Animagusurreal's Artwork

Nice artwork. Can’t wait to see more out of you.

Lizardgirl and Bill -

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Star -

I do love drawing those animal characters!

Did you catch that one single solitary lone human character who was in the video a couple times? (Sondrew Hayne, my gryphon character’s human friend).

Vim -

Hopefully this will be a real carpet one day! :slight_smile:

This will be a series of 4 carpets (5 if you count one really really small one) that will appear together in the final picture.

Larger Version:

[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/animagusurreal/MagicCarpetEdcopy.jpg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums....opy.jpg[/url]

All the carpets will have a “flight” theme, this one is feathers!

2 more carpets to go, plus a three-headed vulture and a desert backdrop :slight_smile:.

Wow! All I can say is wow! It looks so beautiful and so creative. I never thought you can combine simple colorful feathers into one beautiful carpet. I can clearly see the animal design in it. Really nice job!

Star Swordsman -

Thank you for your “wow” :slight_smile:

Here’s the next one in the series, a bat pattern (or “battern” for short :slight_smile: )

Larger version:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/ … opy600.jpg

animagusurreal - I wouldn’t mind having those as bed covers or rugs mysefl! Nice designs, dude. :wink:

– Mitch

Seriously, I am totally jealous! How do you come up with amazing ideas like that?

Mitch - it would seem there’s a market for my work out there, if only I knew someone who ran a rug/placemat/blanket/wallhanging company who could capitalize on it :slight_smile:

Star - my brain just works this way :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I can tell right there. Well, I can’t wait for more work from you.

animagusurreal - I agree. You could probably develop a (possibly) steady side-business out of that. :slight_smile:

– Mitch

Mitch - thanks, I sure hope I can! The fundage would be nice :slight_smile:

Star - To tide you over until my next wave of new original art, here’s a YouTube fan video I made:

youtube.com/watch?v=k5lGDSeDRa0

(It would be cool if we could get YouTube tags on this forum. They have them over on a Disneyland forum I’m on, and you can put videos right in your post.)

A fan made tribute to blue (and blue-wearing) characters from various properties, including a few of my own characters.

I recently read “Eldest”, the second book in Christopher Paolini’s “Inheritance Cycle”, which features a blue dragon named Saphira, and I absolutely love the character.

I also remember someone on the “Making of Beauty and the Beast” TV special saying that Belle was the only character in the village who had the color blue on her (her dress), so as to emphasize how much she stood out. So the general idea was that these would be blue characters that somehow stood out from their society (Saphira being the only known dragon in Alagaesia, Gusto Gummi being an individualistic artist, Bloo having the unique arrangement with his creator Mac, etc.). This is why you don’t see the Smurfs in here (they’re all blue!).

Accidentally forgotten was Gonzo from the Muppets, who would have fit this theme perfectly…(Oh, well…sorry, Gonzo!)

There’s also a theme of friendship, (Eragon and Saphira, Lilo and Stich, Mac and Bloo, etc.).

The song “Who Could Be Blue?” was cut from the 1971 Stephen Sondheim musical “Follies”. It would have been cast in a more ironic light in the show than it was in this video. It was replaced in the show by “You’re Gonna Love Tommorow/Love Will See Us Through”. This recording is from the 1998 “complete recording,” with the cast from the Paper Mill Playhouse production. The singer is Michael Gruber.

Please, no comments of “That character isn’t blue!” Some of the characters are very light blue, and some of them are only wearing blue, but blue is featured promeniently on one character in every scene of this video.

Actually, the Saphira from the movie version of “Eragon” (which I haven’t seen) wasn’t blue enough for my purposes, so I made her bluer. I read that the filmmakers decided to make her a more muted grayish color because larger creatures in nature tend to be more muted colors - despite the fact that she’s a magical dragon, and her last name in the books is Brightscales.

Of course, I couldn’t resist including some of my own characters -

Straightstripe the blue zebra-unicorn (listed as “Straight Stripe” on the credits, because the other way it put the “e” on the next line) and Y.C. the blue-trimmed white tiger from my graphic novel project “Camo”

And Rumples the blue unicorn and Ballad Quill the blue-wearing gryphon (along with Sondrew Hayne the human riding on his back) from my fantasy novel project “Escapia”.

Characters from my own projects are copyright 2007 Brent M. Parker.

Also, here’s a little quickie fan pic I made of Saphira by “Saphira-izing” my character, Cohaas the dracophoenix:

What he normally looks like:
[url]http://animagusurreal.deviantart.com/art/Fire-and-Music-45335354[/url]

I saw the fan video and I was amazed! Excellent job man! I really love it! Nice picture too.

Thanks for your amazement, Star! :slight_smile:

The latest and last in my series of 4 magic carpet patterns that will - hopefully soon :slight_smile: - culminate in a picture all of them flying together.

LARGER VERSION

Oooh! The carpet design looks so cool! Not only is it colordul, but I absolutely love the dragons. If it was real, I would buy it and put it in my room.

I agree with TSS- the colours in the carpet are gorgeous. What a beautiful design! I also love the swirly effect of the smoke. :smiley:

Wow – how cool! I love the use of colors and design, as both seem to flow quite nicely into each other.

Great job! :smiley:

– Mitch

Thanks again, everybody!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

lizardgirl - Yeah, I do love those swirly patterns :slight_smile:.

LARGER VERSION

After months of hard work, here it is at last! The finished picture that all these carpet patterns were created for!

A magical three-headed vulture is just beginning to give four young magic carpets a flying lesson in the desert.

The three-headed vulture was originally supposed to be a mythical “roc bird,” based on a memory I had of a clip from an old Sinbad movie that was shown in a special about stop-motion animator Ray Harryhausen. I thought I remembered them having three heads. However, when I looked up the roc bird, it looked nothing like this, so now he’s just a three-headed vulture :slight_smile:.

Also, here’s a silly 30 second little video my mother and I did:

CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO ON YOUTUBE! :slight_smile:

I animated some of my original characters laughing hysterically and my mother, Roberta Slutske, provided their voices.

We decided it would be funny if they had something to laugh at, so we launched an exhaustive search for a short, one-line joke that could be dubbed over a picture of my mother holding a microphone like a stand-up comedian (she was actually singing karaoke). After hours of searching the internet and Reader’s Digest for anything remotely funny, we were fed up. I finally said, in a monotone robot voice, “insert - joke - here.” And we decided that that would be the joke.

So you can say your own joke to the screen and watch my characters laugh hysterically at it - whatever it is! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I created the animations of my characters laughing for a larger project that you’ll eventually be seeing on YouTube.

(The characters will be matted into live action shots, which requires a solid blue background).

The music on the end credits is also by me, but Windows Movie Maker only allows you so many credits when you do rolling credits like this :slight_smile:.

Dude, that looks so beautiful! Absolutely amazing. If this picture was like candy, I would say that it came from Willy Wonka’s factory. It is so colorful, eye-popping, and gorgeous. Wonderful!

Star -

Thank you for the wonderful compliments, especially the Willy Wonka comparison :slight_smile:.

I’m currently in the process of moving and my computer is in storage. I’m getting by by doing Photoshop on my girlfriend’s computer on the weekends, but it has slowed down my artistic output! Rest assured, though, there is more new stuff in the works, including one with a ninja cat and a cowboy horse, and one with a female Easter Bunny :slight_smile: .

You are welcome. I can’t wait for your next work. especially the ninja cat.