Intertwined

Your Welcome. And I’ll read the one shots when they’re up.

Wait… Ballboi, you already have some stories up? Give me the links, and I’ll go read them! :smiley:

Yeah, I posted a little fan-fic a while ago which is on hold since I’m busy with the one-shots. I’ll edit this post once I find it.

Edit: Found it! It’s actually not that bad for a first try. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9035

Short and sweet, Miss Carrera! Here are my thoughts:

I really like how you described Finn’s school life within the first few paragraphs. It is quite ironic that he is smart and reserved, yet he is considered an outcast by his peers. I was a bit thrown off when you described the purple car as cornered by “three boys his own age” but then I realised you were referring to Finn. But anyway, I had a feeling it was Holley about halfway through the story.

I was a little disappointed that he didn’t have a cool fight sequence with the bullies, but that would’ve been too predictable, and I like how you simply had them walk away. Not all bullies want conflict, and some are the more passive-aggressive kind who would give up once they’ve been ‘spotted’. It’s also adorable how Finn is such a gentleman and helps Holley retrieve her ball stuck in the thorns (which nicely hints at the title and their relationship). Finn’s younger self kind of reminds me of Anthony Horowitz’ Alex Rider series, which I actually enjoyed reading as a teen, and which has influenced much of my writing style and genres.

So yeah… great ending that hints at the Finn-to-come. Your stories never disappoint, so far, heheh. :stuck_out_tongue: Is this on Fanfiction or deviantART so I can Fave it?

tdit! Oh, you don’t know how much it thrills me to get a comment from you on my work! I missed hearing from you dude! Thanks so much! Ah, yes, that was a minor that I perhaps could have re-worked, so thanks for pointing that out! Hahaha, a fight scene would have been cool though! 8D I’m very happy you enjoyed it overall. :mrgreen:

Bang on. I wasn’t so sure how the readers would connect with the title, but you got it. :wink: It was mostly about their relationship. :slight_smile:

Fanfiction. :smiley: I’ve got all my work on there, and a fav would be mega-awesome! I believe I faved your old Cars story on there as well, or I read it at least, and maybe reviewed. I don’t recall, but I remember looking at it on there! :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha, no prob, MissCarrera! I should actually be reading more of your work, just kinda busy with work commitments lately. If you read my Cars/24 fanfic ‘Race Against Time’, that would be the one! Interestingly, I was writing a Cars spy fanfic years before its sequel was even announced!

I’m afraid I’m not as active on Fanfiction as I am on deviantART, so I’m kinda lazy to log on there and Fave it. But nevertheless, great job! And do get a dA account so you get double the exposure! :wink:

Oh, no worries! I know you’re a busy working guy now. Hope that’s going well for you! Yup, that was the one. And I know, quite ironic!

Hmmm, I’ve never considered a dA account yet. That would be a good idea. But don’t a good portion of dA members go on FFN too?

That is true, I know I do.

Yeah. :-D) I’m still going to consider it though. No harm in joining!