Coraline

That looks rather nice. I’m intrigued. :slight_smile:

Irongiant: I know! The whole idea for the movie is sucking me in.

Finished the book on Sunday. I loved it! Kind of freaky, but great nonetheless. I definetly reccommend it to anyone who likes Tim Burton sort of stuff or is just as mesmorized by Neil Gaiman as I am. :smiley:

I’m usually not into creepy stuff at all. But Coraline is definitely an exception!

Oh, and also (off-topic), I saw The Nightmare Before Christmas today. I wasn’t as scared as I thought I would be, and it was brilliantly creative and funny. I loved how Jack was proably trying to be nice to “Santy Claws” by giving him a vacation and doing his job for him, then messed up without knowing it at first. :laughing:

Okay, back on topic, I just thought of two possible music videos with Coraline! Of course, I’ll need to see it first… xD

A new trailer for Coraline : link.

Technically, it doesn’t look amazing (Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride was released three years ago and it looked better), but who cares ? The movie seems great. I’m definitely gonna see it.

p.s : At the beginning I was like “Hey ! Wait ! Where did I heard that music before ?” And three seconds later “Oh ! Okay. I guess it sounds good on trailers.”

Yeah, I agree Archibald, the animation isn’t as good as Corpse Bride but in a way, that adds to the quirkiness and the theme of the movie.

It isn’t as spooky or atmospheric as I’d like it to be, but the story itself should hopefully make up for this. Thanks for the link, Archibald.

Can’t say I’m hopping excited for this film… but I’m certainly intrigued. I saw the brand-new trailer yesterday and it piqued my interest… “From the Director of the Nightmare Before Christmas”…TIm Burton? :slight_smile: Maybe I’ll borrow the book from the library to have a read.

Interesting new trailer! “[spoil]I’M NOT SCARED!- AHHHH! xD[/spoil]”
I recognize a lot of parts from reading the book, and I like how the movie’s really bringing it to life. I can’t wait! Though, I’ll probably watch it alone, since the rest of my family isn’t interested in this kind of movie. Unless I watch it with some friends…

thedriveintheatre: In my opinion, it’s usually best to read the original book before watching the movie’s adaption. :wink:

What the hell, This looks like a rip-off of Pinocchio and Alice in the Wonderland combined. Also the animation skill looks so poor, reminds me of Monsters House or what its called.

You the did’nt like the graphics for Monster House, azzstar? I thought they were pretty cool. Also the graphics in Coraline are at there best for stop motion. I thought the same thing for The Clone Wars, but it turned out to be a good movie. {Unfortuanately it wasn’t nominated for best animated.} Speaking of Academy Awards I think Coraline should be nominated for the award. Anyways, do any of you know why Henry Selick waited so long to make another movie :question:

I’ve been waiting for this for … forever. :laughing: I’m so glad a trailer finally came out.

I dunno about the storyline, but I’ll just be content with the animation itself. :wink:

I just finished reading the graphic novel of Coraline (yeah, sorry, I’m too lazy and short-pressed for time to read Gaiman’s original novel). The story is very imaginative and the characters intriguing, especially the Other Mother and the cat. It’s the usual cautionary tale not to take your parents for granted, and it bears some similarities to Miyazaki’s Spirited Away. :wink:

Can’t wait for the movie, especially if it’s in eye-poking 3-D! :smiley:

I don’t know if I will even read the graphic novel! I got the novel from the library, and never got to reading it. The movie is more important to me, anyways.

Of course it sounds a little inticing since it’s connected to some of the people who made Nightmare. But the plot isnt grabbing me for some reason. I think I’d need to know more about it…

The full trailer I saw for this yesterday got me pretty pumped!

The overall tone and feeling of the movie intrigues me, and that’s what matters to me. I like movies where the design emits some sort of “emotion”, like it was some art.

I don’t know how to describe it, but I trust these people (and stop-motion movies in general), so I’m probably going to see it.

Ehh, this movie looks descent, but i wouldnt give it anymore than that. Ill wait until its released on dvd to see this, it doesnt catch my interest all that much,

Props on the stop motion though!

queenbean3 from Wall-E forums has posted some interesting promotional posters on Photobucket. Look out for the “A is for…” series of posters, done in the style of children’s alphabet books. I especially like the final posters with Coraline folding her arms with that confident smirk, and the duality of the worlds reflected in the background sky and house. Only one more week for the Americans, while the rest of Southeast Asia and Oz have to wait till April.

The cat looks pretty freaky, though. :slight_smile:

Awesome ad! It looks really eye-catching. Coraline’s hair looks darker- black- instead of the blue I saw in the trailers, though.

Some of those posters look positively fantastic. I honestly can’t wait for this one…Henry Selick can do no wrong in my eyes.

It looks creepy, cooky, all sorts of wonderful things!

Ahem…Carry on.

I heard this somewhere but was too lazy to quote it :laughing:

I got the movie collector’s edition and in the back there is a note from Henry Selick!! It says it took him 7 years to make the film! that’s probaly why he hasn’t been doing too many other projects ( other than the stupid Moongirl book)