it!! I repeat it, you are such a lucky guy.

:wink:

Wow, it sounds

like you had an amazing time, ROBONICS95! There sounds as though there was lots of

cool merchandise there, and to know that any worries that were had about how a concept like this might come

across to an audience were discarded immediately is a relief.

As Maggie said, you’re SO lucky! :smiley:

Glad you had a

fantastic time.

And just to repeat what has been said before…

Please clearly mark your posts

if they have spoilers or use spoiler tags because some of us have to wait until late august/early october or even

the 19th of October to see it without downloading it and being dishonest and unlawful.

ROBONICS95 - Wow it sounded so fun! In opinion was Ratatouille the best Pixar film

yet? and do you think the movie was about 111 min long?

ROBONICS95- You were so

lucky to go to Pixar and see Ratatouille!!! :wink:

Well it sounded like you had a really fun time!!! :smiley:

ROBONICS95 - That’s incredible. Man oh man, I can’t wait to see

this film! Taking your explaination of the film into consideration, it seems as if this production will be a

winner among children and adults alike this year. Simply fantastic!

Thank you so much for the report,

dude! :smiley: