-Dangerous Keepings-

You think so? Well, that’s what I was basically shooting for! As for the reasoning behind it…gotta keep my mouth closed on that one. :sunglasses:

Yeah,the word “blood” does it… :astonished: 8D

Ah, yes, but I didn’t say ‘blood’. I only used the word ‘bleeding’ because technically she would be leaking oil, not blood right? I’m happy it came off powerful enough though!

Nice chapter MissCarrera! The ending got me very interested in what will happen in the next chapter.

Thanks! I’m working on it right now! Oh, and I will still be following your story too, I just haven’t got around to the new chapter just yet.

Your welcome. I might need more time to work on my chapters since they appear to be really short. I’ll probably start doing them every other day to where I could extend them.

That sounds like a good idea. The only reason I post so fast is because I already have an entire draft written of mine, I just have to type it up and tweak it a bit.

Yeah, I usually type mine on a word document and then transfer it onto here. It’s happen to me before where I type a long messege or something and when I go to post it says I’m not logged in and I lose everything. It happened with my Cars 2 review twice.

Ah, that stinks! I do it so I have my own copy of the story and can spell/grammar check it.

I really enjoyed it! It was exciting and had a great cliffhanger. I am very interested in what will happen next.

This is that really pivotal point in the story called “Make it or Break it” where the main plot starts and that rise to the climax begins. And baby, you made it! :sunglasses: I never saw you write action before and you’re really good at it! I could see all of this happening and it’s really exciting! What got me was that I wasn’t really expecting anything to happen when Sally asked them if they wanted to go out! Ahh, but that’s the point. :wink: Like when Wheel Well caught on fire? I was like “GASP Oh, no she didn’t. :open_mouth:8D I can imagine how terrible that would be for Sally and McQueen. I mean, they re-opened it together, it’s basically theirs. :frowning: That last part with Holley was really emotionally great; I wonder how they got to Finn. More importantly, I wonder who are these Audis?! I wonder who do they work for and what are they doing with R. Springs?! Who are they after and more importantly, what do they want? :open_mouth:

pixarmilan: I thought it was a pretty good cliffhanger myself! A classic one, you know? Thanks!
SallyMcQueen: So many questions! 8D Hey, I’m glad you enjoyed it though, action is out of genre comfort zone (romance is what I prefer) so I’m really pleased that you found that aspect good. Also, I’m happy that it wasn’t too predictable, I was worried the chapter title might give it away!

Well, my audience on FFN isn’t so great but you guys are awesome so I’m bringing you guys the next chapter right now! :smiley:

“This Time”

Holley woke from a fitful sleep with no sense of time, no memory of the past and no knowledge of the present. She rose dazedly up from her slump with a whimper of pain as her body ached all over. Surveying the room around her she saw a decent sized television, a dark chestnut coffee table and a low-legged couch that she sat upon. The curtains were drawn but white light pushed through the cracks between the fabric. Listening intently she could hear faint wailing matched with soft murmurs on the other side of the wall.

“It’s destroyed! Do you know how much work it will take to salvage the place?” the female cried through sobs.

“Red did all he could, you know that! Now, don’t get so upset, we fixed it once and we can do it again,” came the optimistic reply.

“Oh, just forget it. I don’t feel like talking about this anymore. Just leave me alone for a while, please.” An engine could be heard leaving the hallway.

As the sound died out Holley was brought back to her senses. Thrust into the scene, she could still recall the deafening breaking of glass, the raging fire, the thick, pushy crowd, the chaos and fear. Then there was that flashbulb image of Finn’s body being dragged lifelessly into the sky. After that her memory went blank as the only thing between then and now that she could remember was a blinding film of heavy white smoke.

Just then, McQueen entered the room with a washed-out and weary expression. “Holley! You’re awake, thank the Manufacturer! How are you feeling?”

“I think I’m well enough…did I pass out last night?” she requested.

“Yeah, you did. The Audi gang smoked the entire place so no one could see them take off. They got you pretty good with a strong sedative. We thought you might have lost consciousness from smoke inhalation but the nurse told us otherwise.”

Holley sighed, “Was that Sally crying out there?”

“Yes…the fire damaged the Wheel Well really bad. The place means a lot to her so she’s kind of depressed,” McQueen said looking down at the floor as if he blamed himself for her unhappiness.

“Well, if you don’t mind, I’d like to have a look up there myself,” Holley broke into his misery.

McQueen nodded with understanding but asked gently, “You do know they’ve taken Finn?”

Holley’s heart sank with his words but she spoke bravely, “Yes, I’m aware. I need to find out where they went first. That way I can report it to headquarters and they can dispatch agents to go get him.”

“I see. Good luck then.”

“Thank you, McQueen,” she said civilly. But as she did, she knew very well that agents didn’t rely on luck, they relied on their own wits. In that case, it was time to put her wits to work.

The sight of the Wheel Well was saddening. It was unrecognizable from what it had once been. The entire building was blackened from the ash and smoke. Many of the tables were overturned and their tablecloths either badly singed or a heap of soot. Inside the bar, hanging lights now laid broken on the ground with glass scattered everywhere. Numerous bottles littered the damaged bar in random bits and pieces. Holley’s heart went out to Sally. Few historic spots were as beautiful and finely preserved as the Well had been, and to start all over again would be a true mess.

Searching through the remains, Holley spotted an oddly shaped piece of shrapnel. Pulling closer she could make out a series of numbers stamped across it. It had to be a chunk of metal from the device used to cause the fire. Putting a piece aside she continued looking until she found several more bits. Like a puzzle, she interlocked the pieces until the line of numbers was complete. If she could trace where this weapon had came from she could most likely figure out where Finn and the Audis were hiding.

Using her holographic computer she researched deeply for a long period until she reached an end. The weapon had been manufactured from a factory in a remote part of England. The owner was unknown but the numbers matched up perfectly, it had to be the place. At this point Holley should have called C.H.R.O.M.E. to give the details and coordinates of Finn’s location. They would send out a group of agents to rescue him and further investigate. What about her though? She’d be told to stay back and let the more experienced ones handle it.

But she wouldn’t do it this time; she wouldn’t even inform them of the situation. There wasn’t time to waste on the technical things when Finn was in such danger. And he was her partner, not somebody else’s who probably didn’t know a thing about him. This was her time to fly on her own, to have her name known in the spy world. She had to look out for what mattered in her life, and right now, that thing was Finn.

Shorter chapter, yeah, I apologize. Hopefully it will be enough to hold you over until Monday though. Can't wait to hear any of your thoughts!

Great chapter! It doesn’t bother me that it was pretty short. Though I can’t imagine a car sitting on a couch. 8D

Hahaha! I know, right? I picture their couches to be larger than ours and flatter, very short legs on them too.

That makes sense. It makes me wonder though how do they get on couches? Do they like wheelie themselves onto it or something?

Has a mental picture of a car doing a wheelie 8D Oh gosh! Well, I mean so low that they can just sort of climb on or reverse onto it.

Oh, I understand it now. I could picture them reversing onto it since it’s low. How awkward would it be if they sort of jumped onto it?

Great Chapter! I say good on Holley for taking on the task herself. You described the condition of The Wheel Well really well, I felt really sorry for Sally.

Man, I wrote a really nice post as a review and then my computer decided to hate me and freeze so I lost it. :-\ I’ll see what I can remember…

[quote="MissCarrera":17591848]I was worried the chapter title might give it away! [/quote:17591848]

Ha, no. When I read the chapter title, I thought "Guests" as in Finn and Holley being visitors to R. Springs. :lol:

I really like the title for this chapter, just saying. :)

Awwwww, I feel super bad for Sally. It seems like she’s starting to take her feelings out on Lightning, too. :cry: I hope there’s a happy ending for Wheel Well by the end. :wink: I like how Holley got to hear part of the conversation. Question: Where was she when she woke up? The McQueen household? :?

The description of the now-ruined Wheel Well was good; I could picture the blackened walls and broken glass/bottles, etc. It was kind of one-dimensional though. If you described more than just what it looked like, it would help us to picture it even more. Like maybe how it smells, the after-smell of a fire is very distinctive and recognizable. Maybe the sounds, like the eerie silence that must be surrounding the place because of no one around or sometimes burnt-down buildings will crack depending on what it’s made out of. Just a helpful hint. :)

I’m interested in seeing how Holley’s going to handle this mission on her own. I like the fact that she decided to not call C.H.R.O.M.E. I can see the reason why. Older and therefore, more experienced spies probably look down their hoods at Holley for being newer and in their opinion, less equipped as a secret agent.

Nice chapter, as always. I look forward to your update on Monday. <3

Thanks you two! And yes, she was in the living room of the McQueen household. Guess I should have made that more obvious, sometimes I just get lost in the story myself and assume that the readers know what I know. I like your feedback on the Wheel Well description, now that I look back you are totally right. Always room to improve and that was a great point! Actually, the new chapter won’t be out unti tomorrow because I have decided to do the silly thing and try and balance two stories at once. Those of you who read “Personal Affairs” shan’t mind (yeah, I said shan’t :sunglasses: ) because it is going to be the first chapter of the sequel. You can find it right here on PP in a short while on the fan fiction board. Don’t worry though, this story will still be given an equal amount of my attention!